Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Any Rocket League fans here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk3qh7bjoIY

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I played the absolute gently caress out of the Wii version. Using the Wii-mote as a proton pack was so fun, and I liked that it was basically The Real Ghostbusters done up to match the story of the PS3 game. My roommate has never played the game, so I'm getting it for his PS4 and we are gonna bust some goddamn ghosts.

Also, if you play Planet Coaster, they just released a Ghostbusters pack that included the four main characters, Slimer, Stay-Puft, tons of sets from the film to put in your parks, a Slimer themed kiddie coaster and an all new ride system that is basically Men in Black from Universal and you can build a ghostbusters shooter game ride, and then actually ride it and play the game and rack up points. There is also a campaign mode too, but I don't know exactly what it entails. Looks to be a ton of fun.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

poo poo I might get Planet Coaster just for that! Is it good?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Sigourney Weaver has confirmed she’s back as Dana in the new film.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

somehow I missed that Murray and Akroyd were coming back

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
That's good news, but I'm still waiting to hear about Winston. :ohdear:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

deoju posted:

That's good news, but I'm still waiting to hear about Winston. :ohdear:

Same.

He really could be the only returning one, and I'd be 100% fine with that.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I love Ramis, but I hope they have him show up as a gross looking Slimer ghost cameo.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Ghostbusters/status/1137522735293190147?s=19

That's a good sign wrt Winston.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Moranis or GTFO.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
They asked him to make a cameo in the last one, but he said no.

Here's a brief thing with some quotes.
https://www.rollingstone.com/movies...From%20%251%24s

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/06/10/ghostbusters-fort-detmerring-clip-steelbook-exclusive/

Not the full thing, but part of it.

Anyone get their copy of the Blu-ray yet?

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/06/10/ghostbusters-fort-detmerring-clip-steelbook-exclusive/

Not the full thing, but part of it.

Anyone get their copy of the Blu-ray yet?

My steelbook came today. Havent had a chance to watch it yet though, probably wont til this weekend. Im unhappy though, not a fan of discs stacked on each other. The 4ks and blus are each on a spindle together. The back cover rocks though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The 4K set is currently 40% off at Amazon.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

The 4K set is currently 40% off at Amazon.

And also not available in Canada, which is just :psyduck: I mean, full disclosure, I don't have a blu-ray player, and am not planning on getting one for just one release, but still. What the hell?

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009
The regular blu in my set has no deleted scenes. What in the gently caress..

Im an idiot. Theres a third disc. Still unhappy with the disc stacking.

l33tfuzzbox fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jun 15, 2019

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

l33tfuzzbox posted:

Im an idiot. Theres a third disc. Still unhappy with the disc stacking.

Same, that third Blu is now permanently located on top of that spindle

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.cbr.com/hasbro-ghostbus...mpaign=CBR-FB-P

I hate how much I want thing.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You'd think a transforming Ecto-1 would be enough, there's been fanart of that for years. But then again, picturing Optimus Prime joining the Ghostbusters is strangely believable and completely hilarious.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I want thing so much, and I’m mad it’s a SDCC exclusive.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

poo poo.

I have bought Ghostbusters several times on DVD. Then on Blu-ray with the bad 25th Anniversary transfer, then the better transfer they put out later. Then the 4K Blu-ray just this January.

And now I just bought the double edition just for the extras. I'm a sucker, but Ghostbusters is my all-time favourite movie so...

Also seconding the some time ago discussion about Ghostbusters II being pretty scary. When I was younger, there were two things especially that gave me a lot of nightmares: the Titanic coming into harbor and the quite realistic looking but extremely muted and downtrodden passenger ghosts shuffling onto shore, and the ghost nanny coming to steal the kid. The VHS copy we had was so blurry that only years later I realized it was Janosz dressed as a nanny, which made it less scary.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Jun 20, 2019

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Der Shovel posted:

poo poo.

I have bought Ghostbusters several times on DVD. Then on Blu-ray with the bad 25th Anniversary transfer, then the better transfer they put out later. Then the 4K Blu-ray just this January.

And now I just bought the double edition just for the extras. I'm a sucker, but Ghostbusters is my all-time favourite movie so...

Join the club! It’s like K in MIB: “I guess I’m buying the White Album again.”

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I've still got it on VHS. When my family ditched the vcr and all of the other cassettes I kept that one. I remember crying when I accidentally sat on the box and crumpled and tore it. Then I lovingly taped it back together. Later the labels on the top and side fell off I reattached them with the strongest compound I knew of, Elmer's glue. They are a little wavy and crooked. I guess my kid brain couldn't disassociate the physical object with the film, because I took care of it. I guess I still can't.

deoju fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jun 20, 2019

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Honestly, this is fanservice at it's finest!

Now do Metroplex as the firestation!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Der Shovel posted:

Also seconding the some time ago discussion about Ghostbusters II being pretty scary. When I was younger, there were two things especially that gave me a lot of nightmares: the Titanic coming into harbor and the quite realistic looking but extremely muted and downtrodden passenger ghosts shuffling onto shore, and the ghost nanny coming to steal the kid. The VHS copy we had was so blurry that only years later I realized it was Janosz dressed as a nanny, which made it less scary.

*deep booming voice mixed differently than anything else on the sound track*

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINSTOOOOOOOOOOOOON...

*decapitated bloody heads on spikes*

I mean, come on. Still gives me the chills thirty years later.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The whole walking in the sewer sequence is probably the horror zenith of the franchise.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Janosz’s eyes glowing in the hallway during the blackout.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

The only truly scary parts of the first film for me were the library ghost going nuclear, and Dana getting grabbed and pulled into the kitchen by the terror dog.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

You Are A Elf posted:

*deep booming voice mixed differently than anything else on the sound track*

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINSTOOOOOOOOOOOOON...

*decapitated bloody heads on spikes*

Aww gently caress I forgot about that.

On the upside when my 4K set gets here I'll have a chance to rewatch GB2 for the first time in a few years!

Kevyn posted:

The only truly scary parts of the first film for me were the library ghost going nuclear, and Dana getting grabbed and pulled into the kitchen by the terror dog.

When Ghostbusters came out on VHS, I was like 7. I desperately wanted to see it, so we went to rent it but the lady who ran our local VHS place (of course we only had one) convinced my mum it was FAR too scary for me. And so I had to wait until I could secretly watch it at a friend's place after school one day. The only scary thing was the zombie cab driver.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Der Shovel posted:

Aww gently caress I forgot about that.

On the upside when my 4K set gets here I'll have a chance to rewatch GB2 for the first time in a few years!

When Ghostbusters came out on VHS, I was like 7. I desperately wanted to see it, so we went to rent it but the lady who ran our local VHS place (of course we only had one) convinced my mum it was FAR too scary for me. And so I had to wait until I could secretly watch it at a friend's place after school one day. The only scary thing was the zombie cab driver.

I don't recall ever being scared by Ghostbusters, and I watched it a shitton back when I was little.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Kevyn posted:

Yea the arms popping out of the chair and clamping over Dana's mouth gave me nightmares for weeks.

Viggo was just a straight-up scarier villain though, at least for me as a kid because he had that face and the scary voice and backstory. I was 5 years old when GBII came out, so for me the finale where he steps out of that painting was 100% serious business. I was not laughing at all.

Also an underrated moment is when the dark room catches on fire and Winston has to bash down the door to get to them.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The ghosts are really the biggest strength of Ghostbusters in any medium. They can be goofy, scary, legitimately dangerous, or all three at once, but the important thing is that the characters and the writers take them seriously.

The cartoon had a pretty legendary creature designer that went on to work on the awesomely hosed up Jumanji cartoon, iirc.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Iron Crowned posted:

I don't recall ever being scared by Ghostbusters, and I watched it a shitton back when I was little.

Yeah, that VHS store lady was way off base on this one -- and I've always been scared SUPER easily.

E: While I'm here, I kinda want to look into some of the peripheral Ghostbusters stuff. The IDW comics are the ones that are good, right? And The Real Ghostbusters (first two seasons) is the one worth watching?

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 20, 2019

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I have to agree with everything said so far, with regards to the scare factor of the first two films. I'll add that the entire library sequence (outside of the actual jokes) was really eerie, and anything regarding the terror dogs were pretty scary as well. I remember not getting the joke when Louis gets possessed at Tavern on the Green. My little kid brain would always think 'WHY DON'T THEY HELP HIM?!?!'

Pssshh... New Yorkers.

Also, even though the sequence was sort of a mix between badass and goofy, the courtroom scene from 2 used to get me. We all know why.

Goddamn Tony Scoleri.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Iron Crowned posted:

I wasn't scared by either Ghostbusters, but I think that's more a factor of being older than most of you when they came out and the sheer volume of horror films I sit through.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Der Shovel posted:

Yeah, that VHS store lady was way off base on this one -- and I've always been scared SUPER easily.

E: While I'm here, I kinda want to look into some of the peripheral Ghostbusters stuff. The IDW comics are the ones that are good, right? And The Real Ghostbusters (first two seasons) is the one worth watching?

Yea The Real Ghostbusters is legit, and you'll be surprised by the wide range of horror themed episodes there are.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I have to agree with everything said so far, with regards to the scare factor of the first two films. I'll add that the entire library sequence (outside of the actual jokes) was really eerie, and anything regarding the terror dogs were pretty scary as well. I remember not getting the joke when Louis gets possessed at Tavern on the Green. My little kid brain would always think 'WHY DON'T THEY HELP HIM?!?!'

I had the same exact experience. That scene was absolutely terrifying to me for a number of years, somewhere along the line I didn't see the movie for a while and then when I went back to it as a teenager I finally understood the joke. That's the genius of Ghostbusters though, it plays as two completely different movies depending on the age of the person watching it.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

As a kid I assumed the power of Gozer was making them ignore Louis and the dog, like how the townsfolk ignore all the hosed up poo poo happening to the kids in IT.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Basebf555 posted:

I had the same exact experience. That scene was absolutely terrifying to me for a number of years, somewhere along the line I didn't see the movie for a while and then when I went back to it as a teenager I finally understood the joke. That's the genius of Ghostbusters though, it plays as two completely different movies depending on the age of the person watching it.

I'm dense, but what is the joke other than "New Yorkers are jaded?"

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

AFewBricksShy posted:

I'm dense, but what is the joke other than "New Yorkers are jaded?"

Yea, nothing complicated but when you're 4 or 5 years old all you think about is the giant loving demon dog that's about to maul Louis so the fact that there was a joke there didn't even register until years later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

“Maybe you guys can go around? Alright, thanks New York.”