Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
No, no. Phoenix is Cursed. Especially Van Buren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Scathach posted:

I am loving the hell out of that red on you. Especially with the color of your eyes.
Thank you! I'm definitely keeping it for a while. And it's much more manageable than the teal that was my previous favorite.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I feel you on the paler colors! The mint I have in is a pain. About to dye it all black to grow out.

Totally forget some of you guys are from AZ. Phoenix is cursed and Van Buren is double cursed and god help you if you accidentally find yourself in Apache Junction. I'm constantly surprised how nice it is to walk around Seattle and not worry about getting stabbed by a methhead.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Scathach posted:

I feel you on the paler colors! The mint I have in is a pain. About to dye it all black to grow out.
Aside from staining everything, I am absolutely the worst at bleaching and I fried the gently caress out of my hair. I had to buzz everything off and that is not a good look for me.

And thank you for justifying every "hell no!" I've ever given when someone says I should move to AZ.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Oh yeah, gently caress AZ. I lived there close to three decades. It's cheap to live, but wages suck, it's constantly hot to the point your trash can will melt and your car stereo will break, it's full of racist and bigoted assholes, and there's no good fresh fish (unless you want to gamble buying shrimp with the dudes in uncooled vans at the side of the road.) It's also dusty and gritty and just generally uncomfortable unless you spend $450/mo keeping your house to the very low temp of 80 degrees and have a pool in the back yard.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

I grew up in the Coachella Valley, which is similarly lovely and cassette-melting hot (128°, one summer) so going back to a place like the one I fled with an hour's notice is not on my list of priorities.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Arizona is rad as hell from the air, I've flown over many times. Never been on the ground. Sounds like I'm enjoying that state the proper way.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Someone slashed my tires when I was away for a long weekend, and the rims sank into the asphalt and we had to use crowbars/cats paws to pry them up.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

So AZ has these bus stops that are all metal but the metal has a billion tiny holes so you can see through it. Common sight is dudes thinking no one can see them having a free piss by the side of the road, "hiding" behind the bus stop.

Southern Arizona is definitely best by air. Northern AZ is just a different state and doesn't know it yet.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I had an urge to do a timeline recently, but posting on r/transtimelines scares the gently caress out of me, so I'm just gonna drop this off here with you lovely people.

Me at 2.5 months, 5.5 months, and 7.25 months

Thoughts: 1.) Alright, maybe HRT is doing more to my face than I thought it was. 2.) Wow, I am way better at makeup than I was in January ooof

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
HRT is loving black magic, seriously. Whenever I look through my old pics I always go "Wait that was me? My face is super different now!"

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
I bought new fancyass sunglasses on sale. Now I have to put my prescription on them to actually use them outside and that's going to be more than the sunglasses! Fun!

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Please put glasses on Shelley!

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
This is the best picture I've taken

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Holy. loving. poo poo. :swoon::swoon:

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)

New lab is fun but goddamn does my new boss have a lot of energy. I've been chugging coffee just to keep up. Also, apparently I wear glasses when I code or read now.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Speaking of labs, I finally got to see my professor's lab (he works in photonics). It's in a small cramped cheap office building off campus along with a bunch of other professor's labs and I swear, the place would be at home in a horror movie. The lab itself is messy as hell because his postdoc there was on maternity leave and the lab manager had also left. I see a spring cleaning day in my future.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Aschlafly posted:

New lab is fun but goddamn does my new boss have a lot of energy. I've been chugging coffee just to keep up. Also, apparently I wear glasses when I code or read now.

I’d post a picture but now I just look like a thumb.

Horsey McHorseface
Jun 5, 2017

Karnegal posted:

I had an urge to do a timeline recently, but posting on r/transtimelines scares the gently caress out of me, so I'm just gonna drop this off here with you lovely people.

Me at 2.5 months, 5.5 months, and 7.25 months

Thoughts: 1.) Alright, maybe HRT is doing more to my face than I thought it was. 2.) Wow, I am way better at makeup than I was in January ooof

I would greatly appreciate any and all makeup tips from you and all other makeup-wearers in this thread!

e: I didn't notice the gangtag because I was phone posting before, but thank you birdmod! :D

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Horsey McHorseface posted:

I would greatly appreciate any and all makeup tips from you and all other makeup-wearers in this thread!

e: I didn't notice the gangtag because I was phone posting before, but thank you birdmod! :D

I'm still an apprentice to my wife who has had makeup as a hobby for the 15 years we've been together, but I'm more than happy to pass on what I know. You can feel free to PM me so that this doesn't turn into a makeup thread, but I guess a good place to start is what are you doing now and what do you want to do?

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I follow makeup artists in YouTube, but the thing that really made me learn and appreciate makeup is Kevin Aucoin's Making Faces (a book). He discusses technique, tools, and has several beautiful explained looks to recreate. It's from the late 90s but I still look at it now and then.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
I recently posted this Public Service Announcement Against Balding on social media
as part of that whole 10 year challenge thing. Seems as good a time as any to post on this thread for the first time

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

LingcodKilla posted:

I’d post a picture but now I just look like a thumb.

Ahh, I remember when you were first told here you look like a thumb. Meeeeeeeeeeeemories!

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Yours is a very friendly face!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

10 Beers posted:

Ahh, I remember when you were first told here you look like a thumb. Meeeeeeeeeeeemories!

I’ve been gaslighted!

Angry because I got to eat my little canned fishies outside my house and the sun is briiiiiight.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CityMidnightJunky posted:

I recently posted this Public Service Announcement Against Balding on social media
as part of that whole 10 year challenge thing. Seems as good a time as any to post on this thread for the first time

Bald looks great on you!

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Post Your Picture II: Selfies & Lost In The Hills Because The Directions to Dyke Day Suuuuuuuck

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

LingcodKilla posted:

I’ve been gaslighted!

Angry because I got to eat my little canned fishies outside my house and the sun is briiiiiight.

Why, you don't look like a thumb at all!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Impressive!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Good morning! Train selfie! :)

RandomZero
Aug 22, 2010

I'm an unoriginal copy cat. After seeing Six-of-Hearts with a version of this shirt, I had to go and get my own. It's rad.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
It’s not a great pic but my coworker curled my hair at work since we both work overnights and have a bridal shower to be at in the morning and I love it

Edit: cute snap pic

CeramicPig has a new favorite as of 08:39 on Jun 9, 2019

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Helped my mom as I visited her this weekend. We were putting up polo horses out during a lightning storm. But one horse just absolutely loved me and thought I would share:

E- poo poo I forgot I had another picture. I forget the Mare's name sadly. :(

Also yes I know I am goony as gently caress I spent the weekend with my mom and forgot to bring a razor.

Katamari Democracy has a new favorite as of 20:45 on Jun 9, 2019

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Lots of cuteness happening!

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)

New university's rec center is... dumpy but passable. I lost a lot of strength in the past two weeks of relative inactivity, but it'll come back quickly.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Went ice skating for the first time in at least 3 years. Made it ~30min on the ice before I had enough falls/slides to last me for the week 🙃

This taken moments before a near-faceplant, where I was forcefully reminded that the skates have a brake on the front of them :haw:

Good times, though. Ice skating is essentially the only hobby I’ve carried over from living in AK years ago.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
Clean face, filter, fake septum

After hair and makeup on my good friend's wedding

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

Goober Peas posted:

Please put glasses on Shelley!

Tried to, it didn't go well.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

That’s one cool cat :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Aschlafly posted:

New university's rec center is... dumpy but passable. I lost a lot of strength in the past two weeks of relative inactivity, but it'll come back quickly.

I uh

guess you don't skip leg day :popeye: