Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Larry Parrish posted:

Original Sin 2 is one of the best RPGs ever made imo. I dunno about rebooting the baldurs gate series but Larian's making it so I guess we'll see

Larian games are horrible and the baldurs gate game ssuck rear end and was the worst thing that happened to rpgs in the 90s frankly. well maybe diablo is worse. anywya its two horrible tastes that make me loving puke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
teh new star wars game looks like purestrain aids.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Ya

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ragg posted:

Larian games are horrible and the baldurs gate game ssuck rear end and was the worst thing that happened to rpgs in the 90s frankly. well maybe diablo is worse. anywya its two horrible tastes that make me loving puke.

this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Diablo kicks rear end.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i liked baldurs game when i was 13 years old but it was literally the only non pokemon rpg id played

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Well I think larian is epic and so it baldurs gate.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Average Bear posted:

Well I think larian is epic and so it baldurs gate.
Who let this GBS turn in.... oh hey Average Bear. Didn't recognize you there.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Day 4 of waiting for a mod to fix my slightly oversized (girthier... I guess?) av.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I’ve never played Baldur’s Gate but Larian kicks rear end so I’m glad they’re making another game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

White Genocide posted:

ballturds gape, pee

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I’ve never played Baldur’s Gate but Larian kicks rear end so I’m glad they’re making another game

If you liked divinity 1/2 you would definitely like BG2

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1137518489600577536

https://twitter.com/Xbox2Console/status/1133170626636722176

Xbox stays winning.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

The real time combat kind of sucks in this gamers opinion but theres autopauses that make it decent. I liked BG1/2 but only with small parties or solo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Ragg posted:

Larian writing isnt great but the combat and general stat systems in OS2 are like the only ones i can stand in CRPGs. Simple action point turn based with impactful skills and hard-rear end encounters is really fun , miss me with that real time with pause bullshit

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hard rear end Encounters.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/godsewa/status/1137606697474711552

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I played almost all of OS2 and aside from some interesting side quests I don’t think there was anything memorable about the writing. The combat is fun but my only gripe is how a deep tactical combat system more or less seems to come down to which side had better positioning at the start of the encounter most of the time

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

goferchan posted:

Larian writing isnt great but the combat and general stat systems in OS2 are like the only ones i can stand in CRPGs. Simple action point turn based with impactful skills and hard-rear end encounters is really fun , miss me with that real time with pause bullshit

Imagine a larian game with rtwp the worst game of all time. Anyway according to rope kid ppl dont hate turn based as much as people think they do so we might be saved from the rtwp menace in the future.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ragg posted:

Imagine a larian game with rtwp the worst game of all time. Anyway according to rope kid ppl dont hate turn based as much as people think they do so we might be saved from the rtwp menace in the future.

Have you played pillars 2 since they added the turn based mode? I want to check it out now after i finish OS2. I go to bat hard for that combat system though, it's easy to understand and you do like 3 things with each character each turn and it's all powerful/meaningful

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
meditating in preparation to take in all the gaming news

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

meditating in preparation to take in all the gaming news

Anything happening today before Xbox Rises Up?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Anything happening today before Xbox Rises Up?

im gonna get my groceries and do the hitman ET

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

goferchan posted:

Have you played pillars 2 since they added the turn based mode? I want to check it out now after i finish OS2. I go to bat hard for that combat system though, it's easy to understand and you do like 3 things with each character each turn and it's all powerful/meaningful

no. id feel bad not finishing pillars 1 but maybe ill give it a whirl

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm not sure my body can handle 2+ hours of Xbox gaming news followed immediately by Todd cracking self-deprecating jokes about how they're adding Skyrim to FO76.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

American McGay posted:

I'm not sure my body can handle 2+ hours of Xbox gaming news followed immediately by Todd cracking self-deprecating jokes about how they're adding Skyrim to FO76.

you are weak

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

YouTube live kicks off 10 hours of Non Stop E3 coverage live at 1PM eastern. Now this is loving awesome.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

YouTube live kicks off 10 hours of Non Stop E3 coverage live at 1PM eastern. Now this is loving awesome.

is geoff keighley doing that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Be sure to tune in next weekend too for coverage of Fortnite E3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

is geoff keighley doing that

indeed.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Its going to be awesome when they unveil the pride icon for the gears of funko android app. Phil youve done it again

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Pouring one out for my homie, Cornelius Boots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSW76F0OIoM

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/byisci/xbox_game_pass_for_pc_games_showing_on_microsoft/

The PC gamepass list went up early on the windows store . Some pretty good indie treasures in there for $5 a month

edit: also Halo Master Chief Collection is on there, if they announce a surprise PC launch today i'll lose it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Bob crying in the corner because he already spent $500 on indie treasures such as Hollow Knight, Ori, Crosscode, and Wizard of Legend.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

goferchan posted:

edit: also Halo Master Chief Collection is on there, if they announce a surprise PC launch today i'll lose it
The whole thing is coming to Steam but it'll take a few years for them to port everything over, and they're starting with Reach cause lol.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

American McGay posted:

The whole thing is coming to Steam but it'll take a few years for them to port everything over, and they're starting with Reach cause lol.

Reach is probably the best one for MP but I wanna play through all the campaigns in order

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Ragg posted:

teh new star wars game looks like purestrain aids.

yeah

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Sunday E3 Live: Official YouTube Show with Xbox, Bethesda, Samuel L. Jackson and More!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hype.