Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

BaseballPCHiker posted:

So put in a TAC case and asked our Cisco rep about this.

Basically they have no plans to support CER with 9200s. So we're using IP subnets which works for most of our sites, but we have a few places with different physical locations on the same subnet, which means we'll just have to manually add in phones there.

Is there a bug ID or is this listed explicitly in any documents?

Edit:
CER release notes don’t list 9200 series as supported hardware but doesn’t say why.

Bigass Moth fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jun 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Found out 8961's are discontinued today when trying to make a purchase for a phone conversion at a couple of our locations.. Is the 8861 the closest replacement? We have some 8811/8841s but I don't really love those phones, and the 8861 seems pretty similar.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

It is the same plus WLAN radio, more power for USB, higher PoE class draw , and 3.5mm line in/out.

More or less 7800, 8800, or DX at this point but I wonder if the DX is long for this world.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thanks Ants posted:

In my experience Fortinet products are one of the least terrible UTM boxes

The VDOM functionality alone makes life easier in deploying multi-stakeholder networks at remote locations. Just hand over the VDOM credentials to stakeholder IT and tell them to go nuts.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

BurgerQuest posted:

The VDOM functionality alone makes life easier in deploying multi-stakeholder networks at remote locations. Just hand over the VDOM credentials to stakeholder IT and tell them to go nuts.
VDOMs are pretty great. We have a multi-tenant environment and have made great use of them in that capacity, even though we manage the device for the other tenants.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Tetramin posted:

Yeah, I just experienced this at a new site with metro Ethernet. Our “100mb symmetrical” link was auto negotiating to 100/half duplex giving us like 10mb actual speed. Got to experience the hell that is ATTs support too, after 3 auto closed tickets they finally fixed it.

I dont think the speed 100 was an actual problem but it negotiates at 1000/full now and speeds are what I expected.

Make sure you have your own equipment shaping or policing to 100/100 or else you will have a lot of large file transfers magically fail when the ATT policer kills your session.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

BaseballPCHiker posted:

So put in a TAC case and asked our Cisco rep about this.

Basically they have no plans to support CER with 9200s. So we're using IP subnets which works for most of our sites, but we have a few places with different physical locations on the same subnet, which means we'll just have to manually add in phones there.

Happy Monday, happy Cisco

Introduction

This document applies to Cisco Emergency Responder, Release 11.5(4) SU3.

Cisco Emergency Responder release 11.5(4) SU3 supports the following new feature:

Supports Catalyst 9200 and 9200L models. For more information, see the Supported Voice-Ready LAN Switches section.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Partycat posted:

Happy Monday, happy Cisco

Introduction

This document applies to Cisco Emergency Responder, Release 11.5(4) SU3.

Cisco Emergency Responder release 11.5(4) SU3 supports the following new feature:

Supports Catalyst 9200 and 9200L models. For more information, see the Supported Voice-Ready LAN Switches section.

Woohoo!

One less thing to worry about. I wonder why TAC or are rep didnt tell us this was on the horizon...

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/train...tm_term=enabled

Big changes to Cisco certs coming.

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Woohoo!

One less thing to worry about. I wonder why TAC or are rep didnt tell us this was on the horizon...

TAC doesn’t know, rep wouldn’t know, things like this have your SE ask the product group for a roadmap. If you have an NDA they should be able to share it.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Yeah when I say rep I mean account rep. They have a team of people available who’s business it is to know things. Partners have resources too but they seem to sometimes not bother.

TAC is hit or miss if they go near the BU or just tell you they are going out of the office and waste your time.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

We need some UCCX report automation software. Anyone have any recommendations? We’ve been doing it manually for ages and we’re getting to big for that.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I have used Taske and it sucks.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

GreenNight posted:

We need some UCCX report automation software. Anyone have any recommendations? We’ve been doing it manually for ages and we’re getting to big for that.

Doesn’t CUIC have something for that? I dunno if that’s what it’s still called but it’s always worked fine.

We are currently using infortel’s ISI until our uccx implementation is done and it loving sucks

Otherwise some workforce management type softwares out there probably do what you need, but for a high price if all you want is reporting

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Standalone CUIC let’s you do custom reporting which can get pretty granular. Regular CUIC only lets you do stock reports.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The reporting is pretty poo poo and there is no automation. You know how it is. The one person who did all the reports is leaving so now we gotta automate it. My boss is at some Cisco conf in Vegas and mentioned Xima.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

There's Cisco Live but it is in Cali

CUIC lets you automate the mailing of reports.

If you're a CCX customer, you can install CUIC standalone and create new report definitions that you can import to the CUIC on-box. I don't know if you need premium seat licensing for that.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Partycat posted:

There's Cisco Live but it is in Cali

CUIC lets you automate the mailing of reports.

If you're a CCX customer, you can install CUIC standalone and create new report definitions that you can import to the CUIC on-box. I don't know if you need premium seat licensing for that.

You're right. Cali. We're a CCX Premium customer. Worth looking into.

Just want to slit my wrists whenever I see this:

The Real Time Reporting(RTR) client is a Java application. RTR file can be downloaded using the link "Download RTR" given below. Once the RTR file is downloaded, you can double-click on it to run on the client machine. You can access the RTR client with the Unified CCX Administrator or Supervisor credentials. You must close it after you have run the reports for the Unified CCX system. The RTR client requires Java 1.7.0_80 or later to run on the client machine.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Oh yeah - that thing more or less gives you an at-a-glance of your resources, contacts, CSQs but it is not really a "reporting" tool. It's good for you as an admin to see how things are working, but if you operate multiple teams/tenants on that machine it will not be very helpful.

Works on the latest Java 8 just fine.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah the person who manages the call center is leaving. She's the only one in the entire company with Java installed. I consider that a win as an IT admin.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

I don’t think the CRS editor needs it anymore. Depending on the complexity of your setup it’s either a cake walk or a pain in the rear end. Lots of neat poo poo you can do if you have the time to build that up (and support it)

Easy enough to get basic web chat, email, phone ACD in there and do some pre canned reports. You just have to be happy with it as it is and not make a huge mess out of it.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
gns3 is such a pain in the rear end to set up.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
It is. We've got a few servers at work running EVE-NG now because it was worth spending a few hundred bucks on licenses for that and a couple days building images for all the gear we regularly need to lab up instead of fighting with GNS3 or trying to get stuff set up in the back room all the time.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Kazinsal posted:

It is. We've got a few servers at work running EVE-NG now because it was worth spending a few hundred bucks on licenses for that and a couple days building images for all the gear we regularly need to lab up instead of fighting with GNS3 or trying to get stuff set up in the back room all the time.

I will have to look into this because EVE-NG sounds like it would work really well for us. Currently I'm using my old Boson NetSim to lab as much as I can, its not as bad as GSN3 but much more limited in its capabilities.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I started working full time from home back in April and have had phone issues ever since. Since no one else who works from home is having the same issues, the IT department has washed their hands of it saying it’s my ISP.

Basically, my Cisco phone disconnects approximately every two hours saying “Registration lost due to VPN failure”. It reconnects within a few seconds, but if I’m on a call it’s enough to drop me. It happens so fast I can’t detect a disconnect in my virtual desktop, if any.

My phone and computer both have separate wired connections to the router, so I’m thinking it may be a setting on my router? I have a Netgear AC2300 that I haven’t messed around with too much since getting. IT had me enable Alternate TFTP and put in TFTP server numbers, but that didn’t help.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
If you’re trying to VPN tunnel from NAT to NAT across your consumer grade router it probably isn’t going to work perfectly. Ask if they have any old ASA 5505s or something you can get to use as your home edge.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

If you’re trying to VPN tunnel from NAT to NAT across your consumer grade router it probably isn’t going to work perfectly. Ask if they have any old ASA 5505s or something you can get to use as your home edge.

Every other WFH employee I’ve talked to uses their personal router and they aren’t having this issue though.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

TheManWithNoName posted:

Every other WFH employee I’ve talked to uses their personal router and they aren’t having this issue though.

Is your DHCP lease expiring? Try statically assigning your phone the IP its dynamically been assigned.

I've had an issue before where a lovely consumer router just didn't renew a release until after it had completely expired. It was a dlink something from 10 years ago

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
Having a weird issue on a 6500.

Two vlans with PIM sparse enabled.

Source traffic from vlan A is sent to receivers on vlan A abd received. No traffic sent to receivers on vlan B.

Sources are active in the mroute table.
IGMP membership reports from vlan B are being received on the switch.

Multicast mac table for 224.0.1.1 shows up in the mac table for vlan A and B

Stumped at this point

Edit: nevermind just removing the vlan and adding it back fixed it.

Sepist fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 18, 2019

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Methanar posted:

Is your DHCP lease expiring? Try statically assigning your phone the IP its dynamically been assigned.

I've had an issue before where a lovely consumer router just didn't renew a release until after it had completely expired. It was a dlink something from 10 years ago

In my router settings there is something called Static Routes where I can add the IP info, or under LAN setup I can “reserve” the IP address for the phone. Am I on the right track? Which one is the way to go?

tortilla_chip
Jun 13, 2007

k-partite

Sepist posted:

Having a weird issue on a 6500.

elam is your friend here.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

TheManWithNoName posted:

In my router settings there is something called Static Routes where I can add the IP info, or under LAN setup I can “reserve” the IP address for the phone. Am I on the right track? Which one is the way to go?

The reserve option. Static routes isn't what you're after.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Docjowles posted:

The reserve option. Static routes isn't what you're after.

Ok so I reserved the IP it had on there, hopefully in 2 hours or so it stays connected. I don’t see that IP anywhere in the phone settings, just the IPv4 address, but the MAC is the same.

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

tortilla_chip posted:

elam is your friend here.

I think I’ve had to pull out ELAM once in my entire time working with 6500/7600, and it was to prove dscp bits were passing a core device that I couldn’t tap.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
Not on this sup unfortunately. It's just a swing device anyway, 6 hours of my day is the most I'm willing to invest

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

TheManWithNoName posted:

Ok so I reserved the IP it had on there, hopefully in 2 hours or so it stays connected. I don’t see that IP anywhere in the phone settings, just the IPv4 address, but the MAC is the same.

Well it just disconnected again. “Registration lost due to VPN failure” was the error, along with “LastTimeIPAddressChanged” “LastTimeVPNConnectivityLost” “ITL Installed”

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Can you get a softphone client rather than a handset?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

Can you get a softphone client rather than a handset?

That would be great, I can get this phone off my desk and never deal with disconnects again. I’m pretty sure IT can set that up via Jabber but the settings are locked down for me to try at the moment.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

TheManWithNoName posted:

That would be great, I can get this phone off my desk and never deal with disconnects again. I’m pretty sure IT can set that up via Jabber but the settings are locked down for me to try at the moment.

Yeah I've spent the last few weeks migrating users to using Jabber as a softphone. You need the server software to be v12+ and then setup a phone on CallManager that uses Jabber instead of a hard phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

TheManWithNoName posted:

I started working full time from home back in April and have had phone issues ever since. Since no one else who works from home is having the same issues, the IT department has washed their hands of it saying it’s my ISP.

Basically, my Cisco phone disconnects approximately every two hours saying “Registration lost due to VPN failure”. It reconnects within a few seconds, but if I’m on a call it’s enough to drop me. It happens so fast I can’t detect a disconnect in my virtual desktop, if any.

My phone and computer both have separate wired connections to the router, so I’m thinking it may be a setting on my router? I have a Netgear AC2300 that I haven’t messed around with too much since getting. IT had me enable Alternate TFTP and put in TFTP server numbers, but that didn’t help.

The phones can run an internal SSLVPN client to an ASA if they don’t use Expressway with the newer models. You have to set the session timers to not disconnect you every two hours on the ASA for the PhoneVPN endpoint or use different creds. That would be why this happens .