Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Loki will be visiting the 70s

https://twitter.com/NerdyPoC/status/1137806139180158976?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
That's kind of a lame logo.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The lowercase i makes me instinctively read Ki as an element but there is no Ki element! There's no L either, I honestly don't know why I parse it that way, but I can't not do it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Weird they're making a TV show about a notoriously rear end in a top hat indie wrestler, but hell I'm here for it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Bruceski posted:

The lowercase i makes me instinctively read Ki as an element but there is no Ki element! There's no L either, I honestly don't know why I parse it that way, but I can't not do it.

It's actually an anagram. Kilo. Disney is trying to force the metric system upon their viewers!

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Now I know I'm a Disney shill cause I'm ready to make the transition to metric.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Now I know I'm a Disney shill cause I'm ready to make the transition to metric.

I've wanted to go full metric for megaseconds.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bruceski posted:

I've wanted to go full metric for megaseconds.

16 hours ago?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Skwirl posted:

16 hours ago?

Hundreds of megaseconds, but not gigaseconds. And a megasecond is 277 hours, not sure where you got 16.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 10, 2019

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bruceski posted:

Hundreds of megaseconds, but not gigaseconds. And a megasecond is 277 hours, not sure where you got 16.

I just checked and now I don't know either.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Finished Doom Patrol. I don't have much faith for a s2 given all the questions about WB's new streaming service, and while they certainly left enough threads for another run, I thought this season had a nice arc and if this was all there was, well that's OK. Probably the most ambitious TV comic book show I've seen, they don't exactly nail the Morrison-feel of the comic but I'm not sure that's possible any way. Anyway, good show, very funny.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Finally, the show we've all been waiting for

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
"People bawked at the idea of a Batman show without Batman and we showed them, what's next?"
"Uuuuuhhh...a Batman show without Batman or villains?"

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Sgt. Politeness posted:

"People bawked at the idea of a Batman show without Batman and we showed them, what's next?"
"Uuuuuhhh...a Batman show without Batman or villains?"

“Bawked”?

Like... chickens?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I don't know, maybe?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I can't wait to see Alfred go after Hans Fries, Benedict Cobblepot, Regina Kyle, Boyd Lawton and William Nigma.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Alfred doing whatever secret British spy he did before butlering up would be nice but not an entire series of it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Yeah that's a fun idea for like, one issue of the Batman comic. Or a 4-part mini-series if you're a big fan of decompression.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can see the logic, Alfred was popular on Gotham kicking rear end and shooting people, but that's mostly because Sean Pewtree is awesome and gotham wasn't afraid of getting silly.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I can see the logic, Alfred was popular on Gotham kicking rear end and shooting people, but that's mostly because Sean Pewtree is awesome and gotham wasn't afraid of getting silly.

So let's make a completely different show with a completely different actor? (The Young Sheldon theory).

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

New Young Justice S3 eps drop July 2.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Not that anyone should give a poo poo after last season, but Jessica Jones season 3 is up on netflix.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
And Ed Brubaker's new show Too Old to Die Young should be up on Amazon Prime.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

So let's make a completely different show with a completely different actor? (The Young Sheldon theory).

It has some of the same people behind the scenes as Gotham.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
For some reason I'm gonna go ahead and watch Jessica Jones Season 3.

I can't believe they bothered to do yet another "Look, it's the comics costume lmao" bit with Trish. Felt like I got zapped back to the first X-Men movie. I know Cage did it, but his costume had a tiara, drat it.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Wait, so a comics accurate Hellcat costume was an option and they passed so she could wear yet another lovely make shift daredevil rag costume?
I retroactively regret ever getting invested in the Marvel Netflix mini universe.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Same. It fell so loving far that I feel like I wasted the 70 or whatever hours I invested into it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Imagine if they had been in the fun action comedy vein of the most successful movie franchise of all time instead of unbelievably slow, dour and depressing. But that's Geoph Lowb for you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think it's more Permutter's fault. If he knew how to play nice with Feige then things wouldn't have gone to poo poo.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Wait, so a comics accurate Hellcat costume was an option and they passed so she could wear yet another lovely make shift daredevil rag costume?
I retroactively regret ever getting invested in the Marvel Netflix mini universe.

Yeah, hard same.
Why the hell would Patsy not want something like that? That's been her dream since childhood. To be fair, that costume, kinda clashed with the blonde hair. should have just reused her wig.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I think it's more Permutter's fault. If he knew how to play nice with Feige then things wouldn't have gone to poo poo.

Lets agree it's both their faults and they should be sent to JAIL

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

zoux posted:

Imagine if they had been in the fun action comedy vein of the most successful movie franchise of all time

But...that's not what Jessica Jones is. I'm not even sure what a fun action comedy show about a rape survivor looks like.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

First season of Jessica Jones was great, season 2 should have been about her warming up to a more lighthearted supporting cast of people and by season 3 she could be the relatively happy mother she became in the comics. They could have gradually gotten to an MCUish tone and maintained her "cool but rude" attitude by just allowing her to grow through an arc.

God forbid.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

howe_sam posted:

But...that's not what Jessica Jones is. I'm not even sure what a fun action comedy show about a rape survivor looks like.

Jessica Jones probably has the most humor out of the four shows.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Sgt. Politeness posted:

They could have gradually gotten to an MCUish tone and maintained her "cool but rude" attitude by just allowing her to grow through an arc.

Leonardo: Luke Cage
Donatello: Daredevil
Raphael: Jessica Jones
Michelangelo: Iron Fist

?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

I guess. If you don't count whatever it is that Finn Jones calls fighting in season one.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

zoux posted:

It has humor, but I wouldn't call it a comedy.

There were, uh, structural problems to the Netflix shows (Jessica should've taken on more random cases to pad out her seasons for instance), but I think the idea of doing serious minded comic book shows wasn't a bad one, and I'm glad that they tried something different.

That said, man, Iron Fist, woof.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Daredevil S1 was really good and adding more joke's wouldn't have improved it.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Sgt. Politeness posted:

First season of Jessica Jones was great, season 2 should have been about her warming up to a more lighthearted supporting cast of people and by season 3 she could be the relatively happy mother she became in the comics. They could have gradually gotten to an MCUish tone and maintained her "cool but rude" attitude by just allowing her to grow through an arc.

God forbid.

That might have been nice. I will say on episode 4 I feel a lot better about this season than the last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Klungar posted:

Leonardo: Luke Cage
Donatello: Daredevil
Raphael: Jessica Jones
Michelangelo: Iron Fist

?

See I was thinking:
Daredevil = Leonardo the serious leader type
Jessica Jones = Raphael the loner with attitude
Luke Cage = Donatello not quite the nerd but the most civic minded and the least eager to fight
Ironfist = Michelangelo the goofball idiot