Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I want the dinosaur tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Wow what the gently caress Lego

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Well that sure is a tragedy, god drat

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI_P3UtZXAA

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Better instrument for it imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih_okABO3zY

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What the hell were they thinking? drat.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Chairchucker posted:

I want the dinosaur tho

The dino is actually pretty cool but I really don't think that's what a single person was looking for from a big JP set. It feels like they actually went out of their way to not include a single thing that people would have wanted.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Glad I stopped caring about dinosaurs when I was a kid and never liked Jurassic park. Sucks for those that are disappointed. At least you can buy that dumb looking ideas set when it comes out.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That really is something awful, I kinda like the T-rex but the head is completely off and I'm sure those legs don't have ankle or knee articulation so who cares. Also, lol at the "dioramas" build into the back of the gate that's :effort: as poo poo and with no Jeep to drive through it? Nah son.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
I want to see them leak release images of the treehouse ideas set already.

Edit: it looks like disco Benny with the star glasses will show up in a small set with disco unikitty and metalbeard.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Picked up the Apollo lander today. That’s a pretty cool build and I love the smooth shiny pieces. I wish it was bigger but still really nice. The extra gift rocket ride thing is pretty clever and cool

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Do you remember what the original video this was from is called? I've been looking for it for years but it's weirdly hard to find with any combination of keywords.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

stuxracer posted:

Picked up the Apollo lander today. That’s a pretty cool build and I love the smooth shiny pieces. I wish it was bigger but still really nice. The extra gift rocket ride thing is pretty clever and cool

Yeah, I'm kind of kicking myself for buying early, but I thought in waiting they might've sold out like what happened with the initial Apollo V sale.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

veni veni veni posted:

Do you remember what the original video this was from is called? I've been looking for it for years but it's weirdly hard to find with any combination of keywords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w-58hQ9dLk

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The brick built trex is pretty cool, but it looks like it will have zero articulation and be way out of minifig scale. Pretty much a sculpture. The gate doesn't interest me at all. Definitely sitting that one out.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Also, not sure if mentioning them is ~verboten~ in here, but I got curious after mentioning Mega Bloks a few pages back. Seems they've resurrected the Probuilder line, but the first four sets are kinda "meh."

https://www.megaconstrux.com/en-us/worlds/probuilder/playsets

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

I feel like they could sell so many sets of it was just the Wrangler and/or Explorer and some minifigs. Just like how Ecto-1 and the Delorean was. Could it be a licensing issue with Ford and Jeep and that’s why they stay away from them?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Got the group together for a photo. I am way beyond out of space on my display shelf for these, holy hell. Speed Champions "Classic" Cars:

Back row: official sets that I haven't messed with (much).
Third row: modified rebuilds of originals created by LEGO and Jon Elliott.
Second row: 2018 MOCs
Front row: 2019 MOCs

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Lego expansion for Forza Horizon 4 announced, featuring speed champions cars.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Oh, that’s not a joke in reply to the post above?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's a real thing. Not entirely sure what it entails, but it is out on Wednesday.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Picked up LEM and got free rocket ride and patch. Picked up War Machine Buster. Gonna mod it with knees and poo poo.

Got a PAB tub with hella fire. Also got these weird light blue round pointy flower 4x4s. Never seen it before.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cASCytz8o9g

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Scipiotik posted:

In the imortal words of Jay Sherman, it stinks! Jurassic park d2c is not the visitor center.

https://m.imgur.com/a/3Xo2z04

There are no goddamn words for the level of disappointment I feel here.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
you need the bits around both ends of it for the full effect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUyC51dl39s&hd=1&t=9083s

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I dig the T-Rex, but the building is just sad.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Finished my first set in possibly 20 years, Voltron! Hell yeah!

Except there's a 2x2 white studless plate left over from the Black Lion, and it's making me nervous. Way bigger than any of the other extra pieces. I went over it once without taking much apart, and I don't think I missed anything. Is there a "standard" number of extra pieces for each set?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Christmas posted:

Except there's a 2x2 white studless plate left over from the Black Lion, and it's making me nervous. Way bigger than any of the other extra pieces. I went over it once without taking much apart, and I don't think I missed anything. Is there a "standard" number of extra pieces for each set?

An extra 2x2 is pretty standard i think

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
I haven’t double checked it against the extra parts I received but BrickLink inventory for the set says you should have used three 2x2 tiles and there aren’t any on the extra parts list, though maybe they accidentally included an extra.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Your extras won't match up perfectly to what someone else has. Lego puts in small parts by weight, not number.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Generally a 2x2 would never be an extra part though.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

99% of extra parts are gonna be 1x1 stuff. The rest will be random easy to lose bits like visors and technic retainers.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Dr Christmas posted:

If I end up with an extra “important” piece on a bigger set, I usually walk back from the last step and look at each step’s part manifest. I usually find what I missed pretty quickly.

I don’t think I’ve ever had an extra 2x2 tile.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The only set I've just given up on doing that with was the UCS Falcon. the empty compartment with no interior is a graveyard of like 30 parts that I missed or fell off when I moved it and I couldn't figure out where they went.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Thanks for the help. I found where all 3 of those plates were supposed to go and found it missing from inside his chest. That’s a surprisingly big weight off my mind. Now I gotta figure out what I want to do with all the leftover stuff.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
On a related note, I’ve been putting the Porg set together over the last few days. Considering the number of 1x1 elements in it, I’ve found I’m ending up with zero spares a lot of the time, which is a little worrying. I’m fully expecting a whole 2x8 brick spare at some point later on.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
The weirdest spare piece i had was a 1x6 technic brick, weirder still was that it was not used anywhere in the set in the first place

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Official announcement! I wonder if they’ve got other JP sets planned. The lack of vehicles is very obvious.

https://twitter.com/lego_group/status/1138445877213900800

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I have a feeling that if they were planning to do more sets, they wouldn't have done this one. Why include a montage of famous scenes from the movie if you were going to make more sets for the movie? This feels like a Death Star toy I had as a kit where it was just a circle split into quarters and each quarter had a death star scene from the movie. it was kind of neat, but there wasn't much I could do with it aside from pretend it was those exact scenes. And this seems even worse. It doesn't look fun to play with, and I don't think I would want to display it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
It's soo expensive for what it is, but it includes a UCS style plaque and a ton of minifigs... Not sure how to feel about it.

Also how is it 3120 pieces?