Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

with tanjiro being barely able to kill some demons that aren't even part of the twelve moons there's no way things would've progressed against muzan, assuming he even stayed in that same city considering his desire for secrecy.

i suppose you can ask why the larger organization of the demon hunters don't act in this situation but it seems to fall under the same assumption you have to make that allows this centuries-long conflict exist in the first place: muzan is just crafty and powerful enough that circumstances remain in his favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also the JoJo comparison is funny considering we just saw muzan's curse and his preoccupation with having a fractured organization that can't act against or reveal him is also very in line with the boss from Part 5.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

dogsicle posted:

with tanjiro being barely able to kill some demons that aren't even part of the twelve moons there's no way things would've progressed against muzan, assuming he even stayed in that same city considering his desire for secrecy.

i suppose you can ask why the larger organization of the demon hunters don't act in this situation but it seems to fall under the same assumption you have to make that allows this centuries-long conflict exist in the first place: muzan is just crafty and powerful enough that circumstances remain in his favor.

That was true before the corps had a guy who could recognise and track him by smell, now they know what he looks like and roughly where he lives.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Darth Walrus posted:

Because two of his weakest recruits crippled and almost murdered them. Muzan is not someone with whom you gently caress.

Well they were not two of his weakest. From the sound of it they were prospective Demon Moons, who could have joined the Twelve if they accomplished the task he set for them.

Dzhay posted:

That was true before the corps had a guy who could recognise and track him by smell, now they know what he looks like and roughly where he lives.

In Tokyo one of the largest Cities in the world and Tanjiro only got his scent by chance when he was close by. Then lost him right away when he created a new Demon to distract. Plus Susamaru probably would have killed Tanjiro if Tamayo had not outsmarted her, taking on Stronger Demons would likely be a bad idea.

Plus if Muzan got more people coming after him, he could just leave.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jun 9, 2019

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there's no guarantee that muzan stuck around and tanjirou is hurt. he could have told the crow that delivers messages to him about it but don't think about these things too hard

more importantly, it's looking like 1-2 more episodes before the best character is finally introduced

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Pretty sure Kanroji isn't here for a long time??

Eej fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jun 9, 2019

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Muzan is super fast, can turn people to berserk cannibal killers with one fingernail scratch, and is in the middle of a dense human population. He's basically a gun put to the head of everyone in Tokyo. Genuinely not sure what the right move would be even if you DO find him again.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'm inordinately upset that they never mentioned the fate of the human woman and her demonized husband

did they get killed on the attack on the house? are they going to continue to restrain the husband and attempt to treat him? who knows

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i'm inordinately upset that they never mentioned the fate of the human woman and her demonized husband

did they get killed on the attack on the house? are they going to continue to restrain the husband and attempt to treat him? who knows

nezuko brought the woman to safety and the demon was chilling in the basement. the show assumes you know they're alive. they come up again eventually as well, so you'll get your closure

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Here’s another Taisho secret: This anime fuckin rules and continues to surprise every week

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

These threads only ever talk about how Tanjirou is a good boy and I feel like that's not giving Nezuko a fair shake.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Kimetsu no Yaiba Anime: Nezuko is a Good Girl

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

:yeah:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Kimetsu no Yaiba: They're All Good Kids, Muzan

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

My only issue with this series is Nezuko being brainwashed/hypnotised into seeing friends and allies as the deceased members of her family.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lube Enthusiast posted:

My only issue with this series is Nezuko being brainwashed/hypnotised into seeing friends and allies as the deceased members of her family.

That's a deeply strange beat and I don't know why it's even there, really.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Yeah, that's uhh...really creepy. I'm glad Tanjiro pointed out that he wasn't all that comfortable with it either but then backtracks from that and we're apparently meant to see it as something good and her reactions as adorable when she's literaly brainwashed and by someone that's meant to be good at that.

It's creepy and bad writing in a series that has otherwise been really good and I hope the writer does get awareness of that being bad eventually and removes it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the hypnotism thing means that nezuko being a good girl who helps people isn't even her choice. it's real lovely.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

TBF I don't think the hypnosis ever comes up again after this arc And even before that she had it in her to resist a fresh kill to save her brother which no other demon can say.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ThingOne posted:

TBF I don't think the hypnosis ever comes up again after this arc And even before that she had it in her to resist a fresh kill to save her brother which no other demon can say.

The fact that she could resist the urge even before the hypnosis is part of the reason having it in the story at all is such a bizarre choice. The author didn't really need to give another explanation why Nezuko doesn't eat people - at least not this early.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

The fact that she could resist the urge even before the hypnosis is part of the reason having it in the story at all is such a bizarre choice. The author didn't really need to give another explanation why Nezuko doesn't eat people - at least not this early.

Honestly, it's another one of those cases in shonen manga where the author decides that an early plot point doesn't really fit with where they want to take the story but due to the nature of weekly publishing they can't get rid of it completely either.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well the thing Tanjiro was saying at the end is that he is glad that Nezuko still seems to have her own will, because the hypnosis was to see humans as her family, and Tamayo and Yushiro are not humans, but Nezuko was seeing them that way anyway, meaning she can interpret and impose her own will on how she sees things.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I mean theres always the possibility that things backfire and she sees an incredibly poo poo person and imposes that he's a demon

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Zenitsu is terrible but I'm guessing boar head is the best character people kept hinting about so hopefully he'll make up for him.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

So um, will this show be like Hunter x Hunter where two of the four characters in the OP disappear for the entire series after the first arc until the end? Because that's my hope with Zenitsu. It's like the author thought: "Hey, I saw One Piece! Usopp is hilarious! I'm going to do that x100000000000000000000000000 without any of the charm and instead of sporadic bursts it'll be constant! Instead of self-important boasting it'll be high-pitched whining! It'll be amazing."

Been a smooth ride until now and it took a lot of willpower to get through this episode. If this is what's in store then I think this show isn't for me. Is it one of these situations?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ikGvLUbOuU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The tradition of the "Battle manga sidekick character who kind of sucks" is a long and storied one, but in the good stories, the author usually is smart enough to off-set how much they suck by either making them charismatic in some way, or giving them a heart of gold where you want to see them overcome, or some unique skill set that allows them to contribute in spite of their relative low value

This guy just seems like a panicky incel. He makes early episodes Sailor Moon look like Kenshiro in terms of courage and level headedness. He's got Jar Jar levels of anti-charisma so far.

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jun 16, 2019

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I mean I think tanjiro was going to ask him about why he’s a coward when he’s competent but then the kids cut him off

if he is just a coward though I’m fine with that because tanjiro trying to hold back his disgust was p funny to me after 9 eps of being saintly

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sindai posted:

Zenitsu is terrible but I'm guessing boar head is the best character people kept hinting about so hopefully he'll make up for him.

zenitsu's the annoying one. he does have moments tho

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Zenitsu gets better. He's also a good boy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's the worst boy of the three, but he's still a good boy.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Please do not impugn the name of my good friend Zenitsu

https://twitter.com/Classic_W_/status/1138385325766524928

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Zenitsu was also the 29th most popular character..... In The Promised Neverland.

I think he's the 2nd most popular character in Yaiba currently. Also this episode is pretty much him at his worst, he never gets this bad again.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Zenitsu is a small price to pay for Sparrow, imo.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Man, I forgot how much Zenitsu sucked at first.

Don't worry all, he does get better. He is a very good boy.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Goddamn I had my doubts, but Hiro Shimono was the perfect casting for Zenitsu.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I mean, he seems like a bit of a dick, but on the other hand he is being forced into fighting magical cannibals who could quite literally tear him in half.

Whoever said "you owe me money, go do something that will probably get you killed" is the real rear end in a top hat here.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Zenitsu is a good boy
he knows what he signed up for.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Gotta say that there's an awful lot of "Yeah this sucks a bit but don't worry, it gets loads better later" in this thread.

I have to say that the show hasn't really invested me too much because so far theres a lot thats almost good but not actually getting there.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i just think its good, no apologies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

His manga arc is pretty good :sigh: