Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Shooters with a controller are just bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

Shooters with a controller are just bad.

Sone fight you more than others but ya

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The Russians used a pencil.

Wait

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
Microsoft Flight Sim has me actually excited.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
They resuming the franchise?

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Microsoft is doing some kind of crazy prorating of existing Game Pass/XBL Gold memberships when you do the $1 signup.

microsoft posted:

Joining Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will upgrade your remaining Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership(s) into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for the same amount of time, up to 36 months total. All conversions are final; conversion ratio subject to change.

I bought a one year XBL Gold subscription for $40 last month to go along with my existing Game Pass subscription.

I just did the $1 signup for Game Pass Ultimate and it says my next bill date for Game Pass Ultimate is January 2021, so it looks like I got 6 months credit for my Game Pass and 12 months for my XBL Gold??

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

FunOne posted:

Microsoft Flight Sim has me actually excited.

Depends on what it is. is it like the last one where it was just Hawaii? They showed off a bunch of different environments, but with the level of detail it makes me think it can't be the whole world. If you can't jump in and fly for six hours, flight sim nerds will pass. if there's no VR, other sim nerds will pass.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
They take your existing subs and add them together with the ultimate conversion. So if you have 6 of pass and 12 gold you'll have 18 ultimate.

So, load up on gold first then convert. It'll max out at 36 months I think.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Been thinking about getting an elite controller for awhile now, but that series 2 controller looks slick. Definitely gonna hold out until that releases.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Cojawfee posted:

Depends on what it is. is it like the last one where it was just Hawaii? They showed off a bunch of different environments, but with the level of detail it makes me think it can't be the whole world. If you can't jump in and fly for six hours, flight sim nerds will pass. if there's no VR, other sim nerds will pass.

If it's anything like the last proper title (and drat, it's been a while), you get the world in below-Google-Earth quality and several showcase areas rendered in high detail. The trailer claimed the game's using the power of Azure (to generate environments from satellite data perhaps?) so there might be more of those.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Show was not good for me.
No capcom
Very little gameplay in any of the major trailers.
Flight sim and pso2 were cool though

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
So, if anybody's interested looks like Amazon's got 3 month codes for Ultimate Game Pass for 20 bucks right now.

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Game-Pass-Membership-Digital/dp/B07SPHHXGL?th=1

Doesn't work if you've upgraded your Game Pass/Live already but will stack on to whatever conversion you do like the $1 deal.

Zaa Boogie fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jun 9, 2019

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Real hurthling! posted:

No capcom

I was really hoping for Fable 4, and possibly some Nintendo partnership announcement which was maybe fake (maybe we'll see at Nintendo's direct). Excited to play Gears 5 day 1 though!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Zaa Boogie posted:

So, if anybody's interested looks like Amazon's got 3 month codes for Ultimate Game Pass for 20 bucks right now.

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Game-Pass-Membership-Digital/dp/B07SPHHXGL?th=1

Doesn't work if you've upgraded your Game Pass/Live already but will stack on to whatever conversion you do like the $1 deal.

Why wouldn't that work if you already upgraded? Shouldn't the game pass ultimate code just stack on to what we have?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Cojawfee posted:

Why wouldn't that work if you already upgraded? Shouldn't the game pass ultimate code just stack on to what we have?

When I tried to redeem my code it talked about converting time again and errored out with a 'new customers' message. Might be an error with it going line or something else. I'll try again tomorrow and probably message MS about it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They probably don't have it set up right, or maybe those aren't really ultimate codes.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
That's cool that Hollow Knight is coming to Game Pass, now I can finally see what all the hubbub is about.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Where's the cheapest place to buy a 12 month gold membership in the UK?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Neat, converted my Gold to the new Ultimate thingie.

Got a Steam-level backlog at this point. What a problem to have.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

BisterdDave posted:

That's cool that Hollow Knight is coming to Game Pass, now I can finally see what all the hubbub is about.

It's already on game pass my dude

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BisterdDave posted:

I was really hoping for Fable 4, and possibly some Nintendo partnership announcement which was maybe fake (maybe we'll see at Nintendo's direct). Excited to play Gears 5 day 1 though!

September release with no gameplay has me more scared than that whack cinematic trailer

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Cojawfee posted:

It's already on game pass my dude

How long has it already been on Game Pass? They just said during their conference a couple hours ago that it's coming today.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Real hurthling! posted:

September release with no gameplay has me more scared than that whack cinematic trailer

If it's anything like Gears 4 then I'll be happy.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Wait a console that’s actually focused on gaming and not espn and cable boxes? More than 32mb of ram?

Did they accidentally read from Sonys e3 notes?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BisterdDave posted:

How long has it already been on Game Pass? They just said during their conference a couple hours ago that it's coming today.

Since today.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Real hurthling! posted:

No capcom

Same here. I just wanted to see Gears 5 multiplayer but they're saving that for later which sucks. Was excited for Forza Horizon 4 DLC but that Lego thing looks really lame, especially in comparison to the Hot Wheels DLC for Horizon 3 that was really cool. Other than that there wasn't much to get excited about but the acquisition of Double Fine was a genuine surprise and it's going to be years before we see a lot of these acquisitions pay off but after seeing Sony's studios shut down and shrink over the course of this generation it's nice to see Microsoft expand so much and acquire so many varied developers. They really screwed up by not acquiring Respawn at the start of the gen when they funded Titanfall development, though.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
People were hyping it up way too much so expectations were through the roof. Surprised they didn't go more into xCloud/Scarlett. A few rumored games were notably absent and that sucked (Banjo/PD/Fable) and nothing at all about teaming up with Nintendo to :fuckoff: Sony.

Most impressive part for me was probably how many new titles will be available at launch with Gamepass, and the PC version looks to be fairly impressive as well.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The show was basically gamepass gamepass gamepass which, gamepass is awesome, but people want a little other meat you know.

Are they doing Xcloud this weekend?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

The show was basically gamepass gamepass gamepass which, gamepass is awesome, but people want a little other meat you know.

Are they doing Xcloud this weekend?

October is open beta

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My PC is absolute naff so all Im curious about is its cost and if itll launch in Japan

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Of course 2 days after I buy the Handsome Collection it shows up on Game Pass. Ah well. Good deal on Ultimate, even better deal that it's $15.95 AU - I was expecting the Australia Tax to push it into the mid-20s.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!
I wonder how long the conversion option will stick around? I bought several years during an ebay sale last year, and I'm paid up on both Gold and Gamepass until June of 2021, which would convert to 48 months of Ultimate if they didn't cap the conversion at 36. I'd wait a half a year and then do it, but it says "conversion ratio subject to change" which worries me a bit. I may just convert anyway, it's a very generous conversion rate.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Watching the E3 presentation. I thought we were past the point where showing nothing but pre-rendered cut scenes was acceptable? I was basically looking for any excuse to get excited about owning a console again and saw nothing. Every game is a sequel or a new IP that looks eerily similar to an existing IP. Creativity is dead.

I have a bit of hope for Cyberpunk, but even the trailer for that was bad.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Watching the E3 presentation. I thought we were past the point where showing nothing but pre-rendered cut scenes was acceptable? I was basically looking for any excuse to get excited about owning a console again and saw nothing. Every game is a sequel or a new IP that looks eerily similar to an existing IP. Creativity is dead.

I have a bit of hope for Cyberpunk, but even the trailer for that was bad.

Agreed on trailers

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
The problem is game play stuff is usually underwhelming, and filled with cringe-inducing banter from the players, so that doesn't work very well either. And if it's a game you aren't interested in, its a 15 minute coffee break that kills any momentum. It's really not a good forum to show anything other than quick snippets/trailers.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Almost all of these games are 2020. There's not much gameplay to show.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The few decent trailers at sonys abortion of a show last year were all extended gameplay that was hype for games that arent out til 2020

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

Is my PC an xbox yet?

I have like at least 6 automatically installed apps from Microsoft that all have Xbox in the name installed on Windows 10. Surely it is now an xbox?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Sure dude, whatever you want man. Yeah okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

owls or something posted:

Is my PC an xbox yet?

I have like at least 6 automatically installed apps from Microsoft that all have Xbox in the name installed on Windows 10. Surely it is now an xbox?

I guess so, as long as you’re not playing Crimson Dragon or Rare Replay.