Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

So Sony actually isn’t doing anything for E3? I knew they were skipping doing a conference but I thought they’d at least have a Nintendo Direct like presentation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

SeANMcBAY posted:

So Sony actually isn’t doing anything for E3? I knew they were skipping doing a conference but I thought they’d at least have a Nintendo Direct like presentation.

the Death Stranding trailer the other week was their E3

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Fried Watermelon posted:

Good I hope they like playing games as much as I do

drat, this is testing really well too. Keep this up and you might get some digits :bigtran:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah, they were apparently serious about not wanting to do the dog and pony show of E3 if they didn't have anything they wanted to show.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

CharlestonJew posted:

the Death Stranding trailer the other week was their E3

This reminds me that we'll be getting at least one Death stranding e3 trailer after release for the pc version, exciting.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Sony was smart to drop Death Stranding last week because the buzz was mostly positive while all the buzz around E3 presentations is going to be mostly hot takes and meh reactions

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Fromsoft showed their hand at the MS conference this year so Sony's got nothin'.

I'm only half joking!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

leaks for info w/ highlighting of confirmed bits

"new from Arkane" YES.

lol though if THAT'S Konami's announcement.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The 7th Guest posted:

$10/month is still not unreasonable for game pass, by the time they've added to it over the coming months, but it's a bit expensive right now compared to EA Access which I think is $5/month and also has indie games

the best plan would be to pay for one month and cancel whenever you want to play a few games on there

Game Pass has Hatoful Boyrfriend

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, they were apparently serious about not wanting to do the dog and pony show of E3 if they didn't have anything they wanted to show.
EA should learn from them

They didn't have enough to justify that event at all

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

"new from Arkane" YES.

lol though if THAT'S Konami's announcement.

It wouldn't surprise me, Contra has gotten new life thanks to China devouring some Contra mobile game.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

fadam posted:

drat, this is testing really well too. Keep this up and you might get some digits :bigtran:

?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Sony: We're pulling out of E3 this year because it's a very costly endeavor and we don't want to spend the time and money unless we have something important to show you.

Microsoft: We bought a rock concert's worth of pyro, paid a guy to make us a car made out of Lego, and constructed a Gears of War stage beneath the actual stage which we use to imprison WWE wrestlers in.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sony are cowards.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Policenaut posted:

Sony: We're pulling out of E3 this year because it's a very costly endeavor and we don't want to spend the time and money unless we have something important to show you.

Microsoft: We bought a rock concert's worth of pyro, paid a guy to make us a car made out of Lego, and constructed a Gears of War stage beneath the actual stage which we use to imprison WWE wrestlers in.

And they announced that they're going to announce a console soon.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Policenaut posted:

Don't forget 20 seconds of Keanu Reeves

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

hosed up that they didn't have Keanu Reeves drive the lego car

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?
Sony: some dork with a flute

Microsoft: Keanu Reeves saying "check this poo poo out"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Keanu Reeves posing while saying CD PROJEKT RED. CYBER PUNK. 2077. in his Matrix Acting Voice is the new E3 highlight for me

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Sorry, I was wrong

The pass will be 9.99 a month, but during the beta right now, it's 4.99. Do we know how long the beta will last?

Apparently you have to update the store to get beta price. And it might be region specific.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 9, 2019

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I was already paying for Gold and Game Pass, so this deal to combine it and get PC Game Pass for the same price is awesome.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Don't forget 20 seconds of Keanu Reeves

Saying this was the best part of the ms conference isn't hyperbole. The man is amazing and somehow doesn't seem to know it, or at least doesn't flaunt it. He looked shy up there at all the love he was getting.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Going to go get 4 more jobs so I can afford all the games coming out in November.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Givin posted:

Going to go get 4 more jobs so I can afford all the games coming out in November.

you know you don't have to buy games the moment they come out right

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

bushisms.txt posted:

Saying this was the best part of the ms conference isn't hyperbole. The man is amazing and somehow doesn't seem to know it, or at least doesn't flaunt it. He looked shy up there at all the love he was getting.

That must have been the easiest crowd he's ever had to play to. Just says CYBER PUNNNNNK and they go wild. It was great.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

SeANMcBAY posted:

I don't think Sony has anything to show other than Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding. Their other developers are likely very busy trying to put together PS5 launch games and this isn't helped by how many studios Sony has shut down or lost since the glory days of PS3 where they had a crazy amount of exclusives. Right now they just don't have many teams and with Microsoft showing a bunch of third party stuff there likely wasn't really anything left for Sony to put a show together with. It's weird to see Microsoft expanding their first party studios at such a rapid pace while Sony has continually shrunk year after year. They're going to need to start investing in new teams and expanding again because while what they show is good, it's very rare that we see something new and past E3s (and PSX shows) have essentially been "Hey, here's more footage of the same games you've been seeing for years now". If they could also get some teams to make some multiplayer games to justify PS+ that would also be great because they've gone way too hard on singleplayer-only games in my opinion, although Bloodborne is probably gonna be my game of the generation when all's said and done.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The MS Store is refusing to let me install Void Bastards with my Game Pass and is claiming I need a build of Windows 10 that is not even an official release to run it

What the gently caress MS

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain

ZeeBoi posted:

you know you don't have to buy games the moment they come out right

:thunk:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i feel bad for gamers. at this point i only buy fromsoft and cheap indie titles.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Policenaut posted:

That must have been the easiest crowd he's ever had to play to. Just says CYBER PUNNNNNK and they go wild. It was great.

I liked when one random guy in the crowd shouted "You're incredible!" and he just smiled and pointed at the guy while responding with "You're incredible!" :unsmith:

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So when will we see PS5 news? TGS? Before 2020?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/devtesla/status/1137843928261169152

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fat_Cow posted:

So when will we see PS5 news? TGS? Before 2020?

Probably TGS or one of Sony's exclusive things.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The first Elite was like $129 or 149 at launch so I'm not surprised

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Probably TGS or one of Sony's exclusive things.

Yeah, Microsoft is the only one of the three to do big console unveilings at E3. Nintendo and Sony both hold special events that get streamed.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jesus how much of a CoD streamer do you need to be to buy one of those things.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Thought it was gonna be $200, I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

180 bucks for a controller lmao.