Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/larryramzey/status/1136087001067859969?s=21

It’s like asking for a sequel to Chernobyl: Chernobyl 2: Dyatlov’s Revenge.

The world must know of the exploits of C-Consciousness!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Idiots on Social Media: Enjoy feeling superior about hat hiding, I guess

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pyroclastic posted:

Christ, one of those grognards has a signature with three embedded Youtube videos, and they all appear as full-size embeds, not just links. What sort of idiot admin lets that happen in their forum?

I think Deadfire's forum is on different software now or something because it wasn't that hosed when the thread was originally posted. Thank gently caress the forum lets you ignore signatures at least.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

what was the name of the godawful hellpit fallout forums that flourished between fallout 2 and fallout 3?

EDIT: NMA, bingo, thanks gang

LordSaturn has a new favorite as of 07:59 on Jun 10, 2019

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

No Mutants Allowed?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

LordSaturn posted:

what was the name of the godawful hellpit fallout forums that flourished between fallout 2 and fallout 3?

No Mutants Allowed maybe, I didn't look at their forums much, but they had mods for the first 2 games and I remember other people saying "look at their mods, but for god's sake don't look at the forums."

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
No Mutants Allowed was actually a great example of how quickly a fandom can fracture, because they weren't even 'Fallout 1 and 2' purists necessarily. Most of them were Fallout 1 purists that either didn't hate Fallout 2 that much, or accepted it retroactively after seeing what happened afterwards.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
edit: hang on

Zesty has a new favorite as of 08:39 on Jun 10, 2019

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm 100% for gay rights but this is a loving war crime.

https://twitter.com/UberEats/status/1137794454646140929?s=19

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

what the gently caress are those blue... leaves?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/larryramzey/status/1136087001067859969?s=21

It’s like asking for a sequel to Chernobyl: Chernobyl 2: Dyatlov’s Revenge.

I'm saying this in defense of the guy, but the producers would absolutely do a second season of both series, especially Chernobyl, if they thought they could get away with it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Good Omens is doing well enough that the main thing that would stop a second season is not having Nail Gaiman or Terry Pratchett's widow on board for it. (I haven't watched it yet, but I assume it ends around the same time as the book).

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Good Omens is doing well enough that the main thing that would stop a second season is not having Nail Gaiman or Terry Pratchett's widow on board for it. (I haven't watched it yet, but I assume it ends around the same time as the book).

I seem to remember reading that Gaiman only had some notes he and Pratchett sketched out for a sequel and he pulled in some of that to the show.

All the big plot points are hit and it does end where the book does (for the most part - there's a bit extra in the denouement).

My only real complaint is the absence of the Hell's Angles who became hangers on to the Four Horsemen, but ultimately it changed nothing except some really funny side bits from the book.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Hihohe posted:

Why dont we have an emote for it yet like :preacher:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

:randvince:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Pride and Prejudice and Some More Pride and Some More Prejudice

It's called Death Comes to Pemberley and it's terrible.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo it's beautiful

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Needs a bit of a pause at the end but still :drat:

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

:perfect:

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

https://twitter.com/ladylottebot/status/1138051440067452928?s=21

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I'm not terfy, I'm just a radical feminist that excludes trans people!

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.
There are over 300 million people in the US and about 1.5 million are trans. How are transpeople possibly eliminating all those statistics and removing all those legal rights from ciswomen?

Even if you included all transwomen and all transmen in a ciswomen statistic, wouldn't they just be within the margin of error anyway?

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.
It requires that you pre-suppose a trans-woman is actually a man.
Thus, if you legalise anti-transcrimination laws, for instance, you are mandating that men be allowed in previously secure spaces (eg, you have to let men into your women's shelter, depriving her of that protection from men).
Even if there only exists one trans-woman who fits the bill, this argument is valid

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not a terf but <word for word terf rhetoric>!

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

jjack229 posted:

There are over 300 million people in the US and about 1.5 million are trans. How are transpeople possibly eliminating all those statistics and removing all those legal rights from ciswomen?

Even if you included all transwomen and all transmen in a ciswomen statistic, wouldn't they just be within the margin of error anyway?

Holy smokes that's a lot of trans

We got like none here, can't you send some over

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"I just want to protect women from men who would transition in order to sexually assault them! Is that so wrong??"

*Kicks down door to the women's bathroom with a gun demanding to see everyone's genitals, to protect them you see*

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/1137887162056216577

quote:

“The techno-fascists, including Wikipedia, have decided that no speech that questions any official narrative will be allowed on any platform,” Adams wrote on his website Sunday. “Anyone who questions the safety of toxic vaccines, 5G cell towers, geoengineering, chemotherapy or glyphosate weed killer chemicals is now maliciously attacked, smeared and de-platformed.”

“The tech giants are the modern fascists. They are more dangerous than Adolf Hitler in terms of their long term threat to humanity. How many humans will be subjected to genocide? How many humans will be murdered by abortion policies?” Adams asked. “How many children will be killed by vaccines? How many people will be harmed by 5G cell networks or geoengineering of the atmosphere?”

"Geoengineering of the atmosphere" means chemtrails, and we already have a solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsdeAF_Prfo

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Skwirl posted:

I'm 100% for gay rights but this is a loving war crime.

https://twitter.com/UberEats/status/1137794454646140929?s=19

Fister Roboto posted:

what the gently caress are those blue... leaves?

Black/Purple Basil, looks like.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's the corn. The damned corn.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/1137887162056216577

"Geoengineering of the atmosphere" means chemtrails, and we already have a solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsdeAF_Prfo

Credit where credit is due they're right that 5G might kill people, but not for the reason that they think.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

And we are altering weather, except it isn't the government or illuminati, it's insurance companies trying to prevent huge payouts due to hail damage.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

zoux posted:

It's the corn. The damned corn.

Sweet corn is a pretty normal pizza topping in the UK. My wife was appalled when she found out.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Sweet corn is a pretty normal pizza topping in the UK. My wife was appalled when she found out.

Y'all deserve everything terrible that's happening with Brexit.

Unrelated
https://twitter.com/55Counties/status/1137902808668168193?s=19

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

This is the same lovely aunt who accused me of faking my personality to impress my inlaws and thinks Assange is a poor victim. Cool that she supports harassment against gay people by the alt-right now too. I'm glad I'm not welcome in my family anymore.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Picnic Princess posted:

This is the same lovely aunt who accused me of faking my personality to impress my inlaws and thinks Assange is a poor victim. Cool that she supports harassment against gay people by the alt-right now too. I'm glad I'm not welcome in my family anymore.

I was really happy when I realized that I have zero obligation to associate with anyone, family included, who's a lovely person. Delete assholes off Facebook and stop talking to people in other states that you never see.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/1138091466528628738

Simon was an absolute standout on Twitter and wrote excellent articles critiquing (hilariously) right wing media. Pretty much every cool person I follow on twitter is shocked and saddened. I've followed his work for a long time, I had no idea he was even sick. I know this is unusual for the thread but if there was ever a guy who was a first-ballot HoF IOSM-owner on twitter, it's him.

https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/524762897076207616

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

chitoryu12 posted:

I was really happy when I realized that I have zero obligation to associate with anyone, family included, who's a lovely person. Delete assholes off Facebook and stop talking to people in other states that you never see.

I've been much happier since I stopped fulfilling the obligation of visiting on holidays because fAmiLY and no longer reading the messages they send me about how awful I am because I stopped being a pushover who just let them do and say what they wanted for fear of rocking the boat. gently caress it all.

I ought to write the whole family history up and dump it in E/N because it's ridiculous and terrible.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I need to frame this for the next time I get down on myself for feeling like I haven’t accomplished enough in my life.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

I've been much happier since I stopped fulfilling the obligation of visiting on holidays because fAmiLY and no longer reading the messages they send me about how awful I am because I stopped being a pushover who just let them do and say what they wanted for fear of rocking the boat. gently caress it all.

:yossame:

My wife is currently going through this now. It's been difficult to just keep my mouth shut and let her figure it out on her own instead of telling her to :sever: constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

where we go one we go all is such an incredibly try-hard cringeworthy "motto".