Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I've had multiple crashes but always at the beginning of a battle, and opening the game again always places me right back in the same spot. Still really annoying but at least it's not run-wiping like the crashes in Enter the Gungeon.

I have not played Docked at all though.

Why do Switch roguelikes keep crashing

Yeah it's pretty crash happy but I haven't lost any progress to it since reloading just puts me right at the start of the fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Nintendo has threatened to sue me and send me to prison, but I feel it's worth sacrificing my freedom so my fellow gamers can learn a day early that Mother 3 will be announced in the Nintendo Direct.

They'll also talk about a game from one of their big franchises, but I don't want to share too much info! But when they talk about that game, please know that I was right and therefore an important person who knows about loving video games.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I've been averaging a crash in Slay to Spire about once every two runs, which adds up quite a bit. Must be something complicated going on behind the scenes considering how long it took to even be released.

Otherwise, cleared all three characters' first runs but the Ascension runs are kicking my rear end. Maybe I should stop sacrificing HP for relics every chance I get (but I don't loving want to).

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Mega64 posted:

Nintendo has threatened to sue me and send me to prison, but I feel it's worth sacrificing my freedom so my fellow gamers can learn a day early that Mother 3 will be announced in the Nintendo Direct.

They'll also talk about a game from one of their big franchises, but I don't want to share too much info! But when they talk about that game, please know that I was right and therefore an important person who knows about loving video games.

Enjoy the Nintendo Gulag, where you will forced to port NES games to Switch Online until you beg for forgiveness. No one lasts a week there.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
nintendo is going to kill one member of my family for each revelation I deign to pass on to you, the common folk

that is the weight of the information I carry

they're gonna reveal a new smash bros character

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Hey guys hot news the next Smash Bros DLC character is Bubsyhurayu gh9rat yt9r yora jnäp ljznbhlfioiok grljdbiod

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
what if miyamoto actually WAS backstage for the microsoft stuff, but only because the next smash character is keanu reeves

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the new smash bros character is dragon the dragon. he controls like ridley

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Lunatic Sledge posted:

what if miyamoto actually WAS backstage for the microsoft stuff, but only because the next smash character is keanu reeves

Supposedly Miyamoto attending in and of itself isn’t a big deal, he apparently goes to all the major E3 conferences.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Macaluso posted:

Nintendo looks to be bringing down the hammer on anyone claiming to have leaks about the Direct. Specifically this Sabi person in this case:

https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1137914596289679365
https://twitter.com/8bit_Spazzy/status/1137915089049280513

Leakers like this are basically a physical manifestation of the 'You made this? ...I made this' comic, so this is pretty funny

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Cojawfee posted:

Lame streamers just desperate to make people think they are part of it and in the know.

Hey man,

The horror games thread had people convinced RE2 remake didn't have the A/B system because a let's player said so.

Guys that play games for the internet know exactly what's up

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Anime_Otaku posted:

Supposedly Miyamoto attending in and of itself isn’t a big deal, he apparently goes to all the major E3 conferences.

When you get high up enough in a company you almost pay more attention to what competition does than your own company, it's part of the job

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mega64 posted:

I've been averaging a crash in Slay to Spire about once every two runs, which adds up quite a bit. Must be something complicated going on behind the scenes considering how long it took to even be released.

Otherwise, cleared all three characters' first runs but the Ascension runs are kicking my rear end. Maybe I should stop sacrificing HP for relics every chance I get (but I don't loving want to).

I'm having trouble beating the first run for The Silent. I don't like that character, it doesn't click in the same way the others do. I tried a couple of different builds - a poison based one, one that was heavily based around attacks and discarding skills. My most success so far was dying at the Act 3 boss with one that built up pen nib stacks and hopefully got a double damage card, then next turn could blow through like 9 stored up energy to do 360 damage or something ridiculous. That was fun but was a slog outside of bosses.

I think the blocking throws me off. With Warrior you kinda just power through and heal later (My first win was a build with a bunch of lifesteal to be fair), and with the robot dude I can't recall what I did for healing other than my lightning death build killing everything quickly

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

bushisms.txt posted:

Too bad about catalyst. I've only heard bad things.

Yeah, Catalyst suffers from them making a sort of open world where a lot of the main story missions take place on separate maps that you can only reach during that mission and the side missions mostly have you running back and forth across the same paths over and over again.
It's further weighed down by things like
  • making combat mandatory for certain missions, but no option to disarm and use the weapons of your opponents
  • a skill tree that requires XP to unlock simple things like rolling on landing (with some things locked behind main story progress, as I recall)
  • XP granting collectibles all over the map that make you stop running and kill the flow (the cool hidden briefcases from the first game return, but most collectibles are in weird junction boxes out in the open)
  • depending on your individual configuration, the PC version might suffer from stutters every 5-10 seconds in the outdoors area
  • NPCs all over the roofs, some of which give you timed delivery missions where a single missed jump often leads to a failed mission 2 meters from the target NPC
  • Excessive and poor writing, especially annoying when the timed delivery missions play the same voice clip every time you have to retry them

Avoid completely, imo. :smith:

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I’m struggling with staying healthy in StS as well, Silent doesn’t seem to have any good sources of blocking or healing, Defect almost clicked when I realised that the ice orbs were a source of steady, but low defence. I’ve still not had a win yet though.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

If you wanna learn about StS theres a Twitch streamer named Jorbs who has like...1200 wins and streams the game basically every day. The thing that is really un-intuitive about the game but makes you way better and more consistent is to be constantly removing basic attack cards so you can cycle through your whole deck very easily so you constantly see the high-value cards

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I have information that will lead to the arrest of Doug Bowser

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

s.i.r.e. posted:

What legal grounds would Nintendo even have to sue someone leaking information that they haven't signed an NDA for?

Probably the same grounds that got TakeTwo a £1 million settlement off some blog for leaking RDR2 details.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Mega64 posted:

Please don't gently caress video games.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Ignite Memories posted:

I have information that will lead to the arrest of Doug Bowser

Doug Bowser is above the law

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1137929880090292224

This person has brain worms. Someone please reboot the internet so we can try this whole thing again.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Where the Paper Mario leaks at?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

American McGay posted:

https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1137929880090292224

This person has brain worms. Someone please reboot the internet so we can try this whole thing again.

I like how their tweet comes off like Nintendo are dicks for taking legal action against someone trying to spoil their million dollar stage presentation at an insider industry event.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm gonna post my predictions, as tweets (because I already wrote them and copying Twitter links is easier than copying paragraphs on my phone)

https://twitter.com/BorlandCorp/status/1138057642709049344?s=19

https://twitter.com/BorlandCorp/status/1138057645548552192?s=19

https://twitter.com/BorlandCorp/status/1138057647964467200?s=19

All fairly obvious/known stuff

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
Yeah. The real secret to Slay the Spire is that, outside a couple fringe decks you’ll know when you’re in, keep your deck lean and pull bad and low-value cards from it at every opportunity. In particular, junk the basic attack and defense cards ASAP. Enemy attack grossly outscales low-value block cards by Chapter 3, so most builds aren’t going to be using block cards that don’t bring any extra utility or provide silly block values. If your stack is good going into the endgame, think long about pulling more cards and possibly diluting your card quality, especially as Silent as a lot of Silent builds are about stringing sequences of cheap cards together and adding bricks can quickly kill an otherwise strong deck

For the Silent, for survival the basic strategy is about getting Footwork whenever possible and cards that do Block + Thing, like Backflip, Cloak and Dagger, Leg Sweep, or Dash. Try to prioritize getting Weak up unless you’ve got a stack that can just kill a man out of nowhere and just use Silent’s value cards to win through card and energy economy.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Releasing Animal Crossing less than a month after Pokémon would be a death knell.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Animal Crossing and Pokemon will release the same day and they will share a world.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No it wouldn't, it'd be fine

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Animal Crossing is an evergreen title and will do fine.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Fun Times! posted:

Animal Crossing and Pokemon will release the same day and they will share a world.

Animal Heracrossing

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I think my Silent win was a combination of poison and amassing shivs combined with powers that incentivized playing cards. I can check my deck later to make sure.

But yeah, trashing is a key part of any deckbuilder and it's easier to do awesome things if you draw those more often.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

less laughter posted:

Animal Heracrossing
AniMonpokrossing

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Animal Picrossing

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I like to play Switch games mobile, not mobile games on Switch.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

disjoe posted:

According to this person there’s an FF8 remaster announcement so yeah they’re probably full of poo poo

Don’t do that. Don’t give me hope.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Any release of FF8 is technically considered a remaster because they lost all the assets.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just let me play FF8 so I can abuse the magic system and play Triple Triad forever, Square.

Just let me play FF8 forever again.

I know there’s that dumb FF portal on iOS that has triple triad but the app is poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgOHKCks5hs

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Because some brave Japanese citizen knew they had to stop that terrible game from hurting anyone again.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They're actually going to announce Final Fantasy VIII Cremaster, a collaboration with Matthew Barney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Just let me play FF8 so I can abuse the magic system and play Triple Triad forever, Square.

Just let me play FF8 forever again.

I know there’s that dumb FF portal on iOS that has triple triad but the app is poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgOHKCks5hs

The Triple Triad app is infinitely better than playing it in actual FF8