Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Uninstall bitdefender because you don't need 3rd party antivirus in 2019.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Average Bear posted:

Uninstall bitdefender because you don't need 3rd party antivirus in 2019.

This. Microsoft's Security Essentials for Win10 is perfectly good. Only use a third party AV if you're Enterprise and you absolutely must do do for compliance or regulatory purposes. For everyone else, they introduce more problems than they solve.

Do get Malwarebytes and run that once a month or so though.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
So a little warning to those using Sacrosanct... the Vampire Lord perk that allows you to instantly kill with hemomancy can work on essential characters. I didn't realize I accidentally blew up Serana and Brhuce Hammar until several hours of gameplay later. :sigh:

Random Encounter
Jul 19, 2007
Freeform for life

Average Bear posted:

What are the fun spells in Apocalypse?

Combine Infinite Light with Ordinator's False Life, Under My Wings, and Lightwielder to fire out a beam of death/life that reflects off of every entity into a web network, damaging/healing depending on their hostility towards you.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Commander Keene posted:

Sorta depends upon what build you're doing, but I recommend Ocato's Recital (which allows you to auto-buff when entering combat).

Reave is amazing.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Longstride is essential if you want to run around without a horse. Combine with Mystic Wind for infinite mana.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

A few more gems I found during my trawl of the most-endorsed mods:

Tail Armors: Argonians and Khajiit! Protect your tails!

Cats in Skyrim: Adoptable housecats. Farengar, of course, has a cat.

MoreHUD: Puts information about what you're looking at up on the screen, such as alchemy ingredient effects, and such.

More Informative Console: Gives you windows with more information about your targets in the console.

This last one is an Oldrim mod, but it works perfectly in in SE, and I love the animated Enchanting Table and Alchemy stations it adds: Revamped Assets Skyrim. I actually was searching through my download history for a while (78 pages!) because I couldn't remember what this mod was called and I wanted those back.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

bony tony posted:

Longstride is essential if you want to run around without a horse. Combine with Mystic Wind for infinite mana.

Isn't running (especially sprinting) already as fast as horses?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Sure, but Longstride is even faster!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Speaking of Skyrim mods, what's Wildcat like? I've got most of the mods of that modding dude, but am wary of actually using a combat mod since I don't want combat to become a slog.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
It actually makes combat much faster. I think I use Smilodon, which is his more lightweight version that is more seamless into the vanilla combat. I haven't played vanilla combat in a while but I like what it does. Combine it with Realistic Ragdolls and Force highest settings and it makes smacking hordes of skeletons pretty fun.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Average Bear posted:

It actually makes combat much faster. I think I use Smilodon, which is his more lightweight version that is more seamless into the vanilla combat. I haven't played vanilla combat in a while but I like what it does. Combine it with Realistic Ragdolls and Force highest settings and it makes smacking hordes of skeletons pretty fun.

Noted, I'll check that out. I've been avoid physics mods for the longest time because the last one I tried had some weird bugs that broke the game. Not even sure that was Skyrim though, might've been Oblivion.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The only thing any physics mod will break is the opening cutscene, which you should be skipping with mods. Trust me, blasting necromancers into the horizon with Ice Spike never gets old.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Average Bear posted:

The only thing any physics mod will break is the opening cutscene, which you should be skipping with mods. Trust me, blasting necromancers into the horizon with Ice Spike never gets old.

Thinking about it, I think that's what it was actually. The intro was breaking and I had to uninstall. And then I hate installing mods on a game-in-progress because of how delicate Skyrim's scripting is. Is Wildcat or Smilodon safe to drop into an on-going game?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Yes, both mods have config menus to start and stop them at will.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Average Bear posted:

Yes, both mods have config menus to start and stop them at will.

Perfect, thank you! I'll probably drop that in tonight and see how it goes. Are there any mods that do things like increase run/walk speed or jump height with either perks or raising Stamina? One side effect of removing attributes is that I can't see my character being able to do things like jump higher or run faster and that was part of the fun of character growth. At least more Stamina gives you more carry weight.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Not that I know of. Summermist adds enchantments for faster movement speed. Ordinator might have a perk somewhere. I know sacrosancts vampire lord tree can increase mortal form speed by 10%.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I’m using Ordinator so I’ll take a loo through the perks. Was Sperg ever updated for SE?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Yes it was. I personally don't use it because I remember it being too much like vanilla. IDK if that's actually the case or it's a false memory thing.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I've gotten so used to Ordinator over the hours, that I don't know about going back to SPERG.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Average Bear posted:

Yes it was. I personally don't use it because I remember it being too much like vanilla. IDK if that's actually the case or it's a false memory thing.

It was my favorite game play overhaul of all the available ones back in the day, but I can’t even remember what all it did. But yea, it was basically Vanilla+ and it rocked.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
SPERG works though some of the perks are still a but buggy (I know for Animal Friend for instance the Baby Mammoth doesn't work and all the DLC ones aren't implemented)

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Most of my issues with the intro have happened because the games fps wasn't capped at 60, so you could try that too, but I'm not sure if that was just vanilla Skyrim or SE. That also fixed the water level issues where you'd walk around and clip under invisible water

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
My pitch for ordinator is that you can make a real class out of anything. Each skill tree let's you have combat capabilities. Even smithing has a dwarven auto cannon that improves as your smithing does. Illusion buffs your illusion spells and let's you sneak on enemies to create illusion clones of them to fight. Even restoration has some Paladin stuff.

And if you want to play a TES god all in one character, you can do that too. And despite documentation, I recommend taking 50% more perks because it really has a lot of perks.

Tangent: Gold is XP is a pretty fun mod. Gives you as you gain gold, which levels you up and allows you to level up your skills like the Fallout games when you sleep. Drawbacks are you can't grind skills to train them, NPC paid training is disabled (since gold already gives XP) and skyshards doesn't work with it.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
Is there a mod that removes the 5 training per level limit? I'm making a mod pack and really need that for it to be balanced.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Its Coke posted:

Is there a mod that removes the 5 training per level limit? I'm making a mod pack and really need that for it to be balanced.

One of the perks in SPERG does that, so you might be able to just rip that perk out of it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I've actually made a mod of GMST Edits that does that among other things.

The things this file changes:
  • Unlimited (well, 1800 times per level, which is enough to get every skill to 100) training per level.
  • Master trainers can now train you to 100.
  • Training is now significantly more expensive.
  • Turns off the loving tutorial messages.
  • Increases the vertical sandbox area for NPCs, just like Multiple Floors Sandboxing.
  • Slightly adjusts the aim with bows and crossbows to be more in line with the crosshairs.
  • Increases the weight limit for lifting physics objects in the world (like corpses.)
  • Increases the number of NPCs who can be in combat to 50.
  • Makes bartering somewhat tougher.
  • Makes enemies search for you a bit longer when detected.
  • Unlocks the camera significantly in the map screen, you can zoom and pan and swivel a lot more freely.

Here it is

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Also, double-posting because I just published a new mod: Better Transmutation, for both Oldrim and Special Edition.

I don't know about you, but I always was annoyed how I had to open the inventory and drop each silver ore when I wanted to make silver ingots. This mod switches the behavior of the Transmute Metal Ore spell so that it will keep converting Iron Ore to Silver Ore until you run out of Iron Ore, and only then begin converting Silver Ore into Gold Ore.

In addition, I also changed one of the two copies of Transmute Metal Ore into a greater version - Transmute Metal Ingots! It works the same as Transmute Metal Ore, but on Iron/Silver Ingots!

Transmute Metal Ingots is available in... 

...Ansilvund

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

chaosapiant posted:

Perfect, thank you! I'll probably drop that in tonight and see how it goes. Are there any mods that do things like increase run/walk speed or jump height with either perks or raising Stamina? One side effect of removing attributes is that I can't see my character being able to do things like jump higher or run faster and that was part of the fun of character growth. At least more Stamina gives you more carry weight.

There's a couple of mod about athletics training, this one with a perk tree and this one with a MCM menu. I've only used the second one, but the first one seems alright too.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Speaking of the opening, why not try out The Dragonborn Dies, wherein you get immediately executed upon arrival in Helgen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP_z860q80c

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

that reminds me of an Oblivion mod I started making which added a 1 in 10 chance that the Emperor would look at you and go "your eyes! They're... no, never mind, never seen them before. Then the stars were wrong, and this is not the day. Guards, kill the prisoner."

I think my plan was to have it as part of another unrelated mod and not tell anyone. It fell through because Oblivion sucked and I realised I didn't want to make mods for it lol

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Someone makes a mod where the Empire isn't stupid and they just execute Ulfric immediately instead of wasting their time starting with some random Stormcloak soldier, a horse thief, some random hobo they picked up on the way, and who knows who else they were planning after.

This would disable the whole civil war sideplot obviously.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So I've been enjoying my latest playthrough with a pretty decent modlist, and happily there's a guide to using Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade with SE since it hasn't been officially ported yet. You have to use the asset converter and save the esp in the CK yourself though, because it would be mod piracy and completely immoral for one person to convert it and then post it somewhere for download.

Once you totally convert it yourself and not download a pre-converted file, you'll need to install the SE patch from that nexus page.

Also, if you're using CCOR with Skyrim Immersive Creatures, CCOR needs to be below SIC in both your load and install order, and you'll have to turn off Ore Guardians in SIC. There is a patch for the Oldrim version, but I'd have to basically remake it because the Oldrim patch is looking for the separate ESPs SIC had for the DLCs on the Oldrim version, and gently caress that amount of work for a feature of SIC I don't like anyway. :colbert:

Anyhow, with Convenient Horses I'm actually enjoying not fast travelling and riding around Falkreath with Lydia and Uthgerd. Also, CACO is officially ported. I'm also running all of Arthmoor's little lore village expansions, and hilariously another mod (I think it's Populated Civil War) is constantly spawning a civil war battle in the streets of Granite Hill.

Also the Quick Loot mod is fuckin' legit.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jun 11, 2019

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
QuickLoot is so goddamn good.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

bony tony posted:

QuickLoot is so goddamn good.

It's one of those things that seems kind of nice but not a big deal when it's first described, and then once you've actually used it there is no going back to the bad old way ever again.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
My stats say I opened 2000 containers this playthrough. Imagine watching that little opening animation that many times. Thanks quickloot!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Average Bear posted:

My stats say I opened 2000 containers this playthrough. Imagine watching that little opening animation that many times. Thanks quickloot!

There's a quickloot mod for Skyrim now? I have it for Morrowind and I did not know that Skyrim had one. I wish to download and install it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

This one. Be sure to grab the required dependencies.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Awesome, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Sooo... apparently, in my GMST Tweak mod I posted earlier I misplaced a decimal point in the barter GMSTs and caused prices to be ridiculously low rather than higher than vanilla. It's fixed now, just replace it if you downloaded it before. :shobon: