Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

This wasn't the nuclear hellscape I was promised, this was a border skirmish at best :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

:staredog:

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

i'm sure germany will welcome communism now with open mutated arms

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
:yeshaha:

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

Zikan posted:

i'm sure germany will welcome communism now with open mutated arms

:eng101: Working class can't be exploited if there's no workers left to exploit! Communism has already won!

MaxieSatan fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jun 10, 2019

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
It's Christmas at Ground Zero

A Renaissance Nerd
Mar 29, 2010
By my count, that's 16 cities nuked, with 17 bombs dropped (:rip: Prague)

Frankfurt, Cottbus, Venice, Amsterdam, Erfurt, Magdeburg, Hamburg, Rostock, Prague, Hanover, Nuremberg, Munich, Lüneberg, Berlin, Prague (again), Vienna, and New York

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I see the Berber Union didn’t want to be left off the list of “World’s Worst Mass Murderers List” with their completely unjustified nuking of New York City.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Poor Bohemia. They almost made it out alive.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Radioactive borders is ONE way to enhance border security, I guess...

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Since the Berber Union was an offshoot of Morocco in the first place and they now have complete hegemony over their entire continent and will likely rise to become the dominant superpower of the 20th Century after getting through their war relatively unscathed, it turns out Morocco will have the last laugh in the end anyhow.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

I wonder how frantic intelligence agents are to figure out the extent of everyone's nuclear capability in this universe, and how many POW's are just saying whatever they think will stop the shooting. Like that one story of captured airmen just bluffing wholesale to Japanese scientists who just play along because gently caress giving the military any more rope to hang the world.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

Since the Berber Union was an offshoot of Morocco in the first place and they now have complete hegemony over their entire continent and will likely rise to become the dominant superpower of the 20th Century after getting through their war relatively unscathed, it turns out Morocco will have the last laugh in the end anyhow.

Now if that isn't an amazing simile to the torch-passing from the UK to the US I don't know what is.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Grammarchist posted:

I wonder how frantic intelligence agents are to figure out the extent of everyone's nuclear capability in this universe, and how many POW's are just saying whatever they think will stop the shooting. Like that one story of captured airmen just bluffing wholesale to Japanese scientists who just play along because gently caress giving the military any more rope to hang the world.

captured russian conscript: our general talked about having..uhhh...hundreds of atomic weapons in production!

iberian interrogator: :hmmyes: *writes down "USE ATOM BOMBS AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE ON ANY TARGET" in report to HQ*

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
All that for a peace we probably could have secured after dropping just one bomb :negative:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

For all that death, did we even make any substantial gains? Are we in any better negotiating position than we were four years ago?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

vyelkin posted:

All that for a peace we probably could have secured after dropping just one bomb :negative:

Yes, but now the Russians know our resolve!

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Where once there was Germany, now there is Gerfew.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Germany has been pretty comprehensively shitkicked throughout the last few hundred years of this timeline.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

If there’s any silver lining to Northeastern Germany being a glowing wasteland, it’s that maybe military strategists will come to the conclusion that nuclear weapons were basically completely pointless considering the frontlines basically wound up at the same place in the four years they were thrown around.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Where once there was Germany, now there is Gerfew.
:hmmyes:

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
I can't believe it. Not only did we fail to establish continental supremacy, but we also failed to go out in a kickass nuclear war.

And the worst part is the fact that super-berber america won. Germany and Iberia both spent the last 4 years kicking each other for what looks like literally zero gains while the Berber Union ate all of the Americas and is now some crazy super-state that is poised to dominate the world.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Amazing ending; very glad the red turbans somehow made it all the way. Also wow RIP Prague.

Grammarchist posted:

What’s the story??

E: What is the government of the Berber Union right now? Still the tetrarchy thing? Curious which form of government is going to end up dominant once he Berber union comes in to rule the ashes.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

QuoProQuid posted:

For all that death, did we even make any substantial gains? Are we in any better negotiating position than we were four years ago?

We gained Syria and Hejaz in the Middle East, but nothing much in Europe. The Russians had 600 divisions stationed there at one point, easing off only when the celts attempted a naval invasion of the balkans.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Hashim posted:

We gained Syria and Hejaz in the Middle East, but nothing much in Europe. The Russians had 600 divisions stationed there at one point, easing off only when the celts attempted a naval invasion of the balkans.

Well, at least we control most of the world's conventional oil now?

Edit: Wait, if the berber union is america, that means we're doomed.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

NewMars posted:

I can't believe it. Not only did we fail to establish continental supremacy, but we also failed to go out in a kickass nuclear war.

And the worst part is the fact that super-berber america won. Germany and Iberia both spent the last 4 years kicking each other for what looks like literally zero gains while the Berber Union ate all of the Americas and is now some crazy super-state that is poised to dominate the world.

I mean, if you wanted more intervention in the americas then maybe goons shouldn't have voted for the supreme leader pointedly against that?

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

MaxieSatan posted:

:eng101: Working class can't be exploited if there's no workers left to exploit! Communism has already won!

Now that knapping has become Germany's top industry, seizing the means of production has never been easier!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I assume the Berbers will at least set up a puppet governments and not annex New England or Ibriz in their entirety. Or at least I hope that to be the case.

Maybe we should form some diplomatic relations with Irish Canada to prevent the Berbers from completely overrunning the hemisphere.

E: Or did Canada go ultra fascist? I can’t remember

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

vyelkin posted:

All germany has left is Cologne

this is the actual nightmare of German existence in this timeline

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Congrats on the Islamic Republic of Ibriz for its return and the almost complete destruction of the Frankish Realm south of any polar climate.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

QuoProQuid posted:

I assume the Berbers will at least set up a puppet governments and not annex New England or Ibriz in their entirety. Or at least I hope that to be the case.

Maybe we should form some diplomatic relations with Irish Canada to prevent the Berbers from completely overrunning the hemisphere.

E: Or did Canada go ultra fascist? I can’t remember

There won't be much outright-annexing over there, esp since the berbers are already so big.

But they'll still have a couple surprises in the epilogue anyways, since I'm letting the game run for a few years more for inspiration.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Great LP, Hashim! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
"The last human dies in 1990."

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
:rip: Prague and Bohemia

zanni
Apr 28, 2018

jesus christ how horrifying

:psyduck:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

how the gently caress do the russians still have a million and a half of manpower

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

They've probably been down to children and 80 year olds for the past two or three years, but turns out Russia has lots of children and 80 year olds.

On the "plus" side re: Germany being glass now, at least all the fallout's gonna blow east.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
What, no skull of Pancrazio?

But for real - fantastic work, Hashim. Great LP

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Ahahahahahaha!

RIP Central Europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

The epilogue should just be "Good Will to Men".