Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Hahaha, holy poo poo. Now that's a hellworld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
That was like atomic realpolitik, two superpowers nuking the gently caress out of the contested territory between them while neither got nuked in their heartlands. Also really funny how Germany ended up divided similarly to IRL cold war spheres.

It's also likely the closest in-game representation of the Jerusalem Mega LP ending with the skull in space :lol:

I wasn't really active in the thread but I've been reading since CK. drat, it's been 2,5 years? Bra-loving-vo sir, this whole thread feels like a book well read. :five:

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
Honestly I just want to know what this does to German culture and literature in the decades to come

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001
Manchuria seems like a nice place to live.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

MaxieSatan posted:

Honestly I just want to know what this does to German culture and literature in the decades to come

Hm I think your avatar and custom text is a good guide here maybe.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

tildes posted:

What’s the story??

Can't find a link, so I'm not sure if it's apocryphal, but I remember reading an account of a downed American airman being questioned by a Japanese scientist about the Atom Bomb after Hiroshima/Nagasaki, how many more are coming, etc. The airman has no idea, but he bluffs and says America has a ton of them in reserve. The Japanese scientist doesn't buy this, figuring it'd be a few months before the next bomb comes online. However, the scientist still reports the airman's account as evidence that Japan should surrender because he personally opposed continuing the war.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
In this world, Fallout: New Bankfurt will be a critically-acclaimed masterpiece video game.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
:rip: Germany. It died at it lived in this timeline: a horrible hellscape of nothing but war, famine and death.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Not to bury the lede or anything, but I really love that the Celts managed to dust themselves off from their disastrous amphibious invasion against the Franks in time to launch yet another doomed foray into the Balkans.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

The Germans will probably despise both sides forever. Are there any cities in Europe that were untouched by this or the last war?

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

WilliamAnderson posted:

The Germans will probably despise both sides forever. Are there any cities in Europe that were untouched by this or the last war?

What Germans? All I see is the wasteland.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

how the gently caress do the russians still have a million and a half of manpower

I assume their absorption of Scandanavia helped in some way

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

WilliamAnderson posted:

Košice, capital of the Latin Empire. As of the 1900 update it was the 9th largest city in Europe (though I imagine it has shot up in ranking given, um, recent events).

Don’t think the Latins have been been in a war since the 1700s either. They managed to sit out March of the Eagles

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jun 10, 2019

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
drat. It will be a shame to see this LP end, but also a relief because frankly this has probably been the most stressful one I've ever read. I hope you do another LP at some point, though I wouldn't blame you for taking a long break.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Congratulations, everyone. We won a land war in Europe.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

yeah 10/10 lp probably my all-time favorite paradox lp

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

Hashim posted:

But they'll still have a couple surprises in the epilogue anyways, since I'm letting the game run for a few years more for inspiration.

The rise of Waono. I'm calling it

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

MaxieSatan posted:

Germans invent Kaiju and Super Sentai

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Ibblebibble posted:

Congratulations, everyone. We won a land war in Europe.

"Won".

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)

MaxieSatan posted:

Think Belka from Strangereal.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That fuckin ruled

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Just magnificent, Hashim. I know you’ll get those dastardly Russians next time.

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!
Well a fitting end. I still think we should have nuked some dirty Balkans and saved poor Bohemians.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

We got almost everything we wanted: exiled Almoravids, Frangleterre gone forever, friendly communists (+the Irish and Benin) on all sides, dominance of Western Europe, North Africa, and the ME...

Who can claim it wasn't worth it

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Congratulations. Al Andalusia controls Western Europe, its heartlands were safe from Russian bombs, and the Revolution remains intact. What a happy ending for HoI4!

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
30 Years War II

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
At least we got Suez :confuoot:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Now we just need to mod Twilight Struggle to represent the coming Cold War.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The slinging nukes back and forth felt real bad, but I imagine before that the nations must've been pulling some firebombing on eachother as well. I know that one of the real-world theories that the soviets had for using nukes was to use them as just really big artillery barrages to march troops through the wasteland right after. I don't suppose that's modeled as a thing in this game.

Mizanur's original tree made it look like he wanted to make one big hulking empire, but now there's all these independent (maybe puppet?) states. Maybe Russian and Berber maps will show them all lumped together behind an iron curtain. I feel like at some point these states will start turning on eachother. A strongman totalitarian thing like Mizanur's got going on is going to be very brittle.

Russia took a lot of territory out west, and the Balkanoids got neutralized like they wanted, but now they've lost their Arabian and African colonies, so they no longer have their avenue by sea to the rest of the world. Then again, they might be taking Alaska by the look of things? Weird. The war around the Pacific is going to take a while to finally shake out, but it seems like Russia will be kingmaker (literally?).

But what really matters is that Cherson's okay. Borders unbreached.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

SlothfulCobra posted:

Mizanur's original tree made it look like he wanted to make one big hulking empire, but now there's all these independent (maybe puppet?) states. Maybe Russian and Berber maps will show them all lumped together behind an iron curtain. I feel like at some point these states will start turning on eachother. A strongman totalitarian thing like Mizanur's got going on is going to be very brittle.

1945: morocco and andalusia are friends forever

september 1948: mizanur dies

october 1948: morocco and andalusia split and morocco seizes the straits again

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

SlothfulCobra posted:

The Death of Mizanur

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
This was a great LP to read through, Hashim, especially glad that I hopped onto this bandwagon and voted when it had just reached EU4!

Honestly with how often nukes were used in this war I wouldn't be surprised if it all ends in nuclear hellfire anyway.

And with cobalt bombs, because Al-Andalus is petty enough to use them.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

We can be secure that an entire generation of Russian men have died, weakeningly it horribly in the long term once the war dies down, compared to Andalusia which while having heavy casualties actually has a generation of men to return to rebuild.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Well. We certainly created a more hellish world than our own timeline.

NewMars posted:

Well, at least we control most of the world's conventional oil now?

No, we don’t. Most of the oil is on the eastern side of the Arabian peninsula, not the western side.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
How close are any other powers to nuclear weapons, primarily Manchuria and the Berber Union (good lord it's big)?

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

I just want to be a grump and point out that considering the relatively low rate of bomb production for the historical US everyone is way over budget in this alternate timeline

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ManifunkDestiny posted:

How close are any other powers to nuclear weapons, primarily Manchuria and the Berber Union (good lord it's big)?

The Berbers already have the nuke. They used it on New York and forced New England to capitulate.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
That last war screen demonstrated a key thing about Russia: they have so much manpower, resources, and industry to draw on. Hashim was fighting at something like 3-1 odds for the last few updates in terms of the number of divisions and factories. They can just shrug off losing ~30 divisions in an encirclement. The Franks had way more resources, were fighting a still mobilizing Russia, and probably had mobile warfare doctrine so they could make progress, but Iberia had less of an uphill struggle and more of a 90* slope.

I really want to get my hands on the HoI4 scenario and try fighting them myself.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Four years of fruitlessly nuking central europe for nothing to change is peak Al Andalus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Could you imagine the existential terror of living in a Central European city during this war

I can't imagine not fleeing to the countryside