Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I was thinking of buying the blu ray set for Avatar: TLA and I found this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ava...966237810063808

Uh does this seem right to you guys? I'm not the only one that thinks this sounds like a too good to be true type deal, right? Am I misreading the decimal point? Am I gonna wind up with one of my kidneys stolen if I order this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Waffleman_ posted:

E: Wait was it just a screening of Interstella?

Just took a look at the program, and Annecy was definitely screening Interstella on Monday.

The confusingly worded tweet meant to say, "Two shorts that I had a leading creative roll premiered tonight. One was in front of a huge film premier, and the other in front of a revival screening of Daft Punk's movie" but in less words because Twitter.

Mr Interweb posted:

Uh does this seem right to you guys? I'm not the only one that thinks this sounds like a too good to be true type deal, right? Am I misreading the decimal point? Am I gonna wind up with one of my kidneys stolen if I order this?

You would have to tell us. Google autolocates sellers based on the user's location, so up in Canada are a bunch of amazon and ebay listings of about $35 and up.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

SomeJazzyRat posted:

You would have to tell us. Google autolocates sellers based on the user's location, so up in Canada are a bunch of amazon and ebay listings of about $35 and up.

I get a bunch of Euro listings of about 30-35 Euros. I know I bought the bluray ATLA set for about $25 off Amazon during some price drop.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

That doesn't seem right though. There's 60 episodes worth of material, AND it's on blu-ray AND didn't it JUST come out? I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen stand alone movies for $30.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I don’t know what to tell you, it’s a good deal. It’s currently $27 on Amazon US right now. Get it!

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

I don’t know what to tell you, it’s a good deal. It’s currently $27 on Amazon US right now. Get it!

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude. I just can't believe this is a thing because it looks too good to be true.

In any case, so be it. I shall purchase it!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I spent about 30 for my set.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Is this where we go to talk about Teen Titans Go? It appears the dedicated thread has been archived and not replaced.

Anyway, I wish to register my displeasure across the internet that Robin successfully kissed Wondergirl in The Bergerac. I don't care if she died on her way back to her home planet.

I'm also leary of the addition of Bumblebee to the cast but I trust the writers enough to have faith they can pull it off.

Also thanks so much to TTG for turning me on to Blake Snyder's Save the Cat. That book is changing my life!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Applewhite posted:

Is this where we go to talk about Teen Titans Go? It appears the dedicated thread has been archived and not replaced.

Anyway, I wish to register my displeasure across the internet that Robin successfully kissed Wondergirl in The Bergerac. I don't care if she died on her way back to her home planet.

I'm also leary of the addition of Bumblebee to the cast but I trust the writers enough to have faith they can pull it off.

Also thanks so much to TTG for turning me on to Blake Snyder's Save the Cat. That book is changing my life!

Whoa, wait, I got that book somewhere and its been really, really good! What episode do they shill it on??

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Aw poo poo, Owl House teaser

https://twitter.com/DisneyTVA/status/1138477673838186496

Civilizations living in the corpses of long dead gods is a metal as hell aesthetic and I'm here for it

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
neat fact: the Art Director, the background designers, and the prop designers all worked on Steven Universe (heck, the shows Lead Background Designer is Steven Sugar himself)

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Whoa, wait, I got that book somewhere and its been really, really good! What episode do they shill it on??

“Don’t be an Icarus.”

They don’t actually mention the book by name but Cyborg’s “Golden Fleece” segment references Snyder’s beat sheet and from there it was really easy to find the book.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

the eye is mirrored on the wrong side, 0 /10, dont buy it for such a major mistake

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Digamma-F-Wau fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 12, 2019

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Is that just a clip of a longer short perhaps? Elmer Fudd has a loving scythe. Either we're missing some setup or they're operating on some stupid no guns policy.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
To be fair if I were a kid in these times I would absolutely be distressed by guns and gunfire.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

TheHan posted:

To be fair if I were a kid in these times I would absolutely be distressed by guns and gunfire.

I wonder if "school shooting" would have become a thing if their bombs had gone off at Columbine. Maybe we got the lesser of 2 evils.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Beachcomber posted:

I wonder if "school shooting" would have become a thing if their bombs had gone off at Columbine. Maybe we got the lesser of 2 evils.

I feel like after the first few would-be school bombers blew themselves up in their own basements that it would swiftly lose popularity as a medium of mass revenge.

Anyway, RE: Save the Cat in Teen Titans Go, I wasn’t entirely correct earlier. A copyright-safe version of the book called “Rescue the Kitty” is briefly shown.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The big difference between guns and bombs is it's easy to acquire a gun in America but it's hard to acquire a bomb (at least one that'll do any serious damage)

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I wonder if they could redesign Elmer Fudd as an unfortunate wildlife photographer instead?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Applewhite posted:

I feel like after the first few would-be school bombers blew themselves up in their own basements that it would swiftly lose popularity as a medium of mass revenge.

Anyway, RE: Save the Cat in Teen Titans Go, I wasn’t entirely correct earlier. A copyright-safe version of the book called “Rescue the Kitty” is briefly shown.

Just saw the episode, and goddamn I love Cyborg so much in Go. His bit was the best.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Does anyone know if the original Amphibia intro music is out there somewhere?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn6x33rJYCk

Specifically this one. There's two other current versions, one that is similar to this one and one that has... lyrics and is... bad. But they don't sound like this one. The one that's similar is fine but it doesn't have the same oomph to it that this one has. I'd love an HD version of the one they used for the SDCC trailer

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
What is up with kids show characters that speak in third person, skipping use of the verb to be? I’m specifically referring to the fuzzlies on Abby Hatcher but it’s not the only show to do this.

I hate when my kids emulate this style of speech, they’ll watch a show like this then ask for milk by saying “Me milky waaahhhh”. When they know perfectly well how to ask nicely. I don’t understand why shows do this, it sucks. They should show characters speaking properly so kids learn to emulate proper speech.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Dren posted:

What is up with kids show characters that speak in third person, skipping use of the verb to be? I’m specifically referring to the fuzzlies on Abby Hatcher but it’s not the only show to do this.

I hate when my kids emulate this style of speech, they’ll watch a show like this then ask for milk by saying “Me milky waaahhhh”. When they know perfectly well how to ask nicely. I don’t understand why shows do this, it sucks. They should show characters speaking properly so kids learn to emulate proper speech.

Ice Bear is sympathetic.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Macaluso posted:

Does anyone know if the original Amphibia intro music is out there somewhere?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn6x33rJYCk

Specifically this one. There's two other current versions, one that is similar to this one and one that has... lyrics and is... bad. But they don't sound like this one. The one that's similar is fine but it doesn't have the same oomph to it that this one has. I'd love an HD version of the one they used for the SDCC trailer

I don't think so, unfortunately.

On a related note, however:

https://twitter.com/Radrappy/status/1139231265721208833?s=19

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XGY_fHLqck

Ian-Jones Quartey helped with this.

I kind of need more.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Ive seen Villanos bopping around on my youtube for awhile. Im glad its coming to america!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

I kind of need more.

Oh weird, I thought this was a Disney thing from stuff I’d seen on Twitter.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I found myself way more interested in Penumbra, her hero nemesis, and the protestors than I was in the fairly generic villain protagonists.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

ThermoPhysical posted:

I kind of need more.
I don't know if I like this. There aren't really any likable characters. I know it's supposed to be the gimmick of "what if the villains are the protagonists" but that's always a balancing act of making them bad, but not really that bad. If they're jerks or flat-out evil, why am I rooting for them?

I also wasn't really a fan of Courage the Cowardly Dog and this is giving me those vibes with the scared protagonist who is just constantly whimpering or stressed out.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ThermoPhysical posted:

I kind of need more.

I absolutely love the design of Black Hat, but something about the animation in this is REALLY off. It's weird cause the art of the show looks professional quality but the animation absolutely does not. It's especially evident on the no sunlight girl

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jun 14, 2019

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The 'hero' seems to basically be Captain Hammer with Captain Sunshine's powers.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

Macaluso posted:

I absolutely love the design of Black Hat, but something about the animation in this is REALLY off. It's weird cause the art of the show looks professional quality but the animation absolutely does not. It's especially evident on the no sunlight girl

Can someone who is more versed in animating describe what this is because I have the same issue. It's not bad, just something seems off and it makes it kinda not great to look at.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

The first episodes of Amphibia were released early on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX3uta-AuEg

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ThermoPhysical posted:

I kind of need more.

I liked it.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

JazzFlight posted:

I don't know if I like this. There aren't really any likable characters. I know it's supposed to be the gimmick of "what if the villains are the protagonists" but that's always a balancing act of making them bad, but not really that bad. If they're jerks or flat-out evil, why am I rooting for them?

It also seems like we're supposed to take the organization seriously, even though by rights all of them are completely incompetent and the management is terrible, which is the kind of thing I notice.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rand Brittain posted:

It also seems like we're supposed to take the organization seriously, even though by rights all of them are completely incompetent and the management is terrible, which is the kind of thing I notice.

I think the boss is supposed to be taken seriously. The underlings not so much.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think the boss is supposed to be taken seriously. The underlings not so much.

Yeah, but he sends out his underlings, who clearly can't work together, expecting them to do right, which makes him complicit in their incompetence.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jhonenv/status/1139650058771546112?s=21

gently caress it where did we put that monkey’s paw? I don’t even care about the consequences anymore I just want this show to be real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

readingatwork posted:

https://twitter.com/jhonenv/status/1139650058771546112?s=21

gently caress it where did we put that monkey’s paw? I don’t even care about the consequences anymore I just want this show to be real.

I remember hearing that Tyson Hesse did storyboards for this (meaning that him doing storyboards for Enter the Florpus wasn't the first time he worked on a Jhonen project)