Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Javelin status: Cool and Good
https://i.imgur.com/hWIisUN.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pattonesque posted:

this is exactly it, if everyone just acknowledged that the horse existed and took a swing at it or shot at it it'd be able to make one pass around the battlefield before it crumpled

I'm normally one for always mashing auto-assign, but red on crossroads is too cathartic to pass up. Chilling in the ammo tower with a longbow, if you toss enough arrows out, that magical headshot on a harassing rider feels so good. And they all follow the same circles around too.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Avynte posted:

I'm normally one for always mashing auto-assign, but red on crossroads is too cathartic to pass up. Chilling in the ammo tower with a longbow, if you toss enough arrows out, that magical headshot on a harassing rider feels so good. And they all follow the same circles around too.

I spent a round playing billhook wild weasel on the outside and I think I killed horses just as often as I got killed, which is fine by me since I'm also counting all the kills they could have gotten but didn't because I hooked them off their ride and beat their heads in

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Babe Magnet posted:

torn banner just announced chivalry 2 on stage at the pcgamer show lol

Chivalry 2: Mordhau is Dead

Combine Chivalry and For Honor, just mash as many cultures together as possible until we have Aztecs and Samurai versus Vikings and Mamluks.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm getting pretty good at nailing dudes in the central tower from the blue big ballista on crossroads, got a decent amount of kills last time I did that while also destroying horsemen

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

if you spliced a bunch of gameplay clips from mordhau and chivalry 2 together i would be really really hard pressed to tell which ones are from which game

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Babe Magnet posted:

Saw the trailer at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMvjUzI3hnk and wow. Looks... kinda clunky and graphics not that hot but hey. That last part with the pitch battle looks fun. Guess they saw Mordhau selling a million copies quickly and said "why not try again" :v:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

You know what, Mirage wasn't such a bad game despite only selling 5 copies

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I noticed in the description that it's an Epic exclusive for a year. Between that and Morhau existing Chiv 2 is gonna flop so hard.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
I'm seeing a good few people doing straight up chiv style drags successfully. Seems these autists have figured a way around the drag limitation in certain cases. Not helicopter spinning, but moves annoying enough to have to see again.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I wish the Mordhauses and Chivalries of the world would look as good as For Honor and have the same production values

timn
Mar 16, 2010
Unfortunately I don't the kind of studio with the resources for AAA production values is ever going to make something like Mordhau, or if they did it would be seriously diluted with risk-averse design choices. The scrappy low budget indy effort is getting us a better product in the end.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Chiv 2 trailer looked bad tbh. There was nothing exciting about the fighting. Just swing block swing block

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Man, the changes to Taiga just psychologically annihilated red team pubbies.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
I haven't seen blue lose taiga since the changes but I've only played about 3 rounds.

timn
Mar 16, 2010
I think this was asked before but I didn't see an answer. Does anyone have a summary of the taiga balance changes? Is it just shifting some spawn points around or did they go as far as making level geometry edits too?

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
Two things I noticed were a new door to the fort by the bridge and blues spawn point was moved up when they are attacking the fort.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

timn posted:

I think this was asked before but I didn't see an answer. Does anyone have a summary of the taiga balance changes? Is it just shifting some spawn points around or did they go as far as making level geometry edits too?

when red loses fort they spawn much farther away

plus they added a ton of more holes on fort :getin:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah there's a new bridge between old bridge and the logs, and now there's a gate beside the ladder you climb up into one of the overlooking buildings.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

timn posted:

the ones I know about...

- Huge new entrance into Camp right after blue side bridge from Cave Entrance. Before you would have to climb a wall to get into the Camp from here.
- New bridge between where the log bridges are and the place where the rocks jut out and you can jump across the river. It was an obvious spot for a bridge but it just wasn't there before.
- There are now more spawn points for Cave Entrance. It used to be everyone spawned inside the cave but now people will sometimes spawn outside. I think they might have moved the inside spawn point forward somewhat.
- Various small changes to architecture inside the Camp to account for the new door.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah Taiga always ends in a red team spawntrap, it's nuts

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
The Gang Learns About Spawn Advantage

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Yaknow I hated javelins at first because their scaled up ballista bolt model and the way your character drops them and the fact you can't fight with them despite them being functionally short spears but having run a heavy axe, toolbox and javelin setup... they're pretty slick. They do real killin' work unlike other throwables that only really soften targets.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Plus unlike the old short spear build you can refresh your javelins from the ammo box after hucking the first couple in the back of your teammates heads

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
My favorite thing about javelins is that they're free because they're freaking everywhere.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Doltos posted:

Plus unlike the old short spear build you can refresh your javelins from the ammo box after hucking the first couple in the back of your teammates heads

Technically in this way you can carry four of them. Just one guy walking around like a hedgehog full of javelins that you pull from his spine as needed, A pin gimp

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Babe Magnet posted:

Chivalry 2: Mordwho?

(The inevitable thread can have this one for free, they'll need all the help they can get :unsmigghh: )

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

all inter-thread disputes will be held on the fields on honor in War of the Roses 2

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Gobblecoque posted:

My favorite thing about javelins is that they're free because they're freaking everywhere stuck in me.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

cerebral posted:

I've become convinced that the power of horses in this game is largely psychological. If people would adopt your attitude and actually fight against them, they would crumple, and we wouldn't see dudes going 56 and 3 playing my little pony for an entire round. If archers would shoot them, that would also be magical, but I won't hold my breath waiting on that, much better to fire arrows from spawn in hopes that they magically land on an enemy out of visual range.

its 100% psychological because horses basically ahve no impact on what team wins or loses, so theres no real reason to spend lots of time trying to chase them down with your teammates. which in turn just makes the 2-3 times you get bumped into every game even more annoying

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah my big annoyance with horses is they'll get 10 people chasing after one dude who's honestly not actually doing that much and completely ignore the line of dudes walking into camp

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

NigelThornberry posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LbYHo3K0J4
I wasn't aware of just how easy the cav life is until I tried, I still feel a little dirty. *goes back to being cav scum in secret*

rofl

timn
Mar 16, 2010
The problem with horses is that people ignore them!

No wait, the problem with horses is that people pay too much attention to them!

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

timn posted:

The problem with horses is that people ignore them!

No wait, the problem with horses is that people pay too much attention to them!

The problem with Horseland is that it's full of Horses!

NigelThornberry
May 16, 2019

https://i.imgur.com/1JkDQCx.gifv

NigelThornberry fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jun 11, 2019

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

The problem is horses.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I wish there were Mongol style clothes. I have to settlr for a big fancy hat instead.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
The big cultural equipment update I suspect and also would really like is a bunch of Ottoman stuff, because that would cover for so many equipment-based things they're currently weirdly missing, like sabers and mail/plate mixes. The Ottomans also had an enormous influence on Eastern Europe, too, so a lot of the equipment from the area there has Ottoman stuff as its origin.

(Give me the ability to play as those cultures first tho, 'cuz I'd want to actually look like a sipahi with a kilij rather than some rando with one)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

gimme hussar wings