Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Nazzadan posted:

Established Auto Chess players invited to the playtest liked it, it's good for people that like the style. If it brings people into the genre, that remains to be seen.
look i am just salty they never considered me. i made it to bishop one time. i am established. this is the biggest oversight in gaming history

Midig posted:

Ok. Back to the actual game and whining about it. Please for the love of god, let the jungler control the Dragon/Herald/Baron. I can't count the number of times I have had a dragon snatched, either because someone hosed up my pull by walking into its face or they simply started on dragon while I had no smite. Happens way less often with Baron, but its even more infuriating when I ping "Smite 15 seconds", then enemy snatches it and they say "OMG NO JUNGLER".

Also, unless the enemy bot lane is dead, just loving let me take down the dragon solo. Don't blow my loving cover to add measly 5 DPS if you are support. If you join the pit, then enemy bot lane + their jungler will just pounce me and steal it. Just let the jungler make the calls when it comes to jungle stuff and if he wants your help he will ping you. You would not want me to steal all your CS every time I came to gank, so please dont mess with my stuff.

well the league auto chess is the actual game, its a different game mode but its built into the client

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

When it actually launches later this month I'll support a thread for it.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Nazzadan posted:

When it actually launches later this month I'll support a thread for it.

while i would i think we can wait to see how the thread activity is, as this thread usually does not get a lot of foot traffic, we may be able to keep the two together... or if the game runs away and becomes the biggest new thing or whatever then it should have a new thread

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah give it time but also be willing to split off another thread if chesschat takes over.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

So I played a game today on Kayle, had a rough start dying to an early gank for FB. Jungler flips a lid and starts calling everyone hateful names, mostly centered on my Kayle play. I try to stay positive, and the ADC kinda joins in and we get closer to even. Then all of a sudden, at 22:00 in, we are able to pick off their Yasuo as he roams bot, and the other team surrenders 4-1 with a slew of "report yasuo omfg" and the like. They were ahead by 5 kills or so, and we found out in the post game lobby that the Yasuo was throwing around hate speech and being a serious rear end in a top hat the whole game. The team got tired of it and wanted out.

Lesson: /mute all, stay positive, and take a break when you get tilted. The other team is just as likely to have assholes or idiots as you are.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

pog boyfriend posted:

while i would i think we can wait to see how the thread activity is, as this thread usually does not get a lot of foot traffic, we may be able to keep the two together... or if the game runs away and becomes the biggest new thing or whatever then it should have a new thread

yeah, the thread itself moves slow as poo poo right now, if we absorbed the auto chess thing in here it would be fine too, depending on how big autochess as a genre becomes itself could warrant a thread for all the offshoots. basically wait and see.

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 11, 2019

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
This thread moves so slowly that it's a season behind :v:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I look forward to summoners rift becoming twisted treeline

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Sexpansion posted:

I look forward to summoners rift becoming twisted treeline
Quoted for posterity. Also, :same:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

TheTofuShop posted:

So I played a game today on Kayle, had a rough start dying to an early gank for FB. Jungler flips a lid and starts calling everyone hateful names, mostly centered on my Kayle play. I try to stay positive, and the ADC kinda joins in and we get closer to even. Then all of a sudden, at 22:00 in, we are able to pick off their Yasuo as he roams bot, and the other team surrenders 4-1 with a slew of "report yasuo omfg" and the like. They were ahead by 5 kills or so, and we found out in the post game lobby that the Yasuo was throwing around hate speech and being a serious rear end in a top hat the whole game. The team got tired of it and wanted out.

Lesson: /mute all, stay positive, and take a break when you get tilted. The other team is just as likely to have assholes or idiots as you are.

personally i never mute all because i think its really funny when people say mean things to me

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Every day, thousands of magical cats are abandoned at the fountain by their ADCs and are forced to walk back to lane on their own. Sadly, many such ADCs die alone and without companionship less than a minute later.

For less than 1 cs per minute, you can avoid this tragedy. Never leave fountain without your Yuumi. The life you save could be your own!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Everyone bans her now so I can’t even try to get better. Who could have imagine?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kai'Sa is getting another loving skin.

I really want to know how much money she's printed for them. Most newer champs - even those that fall into the same "cute girl" category as Kai'Sa - are begging and pleading for new skins, but it seems like she's getting one every second patch.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

This is her 4th skin after she's been out almost a year and a half.

Incidentally this skin will put her even on skins (not counting Prestige K/DA) with Jhin, Taric, Azir, Lissandra, Quinn, Rakan, Rumble, Skarner, Swain, Udyr, Urgot, Viktor, Xerath and Zyra for comparison sake.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 11, 2019

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's easy to forget that Kai'sa is Kassadin's daughter AND she is supposed to be this human possessed by a symbiote like Venom from Spider-Man because every single skin she gets has nothing to do with the symbiote

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RealFoxy posted:

It's easy to forget that Kai'sa is Kassadin's daughter AND she is supposed to be this human possessed by a symbiote like Venom from Spider-Man because every single skin she gets has nothing to do with the symbiote

We need a reverse Kai'Sa skin where instead of the sexy lady with idk some vague allusion to edgelord goop it's just the goop with like maybe the human woman in a thought bubble during one animation.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I wouldn't mind it if Kai was better to play as

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

riot fumbled the ball with the coolest concept they ever came up with and turned her into a kpop singer

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
To be fair most skins are pretty divorced from the base skins theme, that's kind of the point of a skin. Base Kai'sa did have a very dull design to what she should have had though, you're right.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

pog boyfriend posted:

personally i never mute all because i think its really funny when people say mean things to me

Most people are way more defensive than that. Even being mad when I make obvious jokes like "Noob you stole my KS".

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Addamere posted:

We need a reverse Kai'Sa skin where instead of the sexy lady with idk some vague allusion to edgelord goop it's just the goop with like maybe the human woman in a thought bubble during one animation.

I kind of wonder if she's supposed to be the female void champion. Yes I know that Rek'Sai exists but people keep forgetting that she's, you know, a she apparently.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
9.12 https://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-912-notes/

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I wouldn't be surprised if Kai'sa was originally supposed to be more like lady Venom but they made her human and waify to placate the Chinese playerbase which hates monster champs

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Firebert posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Kai'sa was originally supposed to be more like lady Venom but they made her human and waify to placate the Chinese playerbase which hates monster champs
https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/OOGcy9TO-kaisa-concept-art-from-riot-bravoray

Still feminine and humanoid, but a lot less cheesecake than she turned out to be

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I would've been fine if they'd done more with the VO when she's in her helmet mode. I think the most she does is go, like, "Grrrr!" once or twice after using Supercharger. Have her hiss and click and poo poo when she's actively hunting someone and you've already got a way better champion.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/OOGcy9TO-kaisa-concept-art-from-riot-bravoray

Still feminine and humanoid, but a lot less cheesecake than she turned out to be

thats just samus aran from the Metroid series of games

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

strong bird posted:

thats just samus aran from the Metroid series of games
You're just strong bird from the something awful forums so what

strong bird
May 12, 2009

catch me on my HBO Original Series, Big Time Fucktard this fall

Malah
May 18, 2015

Hell yeah, Karma buffs! About time for that Inspire change.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Malah posted:

Hell yeah, Karma buffs! About time for that Inspire change.

It's a nice little change. I was actually kinda surprised to look at her numbers and see that she's holding a very respectable 49% winrate that climbs up to 51% at Master+. I thought Lux would've pushed her out of that general niche of nuking support with a shield, but apparently not.

(Apropos of nothing, it's still really weird seeing Lux at basically the same pickrate as Janna.)

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

How’s the mordekaiser rework?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
I just started playing again after a year off and I started off playing my usual Malzahar, but then my co-worker told me to give Urgot a shot and hooooly poo poo I haven't played another champ since. Haven't had this much fun on league since release Darius!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Janna is super under-the-radar good right now and I strongly recommend everyone play more of her.

TheTofuShop posted:

I had one of these yesterday. Jungler went top to gank for Riven at like 3 minutes and they both died to Jax, they start flaming each other constantly over the next 20 mins. Me and the midlaner repeatedly tell them to just mute each other and play. Neither of them runs it down a lane but it gets close.

Meanwhile, Morgana in botlane has a ping spike or something and dies to it, their Caitlyn has a complete meltdown in all-chat and starts actually running down midlane (tells our mid to buy a mejais) and bragging they won't get banned for it. (spoiler, they got a 9x report and I got the 'a person you reported has been punished' message immediately afterwards.)

Despite their ADC literally inting we almost lost due to top/jng intentionally loving with each other. I started joking with our midlaner that this was a battle of who had the more dysfunctional team. We did eventually win but man... What a wreck of a game.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Gonna keep banning mordekaiser until they balance him.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Les Affaires posted:

Gonna keep banning mordekaiser until they balance him.

He’s that good? drat.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Man this patch is all kinds of hosed up.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Janna is always busted, except when she's terrible.

Vermain posted:

It's a nice little change. I was actually kinda surprised to look at her numbers and see that she's holding a very respectable 49% winrate that climbs up to 51% at Master+. I thought Lux would've pushed her out of that general niche of nuking support with a shield, but apparently not.

(Apropos of nothing, it's still really weird seeing Lux at basically the same pickrate as Janna.)
Her shield has always felt anemic compared to pre-rework and the 1.5 duration is a big reason why. I'd like if RE was also extended, but that'd probably be considered too much of a buff to support Karma.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Wow they didn't play test Morde at all he absolutely murders people.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Palemdromes posted:

He’s that good? drat.

Yesterday I didn’t have time to sit and work out a valid counter strategy and every game i queued for either had somebody in my team (trying to) choose him or the opposite team did so. Lots and lots of dodging as people who wanted him didn’t get him.

I instabanned him one game and my top lane spat the dummy insisting i gank him as jungle all the time to make up for it.

That’s all the evidence i need to keep justifying banning him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
You can literally duel support every time without much punishment.

then absorb the AP of that support and crush the ADC.