Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Avalerion posted:

What the gently caress nintendo, you won't be able to transfer pokemon to S/S that don't appear in it natively, game will be limited to the galar dex only. :psyduck:

Why the hell would they do this????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Avalerion posted:

What the gently caress nintendo, you won't be able to transfer pokemon to S/S that don't appear in it natively, game will be limited to the galar dex only. :psyduck:

That is the weirdest choice ever.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Oxyclean posted:

You'll only be able to transfer pokemon in the Galar region dex, from home?

I really don't like the sound of that.

Yeah, the Galar Dex better be 1.) loving huge and 2.) Include all the hits and classics and 3.) Include my trash babies and ice cream cones.

For real though, it'll be weird if that means no like, Mewtwo. Or like Blastoise.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Uh, what the gently caress Gamefreak.

Are they saving full dex compatibility for Sw/Sh2?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I don't know how the hell they think this is going to go over well

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Matsuda had like a six paragraph excuse for this choice, poo poo like it's hard that it's HD and so many expressions and balance.

Go watch it somehow, it's hilarious, he says it in six parts for the translator and it just gives such a bad vibe.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If they backpedal on this and have to make models for everything do you think it'll cause a delay?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

If you get your pokemon in Home, they are now Officially held hostage and threatened with murder if you don't pay up. They will have nowhere to go once they're in the "home"

Oh god, Home better be free with Nintendo online.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Like even FR/LG eventually let you trade other Pokemon in.

goddamit this is like the one thing that makes me want to wait and see what horseshit they try to pull.

RatHat posted:

If they backpedal on this and have to make models for everything do you think it'll cause a delay?

I mean they have models. That was the huge reason why Sun/Moon ran like poo poo, because the models were insanely future-proofed.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Is this like Gen 2 where they actually can't transfer because of some technical issue?

Because that's absolute horseshit.

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

Terrible news. Hopefully they patch it later or we get full pokedex capablities in the inevitablethird version/enhaced edition.

Or that Home is a little more interactive then bank, like Ranch, so that pokemon that can't be sent to gen 8 can still be seen in full hi res glory.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Zore posted:

goddamit this is like the one thing that makes me want to wait and see what horseshit they try to pull.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Can't wait for all of the original 151 to be available but only like 3 Kalos mons

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I guess its literally just they couldn't afford the budget to model every single pokemon and have to hard cut some of them out of the new game?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Matsuda had like a six paragraph excuse for this choice, poo poo like it's hard that it's HD and so many expressions and balance.

Go watch it somehow, it's hilarious, he says it in six parts for the translator and it just gives such a bad vibe.

Frankly it makes me want to hold off on using home until I get a guarantee I can transfer all my guys. I'm not playing the loving hostage game.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

Is this like Gen 2 where they actually can't transfer because of some technical issue.

Because that's absolute horseshit.

It sounded more like they dont want to have to maintain support for 900+ pokemon for every game going forward.

Home better not have a subscription. Right now Bank sub is acceptable because I don't have to leave pokemon in it. Having to maintain a sub so I don't lose my pokemon because i can't send them to a game would be lame as poo poo.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

If I lose my friend Ludicolo I will be sad.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This kind of thing was gonna happen eventually with the Pokedex getting more and more bloated with each game, but people are not gonna be happy about this.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zore posted:

I mean they have models. That was the huge reason why Sun/Moon ran like poo poo, because the models were insanely future-proofed.

That's what I thought. Its weird. Maybe they're doing a polish pass over them for S/S though? Hmmm.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
If they don't have Tyrunt I will boycott this game

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

I guess its literally just they couldn't afford the budget to model every single pokemon and have to hard cut some of them out of the new game?
They have all of the money, not having a budget isn't a thing. Not wanting to budget for it though...

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

It sounded more like they dont want to have to maintain support for 900+ pokemon for every game going forward.

Home better not have a subscription. Right now Bank sub is acceptable because I don't have to leave pokemon in it. Having to maintain a sub so I don't lose my pokemon because i can't send them to a game would be lame as poo poo.

They have to know this going to go over like a lead balloon.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
But check out that water gym leader.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Zedd posted:

If I lose my friend Ludicolo I will be sad.

it was literally a pokemon used in the raid battle so i would maybe bet money that you won't

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I think they were definitely testing the waters for this with LGPE. When they did well it probably seemed like a green light to start just dropping Pokemon support from future games.

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

Flopsy posted:

They have to know this going to go over like a lead balloon.

Especially after they just made a point about how they know people have been transferring their favorite pokemon through every generation when they revealed Pokemon Home. :psyduck:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Galar better have a massive loving pokedex but I get the feeling with the way he phrased it he's trying to ease into the fact they won't let you have some in the game. The inevitable third game better loving fix this issue because this is going to get all the backlash.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How long do you think it'll take for them to cave? A week?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Guess we know why the leaker was angry and upset now.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

RatHat posted:

Gen 9, at least.

Gamefreak, and Nintendo respond to fan feedback at a glacial pace.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
This is what we know is in the dex so far from trailers etc

https://pokemondb.net/pokedex/game/sword-shield

I would add all other gen 1 mons just because they can probably just reuse everything from Let's Go!

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

RatHat posted:

This is Gamefreak we're talking about. They don't care.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Then they should stop adding so many new pokemon!

IMO rather than adding a billion pokemon that kids can never learn all of the names of, they should focus on adding divergent evolutions to existing pokemon, or adding 3rd stage evolution to pokemon that only have 1 or 2.

Have more regional variations on pokemon, so maybe a charmander from Sword looks different from a charmander from X/Y.

Having to have ~150 new pokemon in every game is unsustainable and not even a good idea. They're starting to repeat, plus we get weird things like keys pokemon and ice cream pokemon.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Avalerion posted:

Well there goes any loving interest I had on this game.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.pokebeach.com/2019/06/an-anonymous-user-accurately-predicted-todays-pokemon-sword-shield-info

These have proven to be true so far.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

Gen 9, at least.

Gamefreak, and Nintendo respond to fan feedback at a glacial pace.

Yeah? Well I'll be keeping my pokemon on sun and moon until they get their poo poo together because I'm deadly seriously I'm not playing the "Whoopsie you didn't pay your sub ^_^" game.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

IMO rather than adding a billion pokemon that kids can never learn all of the names of, they should focus on adding divergent evolutions to existing pokemon, or adding 3rd stage evolution to pokemon that only have 1 or 2.

Have more regional variations on pokemon, so maybe a charmander from Sword looks different from a charmander from X/Y.

Having to have ~150 new pokemon in every game is unsustainable and not even a good idea. They're starting to repeat, plus we get weird things like keys pokemon and ice cream pokemon.

They keys and ice cream rule. also they are some of the few definitely in Sw/Sh lol.

Most games add less than 100 new mons, Sun and Moon only added like 70. Only Gen 1 and 5 added 150.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

They built their entire franchise around this. Maybe they should be making their games in preparation for the fact this is going to happen. The rest of your complaints about designs come across as bitter at this development my dude.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1138499552854626311

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

She looks awesome and I'm too pissed to fully appreciate her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Pokemon Home better be some kind of sprite based battle simulator.