Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Alxprit posted:

Trials of Mana has actually made my soul separate from my body for eternity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Secret of Mana's gameplay didnt age well enough for me to justify buying it a second time

I've bought it four times, I sure as hell will buy SD3 twice.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Do you think Trials of Mana will have some sort of secret true ending that can only be gotten by playing through everyone's paths?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
As in with each of them as the first pick? That would take forever!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The best part about a Trials of Mana remake is it means a Trials of Mana soundtrack remake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0FaXFR6wbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcgW8FaTpjo

Also hyped as gently caress for that one boss fight where you fight the boss while flying on Flammie.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Mega64 posted:

The best part about a Trials of Mana remake is it means a Trials of Mana soundtrack remake.

Depends on if they decide to have 8 different composers again.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Im loving the Trials of Mana translation so far.

Riesz is even more of a prim and proper straight edge dork
Angela is even Saucier
Hawkeye feels more mellow and honest
Charlotte is literally Elmer Fudd

Nice little touches of added character and chatter that dont detract either.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Shoenin posted:

Angela is even Saucier

...poo poo, I'm going to have to play two different runs with all six characters, aren't I?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Also, minor discounts on Switch for FF7/9/10/12 if anyone was on the fence. Will probably get better discounts down the line though.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 11, 2019

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Mega64 posted:

...poo poo, I'm going to have to play two different runs with all six characters, aren't I?

I'm currently looking at buying the collection today, and then buying a cart when it comes out in August (probably to just sit next to the japanese version I imported at launch).

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Mega64 posted:

You're gonna have to kill time waiting on the Trials of Mana Remake somehow

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I love they announced the remake before announcing the original game.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Yeah I thought the second I saw that they weren't actually going to bring the collection. Of the 3 games from my childhood that I was initially disappointed didn't come west, Star Ocean and Tales of Phantasia were content with just bringing remakes after the fact, but SD3 is doing both and that rules.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Release Live A Live and maybe Mother 3 (only maybe because the unofficial translation is already fantastic) and I'll be set.

Hell, I'll take Bahamut Lagoon too, I have a bit of a soft spot for that one.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

Mega64 posted:

After yesterdays Swerve with FF8 I was quite glad with this swerve
It looks as if it has effort. Soon as I heard that first second of Meridian Child, I immediately knew it was SD3.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I note that the new translation also gives Kevin a normal speech pattern instead of "me beast man, me talk good."

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Shoenin posted:

Angela is even Saucier

Man I was thinking I would just wait till the remake, but goddamn I might just replay Trials of Mana again for the umpteeth time for this

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Welp guess I'm buying Secret of Mana a third time because gently caress yeah SD3.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Sd3 is going to be on ps4 as well aww yis

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the remake you mean i assume?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Remake is coming to ps4 and PC as well yeah

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1138538061686378496

Rest
In
Pieces

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I don't doubt this.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Oh hey the Steam page for Trials of Mana is up already.

Goddamn I haven't been this excited about a video game in a good long while and it's a remake of a game I've beaten half a dozen times. Nostalgia truly is a hell of a drug.

And to think just yesterday I thought the biggest Square-Enix reveals from this E3 were FF8 remaster and Romancing Saga 3 in English.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

But how...I...this is going to be a trainwreck, isn't it?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I was edging on anywhere near the close neighborhood of the very border of maybe slight cautious optimism but yeah the remake's gonna be a goddamn mess

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I will eat several hats if they have even started concepting out the world beyond Midgar. I bet you Cid doesn’t even have a character model yet.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

lmao

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Chaotic Flame posted:

Was there any doubt?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

:lol:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think it's good that we'll still have more final fantasy 7 to look forward to when all salt-water fish have gone extinct and there is no farmable soil left on earth. a little on the nose, there, god, but it's become clear that's their humor

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

I mean, it looks like will still get one good game out of this...

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

Chaotic Flame posted:

Yes, yes it will. This is Square in a nutshell. Start a project and give no thought to the logistics. Then, when everything starts going to poo poo because of poor planning, they desperately scramble to salvage it.

It didn't have to be this way guys. The game is already made, you just had to bring the graphics into the modern age. But no, it has to be expanded into this massive bloated thing and then likely die of a heart attack halfway through completion.

HD DAD posted:

I will eat several hats if they have even started concepting out the world beyond Midgar. I bet you Cid doesn’t even have a character model yet.

Sad, but entirely accurate.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
All anyone ever wanted was an exact remake with new graphics and cleaned up translation...
So much easier to do and it'd make them tons of money

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Ehh I mean new play mechanics are definitely a welcome improvement but there is no need for a double-length midgar and then a a four hour disc 2 dlc in six years

Christ how is SE management so loving useless. I thought licensing a third party engine was a sign that they were getting their poo poo together.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Super No Vacancy posted:

i think it's good that we'll still have more final fantasy 7 to look forward to when all salt-water fish have gone extinct and there is no farmable soil left on earth. a little on the nose, there, god, but it's become clear that's their humor

we'll have to ring up the square offices and go "The planet's literally dyin', Kitase!" as every subsequent episode of FF7R starts to look more and more like our world

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
This goes without saying but the Mana games remake have local co-op right??

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

seiferguy posted:

I believe Secret does (don't quote me on that, not like I ever played it that way), but the other two don't/won't.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

seiferguy posted:

The Collection of Mana (Secret and Trials) games will still have co-op just like their original versions. The upcoming Trials of Mana remake will not have co-op cause they changed the combat system and camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Allarion posted:

The Collection of Mana games will still have co-op just like their original versions. The upcoming Trials of Mana remake will not have co-op cause they changed the combat system and camera.

Yeah, looking at the camera I can see they wont be able to do co-op which is incredibly disappointing :(