Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

FrankieSmileShow posted:

I spent most of my loving twenties drawing sprites for this, I'm not gonna just set fire to that out of loving spite for one guy who has been mismanaging it.

Very fair. I've just seen a lot of people fall into the sunk cost fallacy in my personal and professional life. But it sounds like you have the right attitude and are doing it for good reasons, as well as limiting your involvement for your personal sanity, so rock on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Im not working on this demo for Liam, I'm working on this because I want people to see and appreciate at least a little bit of the years worth of work that we have all put in this project, even if its a broken mess.

I spent most of my loving twenties drawing sprites for this, I'm not gonna just set fire to that out of loving spite for one guy who has been mismanaging it.

I know that he like, owns the project and the company or whatever, but that means gently caress all since this broken, incomplete mess is obviously never going to be put on sale for actual money.

We want a demo out on friday. Might take a bit longer. Its gonna just be a public demo available for everybody, not just to backers. When thats out, Im not touching this garbage anymore, unless a goddamn miracle happens and he gets it all actually back on track, and I'm not holding my breath.
I love you, Frankie. Thank you so much. God bless and godspeed. Looking forward to friday.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i will buy your spooky game when you release it frankie, you rule

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Im not working on this demo for Liam, I'm working on this because I want people to see and appreciate at least a little bit of the years worth of work that we have all put in this project, even if its a broken mess.

I know that he like, owns the project and the company or whatever, but that means gently caress all since this broken, incomplete mess is obviously never going to be put on sale for actual money.

We want a demo out on friday. Might take a bit longer. Its gonna just be a public demo available for everybody, not just to backers. When thats out, Im not touching this garbage anymore, unless a goddamn miracle happens and he gets it all actually back on track, and I'm not holding my breath.

It sounds like you have the right mentality about it, sorry if I came off as harsh. Cheers to you, I can't wait to see it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Frankie was the real Dark Drakerz all along

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm sure the few guys saying "no don't work on it just go back to your personal thing" think they're being all noble but trust me, you're not helping anything

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

The Ultimate Doge posted:

I'm sure the few guys saying "no don't work on it just go back to your personal thing" think they're being all noble but trust me, you're not helping anything

pretty sure we're just saying "don't go back to it if doing so is going to just reopen old wounds and anxieties"

nobody here is pestering Chef Boyardee to jump back in (cboy if you're reading this I hope you are well)

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
Gonna stream this now, https://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow if you wanna see a gaddam s h i t s h o w

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Gonna stream this now, https://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow if you wanna see a gaddam s h i t s h o w

Good luck...

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

FrankieSmileShow posted:

:peanut::swish::peanut:

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
:shittypop:

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh man they're so hosed without GZ

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

FrankieSmileShow posted:

When thats out, Im not touching this garbage anymore, unless a goddamn miracle happens and he gets it all actually back on track, and I'm not holding my breath.

So you're saying there's a chance

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FrankieSmileShow posted:

How spaghetti is this code

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Pomp posted:

How spaghetti is this code

More spaghetti than code.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

barkley 2: even the debug messages don't work

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

can't believe radium worked on barkley

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

going super smoothly so far

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

game looks really good shame about the unsalvageable spaghetti code

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

babypolis posted:

going super smoothly so far

People coming together to help via twitch chat warms my cold, dead kokoro

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

im no coder but it sounds to me like having to play a sound to even know if the debug mode works is like, really bad

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Barklie

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
If anyone wants to support Frankie for all his work now's a wonderful time via following or subscribing on twitch (but also buy his game when it's out). If you have twitch prime you can even "subscribe" to the stream for free (see the sub button next to the follow button upper right above screen)

E: Link to Frankie Stream Again (currently Barkley 2 dev) for very lazy:
https://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow

Truecon420 fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jun 11, 2019

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

barkley 2: even the debug messages don't work

Within a couple hours of uploading Barkley 3 my laptop stopped working entirely.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Current B2 frankie dev stream status:

Creating a new empty project with 1sec compile times and working debug mode, so we can create and test a log file logger script, to paste into B2, so that we can have replace the GMS default debug messages since B2 debug mode crashes the game and show_debug_message does not trigger in non-debug mode.

Captain Queernabs
Dec 25, 2005

Fig. 1: bonehorse
Pillbug
i will buy any frankie game forever. the promise has been made

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Bisse posted:

Creating a new empty project with 1sec compile times and working debug mode, so we can create and test a log file logger script, to paste into B2, so that we can have replace the GMS default debug messages since B2 debug mode crashes the game and show_debug_message does not trigger in non-debug mode.
and somehow the gamemaker studio tutorials for writing text to a file are failing within hearing distance of the project

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Bisse posted:

'If I did this in Barkley 2 every attempt would take 5 mins' LUL

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bisse posted:

Thank you, and thank him

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is an absolutely insane turn of events and I'm so loving glad I can be here to watch it happen.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

one one one two

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Taintrunner posted:

This is an absolutely insane turn of events and I'm so loving glad I can be here to watch it happen.

:same:

this is what I'm most excited about on this, the week of e3

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
E3 is nothing compared to this lol

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Thanks to the B2 folks working to scrape together a demo. You have wayyy more willpower than I would in that situation :v:

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

To hold over until Demo Day, found some of my old stuff in the old Cool Ideas landfill from way back in 2013 when it was the Ideas Man Fiesta. Little bit of insight on what kind of garbage everyone brought to the table.

----- Disco Moroder

Wrote a quest for getting a Disco Zauber. You would meet Disco Moroder and inspire him to spark a second wave of Disco using tunes you heard from a connecting 56K modem.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fasie4TZOx_o0vxd0fe9RKYXHsaUeavo

----- "A Baller I Was Meant To Be"

An idea for the at that point undefined b-ball minigame, later TTX, was your b-ball team at some point would start singing a ripoff of the "A Pirate I Was Meant To Be" song from Monkey Island 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9bXjttMxKY

Same thing, you would need to find the right answer that they can't rhyme on to shut them up. We would skip recording actual lyrics, but still time the music.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HDSyxD71Q3DajrDYHMmZ3AgrGWkwO5wi
The orignal song ends when when they can't rhyme on Orange, but here they would use the half-rhyme Lozenge and keep going.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jun 11, 2019

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A tribute to the greatest moment in the adventure game genre.

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
Even though Liam is at fault I feel sorry for him because his ultimate problem is just taking "the promise has been made" too seriously. I've known him for a while and the stuff some people see as being manipulative I see as being diplomatic, which he does naturally. Well maybe manipulative and diplomatic are the same thing from different perspectives, I don't know. But he never intended to gently caress anybody over. He's just not good at management. Or at least this specific type of management. He still has time to do the right thing and salvage his reputation as well as the game. Hope he does.

Anyway, really great work from Frankie today. That was like watching and rooting for someone in a movie

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

What's a true doom murderhead thing to name ones dog?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ItBreathes posted:

Barksley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

ItBreathes posted:

Dark Doggo