Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
He's just taking a hiatus from hiatuses for a while, don't worry we'll be back to our regularly scheduled hiatus in no time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Mods please chanfe the subtitle of the thread to A Hiatus Hiatus

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

:chloe:

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Go back on hiatus

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
:yikes:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I think those thoughts are Tomo-mom, not Tomo-dad.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I think those thoughts are Tomo-mom, not Tomo-dad.

They're actually Tomo-house's thoughts

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

RareAcumen posted:

Never go on hiatus again, cause I'm all on board with this development.:heysexy:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

RareAcumen posted:

uh jun is right there in the fourth panel

e: wow just wow

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Eldercain posted:

uh jun is right there in the fourth panel

e: wow just wow

nice

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I'm gonna a chalk this up to an awkward translation because i just cannot parse this.
My assumption is that it's the whole protective dad thing and I'll ignore the specific text.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I read the last panel’s text from the mom’s perspective: she wishes that Tomo-Dad would pay that attention to her. It’s still awkward, but I don’t think that this is any real indicator of things to come, just a weird one-off strip

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
It’s definitely Akemi speaking in the 4th panel because she uses Atashi. Gorou only refers to himself as Washi.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Huh, I only ever read that last bit as Akemi. Gorou is all bummed that his daughter is growing up and Akemi is a little jealous that he's (outwardly) giving his daughter more serious consideration than he typically gives his wife.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Mirage posted:

Huh, I only ever read that last bit as Akemi. Gorou is all bummed that his daughter is growing up and Akemi is a little jealous that he's (outwardly) giving his daughter more serious consideration than he typically gives his wife.

This was my first impression as well.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Same

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Yup. Directly followed on from "she's the cutest girl" with "I'm jealous" from the mother to me.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Im very hype

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Leg broken, eye swollen shut, shoulder dislocated, severe concussion, Jun finally manages to defeat Gorou only for Berserk Akemi to reveal herself as the true final boss.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

RareAcumen posted:

Leg broken, eye swollen shut, shoulder dislocated, severe concussion, Jun finally manages to defeat Gorou only for Berserk Akemi to reveal herself as the true final boss.

:darksouls:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Jun defeats Gorou only to immediately pass away from his injuries making the entire thing completely pointless. The Manga then ends on a close-up of Tomo's face and then cuts to black.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

"game... boy"

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Leg broken, eye swollen shut, shoulder dislocated, severe concussion, Jun finally manages to defeat Gorou only for Berserk Ferris to reveal herself as the true final boss.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Is this canonical?

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Extremely.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
The Carol hug has been right in front of us the whole time.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

The realization that Namtab not only lost, but never had a chance in the first place.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Get loving hugged, Namtab.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Happened outside comic, non-canon!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mulva posted:

Get loving hugged, Namtab.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

Happened outside comic, non-canon!

I agree. I'm in the carol will be hugged faction and don't think there's any need to settle for this.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was under the impression that the image was already brought up way back and it was decided that back hugs don't really count as a full-on hug.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Only if you adhere to Namtab's fanatical hug dogma, which is the ideology of madmen.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Tomo has returned folks

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Like all great martial arts films this will end with Tomo fighting both her parents simultaneously

M Condriano
Mar 22, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
That's an Mm of fear, he knows Tomo can beat his rear end and is hoping she doesn't realize it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
for once, tomo had a normal reaction to something and everyone else had peculiar reactions.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

Leg broken, eye swollen shut, shoulder dislocated, severe concussion, Jun finally manages to defeat Gorou only for Yanagida to snap his fingers and send us hurtling through another hiatus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

So we've finally figured out what unlocks Tomo's true power, it turns out you just have to be her dad when pissing her off.