Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Lot of things you can say against Steph but she's never pinned Roman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Incessant Excess posted:

Lot of things you can say against Steph but she's never pinned Roman.

She sold for him more at WM32 than Shane did at Super Showdown. :v:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I tried to listen to this and then you put two full minutes of nonsense at the beginning before you even started the show and I remembered why every podcast nowadays is a chore to get through

Thanks for the feedback. I have a couple shorter versions of the intro Omar recorded so I'll play around with those.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Alvarez was right.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Dave: You ever been in that elevator?
Bryan: Have I ever been in an elevator?
Dave: No, THAT elevator. I've been in that elevator many times.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

OctoberCountry posted:

Dave: You ever been in that elevator?
Bryan: Have I ever been in an elevator?
Dave: No, THAT elevator. I've been in that elevator many times.

Just got to that was peak dave and peak bryan response

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dave talking about Kevin Durant’s shoot injury was excellent

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

jesus WEP posted:

Dave talking about Kevin Durant’s shoot injury was excellent

Durant's injury was legit

Then bryan getting deadpan dave to respond to his obvious sarcastic question.

The Croc fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jun 11, 2019

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Bryan: Talk about the Sami-Shane segment.
Dave: I already did.
Bryan: Do it again.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
"Have you ever been in that elevator?"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TL posted:

and all so Bryan could go and watch the video to confirm that he was, as usual, wrong

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I love Bryan but he's gotten much more irritating to listen to in the past six months or so

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/steveaustinbsr/status/1138468753870430208?s=21

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

TL posted:

Dave: I have nothing new to say about it!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Low Desert Punk posted:

I love Bryan but he's gotten much more irritating to listen to in the past six months or so

i love him. secret plan was 10 years ago, he needs to forever be a little gremlin that latches on to whatever wack poo poo he thinks of.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

yea ok posted:

i love him. secret plan was 10 years ago, he needs to forever be a little gremlin that latches on to whatever wack poo poo he thinks of.

His refusal to admit that gray hair dye existed was another good bit

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZwVEX-AEc4

OctoberCountry fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jun 11, 2019

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

OctoberCountry posted:

edit:

I haven't heard this in ages and forgot how funny this entire bit was.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Low Desert Punk posted:

He's got a 2nd child on the way and his entire livelihood centers around reviewing an entertainment program that is rapidly circling the drain and driving off its audience

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

don’t observer subscriptions generally go up when WWE’s product is going through particularly wretched spells?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

don’t observer subscriptions generally go up when WWE’s product is going through particularly wretched spells?

Basically. Bad news and rants tends to be more entertaining content. A decent amount of people even here (certainly myself) were first drawn to the service because of the Bryan and Vinny TNA rants going viral, for example

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I subscribed in 2015 because I wanted to hear the retro shows from 1996 :shobon:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They got so much traffic after Backlash last year that their host thought they were being DDOSd

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

The link to last night's wor is linking to a wol. Anyone have the right link? I tried what I thought it should be and couldn't get it

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer is back with tons to talk about including RAW from Monday night, the build to Stomping Grounds, a Kota Ibushi update, AEW, Ric Flair being sued, mailbag questions and tons more. A fun show as always so check it out~!

* duration: 50:51

* Published: 11/06/2019 09:52:06

* Episode Download link (47 MB): https://www.f4wradio.com/podcast/061119wol.mp3

* Episode feed: F4daily - http://www.f4wonline.com/feed/f4wdaily.rss

EDIT: That link looks wrong, but my RSS downloaded it okay :confused:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

jesus WEP posted:

Usually the opposite. Punk winning the title at MITB was a ginormous uptick for them, as I recall.

Though I suppose the two aren't mutually exclusive.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

TTBF posted:

He's got a 2nd child on the way and his entire livelihood centers around reviewing an entertainment program that is rapidly circling the drain and driving off its audience
IS it his entire livelihood? He's basically a full-time BJJ instructor.

Luke72w
Oct 28, 2011

Unlovable
From what I've gleaned, I think the F4WON website is doing better now than it ever has - not sure about total subscriptions though as I'm sure the late 90's was ridiculous. The site has only been around in its current form for about 12-13 years and Meltzer is more of an accessible public figure now than he ever was due to his social media presence. It's kind of like how Russo used to claim in the 90's that every fan was exposed to insider wrestling news has now become pretty accurate, 20 years after him writing horrible television based on that premise.

It was also a year or two back that Bryan started dipping his toe back into the indie scene and kept exclaiming how there was so much more money in it now than there was before and a few months later he was announcing his return to the ring. That is to say, I think Bryan and Dave are doing alright.

davidbix posted:

IS it his entire livelihood? He's basically a full-time BJJ instructor.

BJJ instructor on top of maybe still doing gymnastics training? Not sure about that one. He also has the new book coming out along with The Death of WCW which I'm sure does pretty well, and the independent wrestling he does. It seems to be enough that his wife is able to do Whale Scout full time, and I don't know the specific finances of that, but it seems like a straight non-profit/charity sort of deal so that's cool.

Luke72w fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 12, 2019

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I was operating under the assumption that the instructing was small private classes and was making much less money than hanging on to Dave.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

TTBF posted:

making much less money than hanging on to Dave.

I would not be subbed if it weren't for B&V shows. Dave is obviously the news and analysis draw when it comes to F4W but the entertainment value Bryan provides is substantial in my opinion.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TTBF posted:

I was operating under the assumption that the instructing was small private classes and was making much less money than hanging on to Dave.

Way, way less.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I don't listen to the Garrett shows :twisted:

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

TTBF posted:

I should have been more clear: At least while I was writing for them, especially later on, it seemed as if Bryan's time was monopolized by the BJJ classes with the minimal work he does on the site for his 50% actually supporting him.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

I would not be subbed if it weren't for B&V shows. Dave is obviously the news and analysis draw when it comes to F4W but the entertainment value Bryan provides is substantial in my opinion.

:same:

Switching from actually watching through the Monday Night Wars to subscribing and listening to the retro shows instead was the best decision ever.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

jesus WEP posted:

the entire gold boat rant was about them hoping WWE does good because then subscriptions go up

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

davidbix posted:

I should have been more clear: At least while I was writing for them, especially later on, it seemed as if Bryan's time was monopolized by the BJJ classes with the minimal work he does on the site for his 50% actually supporting him.

Lol you sure know how to hold a grudge, my lord

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

minimal work on the site lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davidbix posted:

I think most people who teach or do fitness or martial arts at a high/competitive level are pretty much consumed by them even if they make little or no money off it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

OctoberCountry posted:

edit:

He's such a weird little man :allears:

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol you sure know how to hold a grudge, my lord
Against people who shamelessly lie to me about my work, my income, and my livelihood, especially knowing that I would discover that they were lying to me within a week? Certainly!

MassRafTer posted:

I think most people who teach or do fitness or martial arts at a high/competitive level are pretty much consumed by them even if they make little or no money off it.
I mean as a business, though, not a larger pursuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
State of you, pathetic.