Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
https://youtu.be/CBRLNAtEB_Y

Why these guys just gotta keep ripping the wound open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Diabetic posted:

Listen, if I didn't get bouncing, heaving, hugely swole Steve Rogers nuts. No one ain't gettin' poo poo.

Super soldier serum, super soldier side-effects. Dude's packin' raisins

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

McSpanky posted:

Super soldier serum, super soldier side-effects. Dude's packin' raisins

He's the embodiment of human perfection, I refuse to believe his satchel isnt full of throbbing hard melons.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Erdricks posted:

wanna buy brevik a hotdog, he's such a games dad.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Erdricks posted:

Brevik helped on DDO's free to play transition? That's cool, I still play it to this day.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Erdricks posted:

Superman doesn't kick!

Edit: I'll be honest, the last few minutes where Brevik is talking about how nobody will ever get to play the game again made me tear up a bit.

PureRok fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jun 11, 2019

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
So how about that avengers game saying they want to expand that roster and content after release eh, icr where are you to singlehandedly support this release so it doesn't quietly die 3 months later

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

HebrewMagic posted:

So how about that avengers game saying they want to expand that roster and content after release eh, icr where are you to singlehandedly support this release so it doesn't quietly die 3 months later

i think there was a pre-show outcry for him to not support it so it doesn't become the next coming of Anthem

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

But the devs were already trying to make it look like the next Anthem in their marketing material at E3. Except even Anthem had a budget to work with...

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
it's deff sub-anthem right now, anthem showed gameplay(fake) and avengers didn't even get that far

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
There were parts of that video that are gameplay, just with any ui turned off. I thought they were pretty obvious.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Saint Freak posted:

There were parts of that video that are gameplay, just with any ui turned off. I thought they were pretty obvious.

There were parts that appeared to be in-engine, it would be generous to suggest it was gameplay. In either event, none of it looked good. Especially less than a year out.

Zaodai fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 11, 2019

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I was talking to some dudes in a Discord I'm in and was regailing them with tales of Marvel Heroes madness. What are everyone's favorite examples of Gazquality? They got a kick out of Squirrel Girl's squirrelbones.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
In-game "clock"

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Removing bosses from the game but not removing the quests that required you to kill those bosses.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Saint Freak posted:

In-game "clock"

seriously nothing sums up Gaz better than the fact that it took them like 3 years of constant begging to code an ingame clock and then it was always wrong

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Strange Matter posted:

I was talking to some dudes in a Discord I'm in and was regailing them with tales of Marvel Heroes madness. What are everyone's favorite examples of Gazquality? They got a kick out of Squirrel Girl's squirrelbones.

item budget

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

procs that increased stats because they were easier on the server than permanent stat increases

Hauki
May 11, 2010

If you asked me to intentionally design a clock that was perpetually wrong by significantly variable amounts yet still bore some tangential relationship to commonly accepted time standards, I wouldn’t quite know where to begin

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Hauki posted:

If you asked me to intentionally design a clock that was perpetually wrong by significantly variable amounts yet still bore some tangential relationship to commonly accepted time standards, I wouldn’t quite know where to begin

I think I'd just start by programming it like a regular clock, but making its understanding of a minute something other than 60 seconds (and possibly making a second slightly off from standard). That way you'd have creep in it, but the difference in the minute and the second would have it seemingly gaining on "real" time at some points and then being too slow in others with no rhyme or reason.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
You remember how their loot rolls were an initial roll and then a sub-roll? That but it's a % to proc every minute for a roll of X minutes.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

You remember how their loot rolls were an initial roll and then a sub-roll? That but it's a % to proc every minute for a roll of X minutes.

lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

lol

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Zaodai posted:

Removing bosses from the game but not removing the quests that required you to kill those bosses.
Ha ha when did that happen, I don't remember that.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Strange Matter posted:

Ha ha when did that happen, I don't remember that.

One of the Midtown reworks that changed which enemies could spawn, if I recall correctly.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

they had to remove moleman because hes a fantastic four villain but couldnt be bothered updating the midtown daily/weeklies

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Strange Matter posted:

When i started Marvel Heroes it was shortly after they started to finally fix the initial poo poo launch, but the big issue at hand was there was a lifesteal core that was quietly removed from the game. Instead of just saying that they said that dev was on vacation so no one in the office knew what was up.

Also fun was that during one of the lead ups to the anniversary patch included either the lead dev (Doomsaw) or the community Manager (Ryolnir) releasing the forthcoming loading screen which included a whole bunch of people plus an "unannounced hero." The hero was Rogue, who was already announced as coming but someone just done forgot about that so you had people combing for pixels about who the mystery hero was.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Strange Matter posted:

Once they released some items that gave xp and loot bonuses to everyone in vicinity when they were used. They stacked in duration. So dozens of goons got together in boon parties and used theirs simultaneously. This usually crashed the instance we were in. By the time the game was shut down I still had several weeks of that xp bonus remaining despite playing semi regularly

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I went to one of our last boon parties and everyone else got like a million years of XP bonus and I got less than 24 hours. poo poo was just so unbelievably buggy and hosed up

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Friday patches so new bugs couldn't be hot fixed. Like the one where green orbs were worth several times what they should be so I leveled my Sqigs to purple 60 in 30 minutes.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Oh who else here remembers Fiskmas and still hears that sound of breaking office windows when thinking about that map?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Ya'll should be watching the Nintendo Treehouse Stream, they're showing Marvel Ultimate Alliance and it looks quite a bit like Marvel Heroes.

link

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

MUA3 gonna own

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

in the Direct there was a thing about Xmen/Marvel Knights/FANTASTIC FOUR expansions in the fall which sounds great though idk if that means just characters or more content in general. either way it's cool that they are working on even more stuff post-launch.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Strange Matter posted:

One day I logged into Midtown Madness with Emma Frost and was surprised to find that my minion could one shot everything, including bosses.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Elsa Bloodstone in MUA3, that's cool.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Elsa Bloodstone in MUA3, that's cool.

And Spider-Gwen.

I'm too excited right now. There are 3 games coming out for the Switch in July that I want. I had to limit it to just 2 and boy was that a tough choice.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Remember the time they gave Hulk a stacking buff that wouldn't expire if you zoned while it was active so people were just pingponging between map portals to get it as high as they could?

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Dr. Strange's bug where his Daggers of Shub-Niggurath (or whatever the gently caress they were called) cast by his clones would keep getting stronger from round to round in X-Defense until they were one-shotting everything in wave 150+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Strange Matter posted:

Turning the graphics up to max made the game run better than low settings.