Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Junpei confirmed as Miyamoto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Rantasmo is back :neckbeard: to talk about pinkwashing and how Youtube is a cesspit of hate :sigh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzd4NhcqbRg

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Just think about all the work we'd have to do guys :(

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Well I was 1/8th right.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

Junpei confirmed as Miyamoto

we're gonna end it on Doomguy and Goku

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

dr disrespect recorded in a public bathroom multiple times at e3 and got banned

hopefully banned permanently because what the gently caress

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

dr disrespect recorded in a public bathroom multiple times at e3 and got banned

hopefully banned permanently because what the gently caress

This is really underselling that he was filming the backs of multiple unaware guys standing at the wall of urinals, and at least one looked underage.

Unimaginably loving stupid.

And he'll probably be back in a few days to record numbers because money.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

As in secretly recorded people’s dicks like Chuck Berry? Or just incidentally recording people’s dicks?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Psychepath posted:

This is really underselling that he was filming the backs of multiple unaware guys standing at the wall of urinals, and at least one looked underage.

Unimaginably loving stupid.

And he'll probably be back in a few days to record numbers because money.

how is it so hard for internet-famous people to not be so fuckin awful, goddamn

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
https://twitter.com/RLewisReports/status/1138604345614667776
That appears to be a supercut of at least 3 separate bathrooms that he just filmed in without anyone knowing.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Who is Dr Disrespect anyways?

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Terrible Opinions posted:

Who is Dr Disrespect anyways?

Twitch streamer who won an award for 'Best Streamer' at some event, which resulted in people going, 'wait, who's this guy? Never heard of him.'

Later, it came out he cheated on his wife. A ProtoJared, if you will.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

How many normal people are just one or two hits of microcelebrity from becoming total monsters and amoral hedonists? I only trust youtube people who hate attention and feel trapped by the whole thing and respond to being greeted on the street by running to hide. Unrelated: welcome back Rantasmo!

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
He looks like an Onion columnist photo come to life

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

When I first saw DrDisrespect I thought he was someone dressing up for a parody skit but he's a real dude, apparently. Oh, and my first exposure to him was when he was racist to Chinese players.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
He's an ex game dev who lucked into the trifecta of making Twitch money at the perfect time: playing a cocky dipshit rear end in a top hat character, streaming 8 hours of PUBG every day, and high production values.

Turns out he might be wearing a wig but he isn't playing a character.

Also a Trending Gamer winner like Boogie. Almost like trending gamers are earth poison.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Psychepath posted:

He's an ex game dev who lucked into the trifecta of making Twitch money at the perfect time: playing a cocky dipshit rear end in a top hat character, streaming 8 hours of PUBG every day, and high production values.

Also a Trending Gamer winner like Boogie. Almost like trending gamers are earth poison.

Halfcoordinated was robbed. :smith:

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

Twitch streamer who won an award for 'Best Streamer' at some event, which resulted in people going, 'wait, who's this guy? Never heard of him.'

Kind of fitting that a guy known for streaming is in hot water for filming other people's streams.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

how is it so hard for internet-famous people to not be so fuckin awful, goddamn

-you don't get famous, especially internet famous, if you are normal to begin with
-if you somehow do so in spite of being normal, the state of being famous in and of itself will break your mind.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
DrDisrespect also had the hilarious apology video where he apologized to both his wife for cheating and his dumb sponsor gang bullshit for letting them down and it was the most hilarious thing.

But yea what the gently caress, why was he even filming bathrooms? I thought it was gonna be like 'gotta vlog while in this bathroom washing my hands or whatever, internet culture baby' but no dude was just filmin folks pissing what the gently caress

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
if your twitch stream doesn't have piss how can you even call it a stream

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Psychepath posted:

https://twitter.com/RLewisReports/status/1138604345614667776
That appears to be a supercut of at least 3 separate bathrooms that he just filmed in without anyone knowing.

if this doesn't net him a permaban from twitch then lmao

pre-emptive lmao since he is way too big to be permabanned for this even though it's extremely fuckin illegal

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
DrDisrespect did inspire people to do this though so it's at least sort of funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps0Yu2sN1Gg

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Psychepath posted:

TotalBiscuit got that award too. The theory seems sound.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

if this doesn't net him a permaban from twitch then lmao

pre-emptive lmao since he is way too big to be permabanned for this even though it's extremely fuckin illegal

Forget about twitch, how does this not net him jail time?

Edit: I guess from reading a bit it's not clear-cut whether it was criminal. Weird.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 12, 2019

Booklegger
Aug 2, 2008

FWIW Kim, his name is pronounced "Lock" Faircloth. Lauch is short for McLauchlin.

gently caress him tho, he became a politician so he could fight against people who wanted him to stop dumping pigshit wherever he wanted. We replaced him after one term with.... huh... John Edwards. So that went well for us.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Why do I feel like I never hear about these Youtubers or whatever until they do something really lovely?

I had no idea who this DrDisrespect guy was until today.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Roth posted:

Why do I feel like I never hear about these Youtubers or whatever until they do something really lovely?

You dont hang out in the spheres where they're popular I guess?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Who livestreams in a public restroom? That's just dumb.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tired Moritz posted:

Who livestreams in a public restroom? That's just dumb.

Well everyone, technically.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Firm handshakes all around.

Again, I am left flummoxed as to what the guy could possibly be thinking about. I mean...Dr Disrespect is nearly freaking 40, older than most of the big Twitch streamers by kind of a way -- you'd expect him to know better, wouldn't you? He's not generally known as an IRL streamer but jeez...all of the many young idiots who do that sort of thing, who act like complete arseheads and do plenty of other sorts of stupid poo poo -- I can't recall many of them being busted for something as stupid and as easily avoidable as streaming in a public bathroom. I mean, just leave the loving cameraman outside! Exactly what content are you going to get in a toilet that's worth...y'know, possibly losing your channel or indeed getting into freaking legal trouble? Madness.

This is so stupid that one of the main reasons I can think of for this is that it was intentional. He can't have not known this would land him in hot water. Maybe the channel's dying on its arse lately and he wants some publicity, so do something like this? I don't know. And yeah, he's probably only gonna be suspended for 24 hours to boot.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
I don’t know about you guys, but I only watch toilet streams. It’s the new hot poo poo.

Some of my best streams happen there.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Kim Justice posted:

He's not generally known as an IRL streamer but jeez...all of the many young idiots who do that sort of thing, who act like complete arseheads and do plenty of other sorts of stupid poo poo -- I can't recall many of them being busted for something as stupid and as easily avoidable as streaming in a public bathroom.

It was literally the first IRL stream he's done and he managed to gently caress it up immediately :lol:

https://twitter.com/drdisrespect/status/1138538490809819136?s=19

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

poparena posted:

Nick Knacks is back with an hour-long look at Lassie.

Hate to see this lost amidst all the talk of some doofus filming himself in a public bathroom. I learned a lot about Lassie!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

A stream in addition to a live stream on twitch could also mean a stream of liquid like pee, I wonder if you can make some jokes out of this

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

he pissed his career away

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

he made a wee mistake

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

he crossed the streams

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Roth posted:

Because despite being "Massively popular" they're still only niche celebrities. The only reason I know who Dr. Disrespect is is from seeing clips/memes about him when idly scrolling through what's popular on reddit during my lunch break so if you're not seeing r/PUBG and/or r/livestreamfail you were pretty much never going to hear about him unless he did something lovely, or you got into the twitch pubg/fortnite streaming crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Dabir posted:

he crossed the streams

Jesus christ