Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

someone check the gaps in Eastern European leagues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Is there a rating for players' roasting of a girl they picked up at a pub which their mates film on their phone? Because I think the white players would excel at that.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

There’s a big dip on every graph that’s right around Neymar’s skin tone so maybe it’s just individual players that are skewing results.

Perhaps Neymar is weighted 100 in FM while some player in the Peruvian 2nd division is only weighted 1. The player in Peru has reversed 15 controversial referee decisions and performed open heart surgery on the pitch but his league weight is so low it doesn’t matter. And Neymar is a oval office.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

sticksy posted:

Is there a rating for players' roasting of a girl they picked up at a pub which their mates film on their phone? Because I think the white players would excel at that.
There needs to be a Thick-headedness rating for players' tendency to just do dumb poo poo. I don't mean like missing training or publicly criticizing teammates. I mean like Liam Ridgewell wiping his rear end with money or Paul Gascoigne eating cat poo poo pie.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

speaking of Neymar being a oval office, you can judge a man by the company he keeps:
https://twitter.com/jairbolsonaro/status/1136479876373000194

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Troy Queef posted:

speaking of Neymar being a oval office, you can judge a man by the company he keeps:
Neymar's always been a Bolsonaro supporter hasn't he?

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Crazy Ted posted:

Yeah, he and Felipe Melo are loving idiots off the field. Juninho Pernambucano is literally the only Good Player with a working brain.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Vinestalk posted:

Yeah, he and Felipe Melo are loving idiots off the field. Juninho Pernambucano is literally the only Good Player with a working brain.
Why it's almost as if most footballers aren't famous for their brains!

but Neymar really is especially stupid

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Vinestalk posted:

Felipe Melo is a loving idiot on the field as well.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Troy Queef posted:

Which thread was the guy who asked why we're all so mean to Neymar lol

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Crazy Ted posted:

Heurelho Gomes too, I think.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Pretty much all Brazilian footballers are, there was a big stink when Alisson was seen supporting him as well.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/miqdaad/status/1138821778497843200

quote:

Higgins was acquitted at a previous trial in the early 1990s which allowed him to return to his job and continue his abuse.

Southampton FC has issued an apology to the victims and said it had launched an investigation.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsenal-coach-banned-fined-suspended-girl-referee-tears-u9s-epl-a8957036.html

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Well done, she’s 8.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Well done, she’s 8.

Class

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I’m totally blanking on what “little p***k” would be.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

blue footed boobie posted:

I can only assume "punk", unless there's a UK specific profanity I don't know.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

blue footed boobie posted:

:thunk:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
wtf it’s obviously prick

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Ah, 3 stars not two. yeah, prick would do it. Seems odd to call a little girl but there you go.

Why do they have a child ref at a game anyway?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
to be honest calling a little girl a prick is hilarious

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Zaodai posted:

Ah, 3 stars not two. yeah, prick would do it. Seems odd to call a little girl but there you go.

Why not? It's an under 9s match and it's good to have people learning to ref at youth level too?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

i was about to ask too

i was like, is there some awesome british expletive I don't know about? are people calling people "pussy gently caress" ?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Bundy posted:

Why not? It's an under 9s match and it's good to have people learning to ref at youth level too?

Well the ref got a real education that day. I dunno, just seems like if you're having official club teams out there playing, even at that surprisingly young age, then you'd want a ref who was a bit more in line with dealing with adult expectations. Here in the States, I didn't play on the real serious travel league teams but even then the refs were adults so they could shrug off having beer cans and obscenities hurled at them all game.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Zaodai posted:

She wasn't a child. She was between 14-18 (officer...).

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Mickolution posted:

She wasn't a child. She was between 14-18 (officer...).

Wouldn’t a teenager also qualify at 13 or 19

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Zaodai posted:

even then the refs were adults so they could shrug off having beer cans and obscenities hurled at them all game.
throwing out a crazy idea here but maybe it’s not the age of the ref that’s the problem

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Zaodai posted:

Here in the States, I didn't play on the real serious travel league teams but even then the refs were adults so they could shrug off having beer cans and obscenities hurled at them all game.

They shouldn't have to.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

jesus WEP posted:

throwing out a crazy idea here but maybe it’s not the age of the ref that’s the problem

Refs must provide their own zorb bubbles to roll around the pitch with, insulated from abuse. After extensive studies we have determined such restrictions would have no deleterious effect on refereeings already high standards.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

sassassin posted:

They shouldn't have to.

Sure, but that doesn't mean they won't? Unless attaching a clubs name to it is way less serious than it seems, but they've got a dedicated coach on a payroll, and it's not like there's a great track record of people not being assholes at soccer games.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Mrenda posted:

Refs must provide their own zorb bubbles to roll around the pitch with, insulated from abuse. After extensive studies we have determined such restrictions would have no deleterious effect on refereeings already high standards.
maybe parents could conduct themselves with the slightest shred of self respect?

No, it’s the the snowflakes that are the problem

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
She was asking for it, dressed like that.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

jesus WEP posted:

maybe parents could conduct themselves with the slightest shred of self respect?

The problem is a top down one, as much as grassroots. Start handing out yellow cards for any player giving the ref abuse during a game while also removing/banning parents from the pitch-side. It'll be a murderous few months but it'll sort itself out.

Edit: I realise the post of mine you quoted can be interpreted as saying the refs need to toughen up. I didn't mean that. More that refs do need protection and the level of abuse they'll get will end up with them in zorb bubbles, medieval armour, or, as is happening, no-one getting into low-level reffing at all.

Mrenda fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 13, 2019

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Yes, but I read an article from another source (can't remember where) that had those ages. The Times article on it said that refs need to be 14+ to take charge of a game.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

My point is also not that you should get only the hardest motherfuckers on the planet to ref, but that while "they shouldn't have to take abuse" is all well and dandy, they DO take abuse and that's unlikely to stop anytime soon, so you need to be sure the people you're throwing to the wolves are ready to be torn apart, because they're not exactly being protected. It's not quite as bad as Brazil or something where people are running on the field and stabbing refs, but it's not great.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

jesus WEP posted:

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Ah, The Adam Johnson defence.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

RideTheSpiral posted:

wtf it’s obviously prick

It never occurred to me that prick was something you’d have to redact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Game's gone OP