Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

I don't know or care who that is, but supporting animal farmers is insanely dumb. That's a huge contributor to climate change and a cause of obesity, diabetes and coronary heart disease. Nobody farming animals should get government incentives to do so; it should be the opposite.

xtal has issued a correction as of 00:53 on Jun 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i loving hate scheer for sucking the dairy cabals dick

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

i loving hate scheer for sucking the dairy cabals dick

The good news is there's a political party catering just to your viewpoints

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
elections are the best time for peoples weird pet issues to come out

i hope we can have an attack ad focus entirely on the "dairy cabal"

like some guys with a bunch of milk just laughing and eating cereal while they plot the doom of a single mother in a grocery store

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

i remember there was that idiot dnd poster who was so obsessed with the price of cheese he was making cheese runs across the alberta border and voted for whatever party had the best cheese policy

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
cultural imperial?

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
At first I thought that was a lot of cheese for a single mom.

Then I remembered Conservatives won't put up with broken crackers and cold Camembert.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

infernal machines posted:

cultural imperial?

Ethnic Han don't eat cheese.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I want to support Canadian dairy but the loving quality of the cheese here is just so god drat lovely. Same with the milk. Completely tasteless. Unless you get some small-batch local cheese but you'll be paying out the rear end for it.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

McGavin posted:

Ethnic Han don't eat cheese.

i wouldn't have thought so, but he had a serious hate-on for dairy farmers

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

autism ZX spectrum posted:

I want to support Canadian dairy but the loving quality of the cheese here is just so god drat lovely. Same with the milk. Completely tasteless. Unless you get some small-batch local cheese but you'll be paying out the rear end for it.

what?

you know you don't have to buy cracker barrell, right? like, ivanhoe make perfectly good cheese and it's available in supermarkets

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

let’s discuss balderson too, or fresh curds

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

huh, i didn't realize they were owned by parmalat. but yeah, they've got some good aged cheddars.

i don't think i've ever had fresh curds tho

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

holy poo poo, you should fix that. probably don’t have to go farther than...Kitchener? hmm

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
No wonder Quebec hates anglophone Canada so much.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Ooh. I just checked and they have them at the store in Ivanhoe on Hwy 62. I'm out there a few times a year so I'll bug my friends to stop in the next time we're passing through.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
The state of Canadian camembert and brie is just abysmal, the blue cheeses are so-so. The stinky cheeses are never stinky enough. I haven't had any kind of cheese made in Canada that was good good. It always seems like it's missing something, like depth or texture. It's hard to explain, but when you compare it to cheese you get in Europe it just absolutely doesn't stack up. Not to mention they loving price their sub-par Canadian cheeses at the same price as fancy imports. Pizza mozzarella here owns bones but it's so boring.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

incontinence 100 posted:

No wonder Quebec hates anglophone Canada so much.

jealousy?

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

why woudl anyone be jealous of a ford run ontario rn

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

incontinence 100 posted:

why woudl anyone be jealous of a ford run ontario rn

sorry, i accidentally thought there might be more to "anglophone Canada" than ontario.

i don't know why tbh

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

infernal machines posted:

sorry, i accidentally thought there might be more to "anglophone Canada" than ontario.

i don't know why tbh

BC is 1/3 chinese dialect, 1/3 punjabi so checkmate whites

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

boy do i have some news for you re: brampton, mississauga, and markham

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The state of Canadian camembert and brie is just abysmal, the blue cheeses are so-so.

Hmm, yes. This checks out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN1Zo15WQPQ&t=131s

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

The state of Canadian camembert and brie is just abysmal, the blue cheeses are so-so. The stinky cheeses are never stinky enough. I haven't had any kind of cheese made in Canada that was good good. It always seems like it's missing something, like depth or texture. It's hard to explain, but when you compare it to cheese you get in Europe it just absolutely doesn't stack up. Not to mention they loving price their sub-par Canadian cheeses at the same price as fancy imports. Pizza mozzarella here owns bones but it's so boring.

Time is a flat circle.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Quebec has the ability to make good fun of the French and the ability to drink a ton of beer and get wasted of the British.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Quit threatening national unity, jerks :argh:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
quebec doesnt actually exist

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

The food at the UofW was pretty whatever from what I remember but they put Bothwell cheese on loving everything

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

DariusLikewise posted:

quebec doesnt actually exist

Ceci n'est pas un province

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://twitter.com/AriGoldkind/status/1138813107525038080

One thing I'd like to see is an amalgamation of everything from the last 20 years that's an attempt to import the American-style mass incarceration system to Canada. Thinking about stuff like the attempted introduction of private prisons, abolition of double time for pre-trial time served, the elimination of the Kingston farm, just the whole range of stuff.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

mandatory minimum sentences and victim surcharges

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

VSS is good as a concept.

Mandatory minimums are not.

Utilizing VSS as a form of mandatory minimum fine is lovely and bad, and judges are right for refusing to apply it to cons who are themselves victims.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

littleorv posted:

The food at the UofW was pretty whatever from what I remember but they put Bothwell cheese on loving everything

nvm, wrong UofW

Virtual Russian has issued a correction as of 19:11 on Jun 12, 2019

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Virtual Russian posted:

nvm, wrong UofW

I saw your pre-edit post and gently caress I haven't been to St. Jacobs in way too long.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Arivia posted:

I saw your pre-edit post and gently caress I haven't been to St. Jacobs in way too long.

I'm kinda poor at the moment so I haven't been in a bit. Specifically because I spend way too much, especially on cheese.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Arivia posted:

they have a pretty good craft brewery now if that's your sort of thing. I know most people itt hate rurality and small towns but if it's your thing it's worth a visit.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

There is a ton of good craft beer around there. Also coming from the maritimes I'd say that rural southern ontario isn't really rural. It feels like cheating when you have a small "rural" town wedged in between several metropolis. The real rural experience involves there being literally nothing of note within a day's drive, bands you like never even come to your region, and you still require 56k warnings on threads because your internet is that bad.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Virtual Russian posted:

There is a ton of good craft beer around there. Also coming from the maritimes I'd say that rural southern ontario isn't really rural. It feels like cheating when you have a small "rural" town wedged in between several metropolis. The real rural experience involves there being literally nothing of note within a day's drive, bands you like never even come to your region, and you still require 56k warnings on threads because your internet is that bad.

But enough about saskatchewan :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

People in KW complain to me endlessly about how boring and small time the city is. It drives me crazy, these people will never have to experience thinking of Moncton as a hub of civilization one could escape to for relief from the doldrums of rural living.