Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

More like Velveta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Dream's got a bright future of being paired with Lashley or folding into the New Day.

"Don't those people hang out together?" - Vince McMahon, probably

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Dream rules

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Dreams going to have a great time on the main roster when Vince decides he's Golddust.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/1138611750545371137

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Kissing Vince's rear end isn't going to do Dream any favors. He's DOA on the main roster. Good luck with Vince's beloved dancing gimmick.
Him wrestling Breeze was sort of eerie on the nose irony.

Not as bad as Shayna talking about all her opponents left for the main roster, though.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

For the human being behind the Tyler Breeze character, the one who has a family at home and a new wrestling school in Florida, NXT is a great position for him. He's beloved there, he'll probably get fast tracked into being one of their trainers and agents, and he gets to stay close to home.

But god, are they misusing his talent.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
There is nothing that will make me ignore a wrestler faster than lazily attempting to draw heat via Twitter

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

it's a brave move sucking up to Vince before your call-up but I don't think it's going to work out for him

I'd say he should thank his lucky stars he's not able to job to Lars while they care about him, but 1) gently caress Dream lol and 2) Dream is 100% one of those "give Lars a chance, he learned his lesson and anyway it's the fans' fault for bullying him about it" types

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Velveteen Dream's Twitter is an extremely high effort Ronda Rousey, proving that trying harder does not mean you can be better at something.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Low Desert Punk posted:

There is nothing that will make me ignore a wrestler faster than lazily attempting to draw heat via Twitter

it's so loving tacky lol, i think it's a company mandate though

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Neodoomium posted:

For the human being behind the Tyler Breeze character, the one who has a family at home and a new wrestling school in Florida, NXT is a great position for him. He's beloved there, he'll probably get fast tracked into being one of their trainers and agents, and he gets to stay close to home.

But god, are they misusing his talent.

It's really lovely for him if they haven't completely renegotiated his deal because otherwise he's going to be making his downside guarantee since NXT shows don't draw enough for decent payoffs.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

MassRafTer posted:

It's really lovely for him if they haven't completely renegotiated his deal because otherwise he's going to be making his downside guarantee since NXT shows don't draw enough for decent payoffs.

It may balance out without the burden of hotel rooms and rental cars. It's bullshit that we are forced to figure out which arrangement will put the wrestler in less dire straits rather than him just having a good contract that pays him what he is worth.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I love Jericho but lol at this comparison, last I checked Mick Jagger didn't drop Ozzy on his loving head in front of a nation of murderers

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it makes sense in that ozzy has to to piss and poo poo all over himself during shows because he can't control it and gets hosed off after

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

I love Jericho but lol at this comparison, last I checked Mick Jagger didn't drop Ozzy on his loving head in front of a nation of murderers
There’s a lot of stuff in the 80s that no one can account for. We can’t discount any possibilities

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Basic Chunnel posted:

There’s a lot of stuff in the 80s that no one can account for. We can’t discount any possibilities

Mitigating factor: Mick is REALLY skinny, could he even get Ozzman up for his patented finish, 19th Nervous Break Down?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

MassRafTer posted:

Oh I'm sure they're loving him on that stuff. That's why he runs a twitch side business with Corbin and Shawn Spears.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

https://twitter.com/TheLionMarks/status/1137963919253921793

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That's loving adorable :)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Awwwwwwwwwww!

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

i said in a discord that i was the one guy who shouted Ohio back when Moxley said where he was from, but this is way better than my white noise posting :3:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1138811147665018880

Lance with the slam

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lance owns and I'm glad he's way too boring to be a lovely person.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

Lance owns and I'm glad he's way too boring to be a lovely person.

Unfortunate how "interesting" often seems to mean "rear end in a top hat".

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I think Lance is interesting :shobon:

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Lance owns

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1138575046127915008

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Lance treats his LBGT Wrestling students very well.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dave talking about Nick Bockwinkel talking Daniel Bryan

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1138853827359068160
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1138853925195374592

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

IIRC bock told Roland to have Danielson win the whole thing at KOTI

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Yup Donovan Morgan was meant to win it and was not happy that they chose Bryan Danielson because of the Bock. Rip Donovan Morgan a footnote on history.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

If he'd said "were top talents a decade or so ago" I might be inclined to agree but...nah, they're nowhere near what they were in their prime

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/KairiSaneWWE/status/1138886563348254722

smh Kairi being an FF7 fan.

We all know the best single player FF was FF8.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
ff8 is not the best anything unless you mean best Quistis or best story that is bad or best leveling system that penalizes you, for some reason

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the disparity in story quality of those games is extremely minuscule. you start out being able to rank them very easily and the difference gets continuously smaller forever as life goes on. there is so much stupid poo poo in the taster's choice games like ff6 or 9 that doesn't make any sense or is clumsily ripped from some other popular media. the gameplay and setting and music is what really matters. and ff8 has poor gameplay compared to the majority of the other games in the series. therefore it's good

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MotU posted:

ff8 is not the best anything unless you mean best Quistis or best story that is bad or best leveling system that penalizes you, for some reason

best minigame

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

one of the best RPG tales, compared to the playstation 1 era, is the career mode story in madden nfl 2019. Man i just saw what thread this is. Sorry about this. i'm leaving out of here and i hope you all continue to be good or bad as hell based on what you want in life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Cavauro posted:

the disparity in story quality of those games is extremely minuscule. you start out being able to rank them very easily and the difference gets continuously smaller forever as life goes on. there is so much stupid poo poo in the taster's choice games like ff6 or 9 that doesn't make any sense or is clumsily ripped from some other popular media. the gameplay and setting and music is what really matters. and ff8 has poor gameplay compared to the majority of the other games in the series. therefore it's good

What about the Folgers games