Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

quote:

with higher quality animations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Yeah, fan favorites.

Like Avalugg.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Like I think I said before, if this means more time spent on making the actual game good and the environments pretty and the adventure immersive, fine. I don't need to have my Latias in every game if I can still stare at its 3D model in Home.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

bunnelby looks like a pokemon uranium original

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

omnibobb posted:

What if they use raids to introduce new moms to galar?

Pokémon - MILF Hunter Edition.

dumb bunny
Jan 30, 2014

Fun Shoe

Jazerus posted:

bunnelby looks like a pokemon uranium original

:mad:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

In this case he seems to be talking about the out of battle animations, which are usually quite complex, despite most players never actually seeing any of them. Makes me wonder why they really bother, like what would you prefer, another round of Pokemon Amie, or the 400 left out Pokemon?

They've really struggled with the advent of 3D and their best method seems to be railroading you into seeing all of the effort, otherwise what's the point?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Neo_Crimson posted:

Yeah, fan favorites.

Like Avalugg.

In early 2016, Nintendo polled half a million fans in Japan for their favorites and the #1 winner was Greninja. Notably, Arceus was #2 and most of the top 25 is legendary Pokemon.

There's a distinct possibility that the actual Fan Favorite wasn't among the fan favorites to get in. :psyduck:

That's the same poll where Simisear got least popular, but it means every other Pokemon has at least one fan to haven beaten it.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I’m sad that even if beedrill makes the cut, he won’t be able to go mega

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They know hackers are going to have all the Pokemon data dumped within minutes of the game leaking and I could see people arguing on both sides about if they were patching in Pokemon with Home. This way at least people get a few months to cool down instead of finding out a week before and cancelling a preorder after the game has been manufactured and shipped to retailers.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Dehry posted:

They know hackers are going to have all the Pokemon data dumped within minutes of the game leaking and I could see people arguing on both sides about if they were patching in Pokemon with Home. This way at least people get a few months to cool down instead of finding out a week before and cancelling a preorder after the game has been manufactured and shipped to retailers.

I am 99% sure the Red Chain and Loot Sack will still be in the item list.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Honestly, I am not too optimistic at Home either and I expect it to be merely Bank with an additional gimmick.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Crosspeice posted:

In this case he seems to be talking about the out of battle animations, which are usually quite complex, despite most players never actually seeing any of them. Makes me wonder why they really bother, like what would you prefer, another round of Pokemon Amie, or the 400 left out Pokemon?

They've really struggled with the advent of 3D and their best method seems to be railroading you into seeing all of the effort, otherwise what's the point?

Isn't there walking animations for every single Pokemon for Sun/Moon that we literally never see?

Anyway I agree with whomever 3 pages back who said the biggest fuckup was them not including the full Galar dex at the same time as this statement. Like as long as my top... even just ten, Pokemon are included, I probably won't end up caring about this. But I don't even think we know how big the full Galar dex is, let along who's being included. We've got no idea whether the cull is 20% or 50%. Shout out to the one person who'll shed a tear for the removal of Sunkern, by the way. Or Clamperl.

And if this is their way of permanently removing the Primal Weather Mythicals, good loving riddance; you fuckers made me quit online battling 'cause I was sick of needing to design teams around you.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

qnqnx posted:

Honestly, I am not too optimistic at Home either and I expect it to be merely Bank with an additional gimmick.

The additional gimmick will be that if your Pokemon isn't in swsh it's a nursing home.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Good to see Pokemon will revive the "Smash roster slot" discourse. Don't look forward at all to see what doesn't make the cut, because I sure bet every single gen 1 mon will be in, and I'm sure there will be plenty of boring mono-normal/water/grass types, plus a bunch of new ones.

I already feel like we could have done without Bunnelby. I barely even remembered he existed until I went looking up the the early SuMo mons for that gens' Ratata/Zigzagoon/etc.

e: is it confirmed Home has a sub? The idea that some mons will be basically trapped there seems lame as heck if you also gotta pay a sub.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Diet Poison posted:

Shout out to the one person who'll shed a tear for the removal of Sunkern, by the way. Or Clamperl.

It me :(

I dunno, I think this is okay, I can understand the desire to simplify a bit. So long as there are lots of very good friends *and* I can keep my 3DS pokemon safe.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Pokémon Megathread: Dexit means Dexit

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Watch Landorus sneak his rear end in

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Oxyclean posted:

e: is it confirmed Home has a sub? The idea that some mons will be basically trapped there seems lame as heck if you also gotta pay a sub.

We only know the transfer program is called Pokemon Home

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

It wouldn't surprise me if the game came out and all the cut Pokemon were still in there and just disabled.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Tbh I’m withholding judgement until gen 8 is over. We don’t know how many mons will be in other games of the generation. I wanna see what this actually looks like before I cry foul.

And tbh, the regional dexes in gen 6 and 7 were getting way too big and the new guys were being drowned out. I know it’s still likely that the new guys will be swallowed in a sea of gen 1 mons, but it’s worth a shot.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I didn't read most of the posts but the pokemon transfer thing is good if it means no gliscor

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

We know how important it is for all of you to hold onto the Pokemon you've had since Ruby and Sapphire. That's why we will lock them into our servers, and delete them if you fail to pay your Home subscription fee on time.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

"Pokemon can only transfer between 5 generations and then they die of old age." -Junichi Masuda, on gen 9 in a couple years, probably.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Man I can't believe they put a bullet into that squirtle

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Kurieg posted:

Watch ditto not be in the Galar dex.
masuda would literally get murdered

Gruckles posted:

We know how important it is for all of you to hold onto the Pokemon you've had since Ruby and Sapphire. That's why we will lock them into our servers, and delete them if you fail to pay your Home subscription fee on time.
I nearly had that happen with my livingdex in bank last month - I went to renew it and it had one day left. poo poo like that needs to be an actual subscription, not "you'd better fuckin' remember what day you first started paying for this"

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Blaziken386 posted:

I nearly had that happen with my livingdex in bank last month - I went to renew it and it had one day left. poo poo like that needs to be an actual subscription, not "you'd better fuckin' remember what day you first started paying for this"

Now imagine that scenario except they can't escape.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah i think how robust Home is will determine if i bother with this generation or if i'll just check back in in a few years

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I keep all the old Pokémon I really care about in current games anyway, and only use Bank to transfer them up. Bank is for the living dex (which I'm sure GF hates– they want us to catch em all, not mass transfer an entire pokédex in 10 min.)

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Bullshit they can't support all the Pokemon. This is a console, not a tiny handheld. Give the new ones time to shine by limiting before elite 4 like they have in the past.

They're breaking continuity, and they're using the format switch to do it.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

They don't delete your Pokémon Bank if your subscription expires. It stays there and you can still withdraw Pokémon, just not deposit.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

omnibobb posted:

What if they use raids to introduce new moms to galar?

“Trainers! Professor Whatshername has reported sightings of a Dynamaxed Dragonite in the wild! Collect three of your friends and defeat this strong dragon-type Pokemon to add Dragonite and its pre-evolutions to your Galar Pokedex. Happy hunting!”

And then you can transfer the whole line in and Game Freak keeps people who aren’t engaged in competition/breeding/shiny hunting engaged through out the Gen 8 life cycle?

If they were smart they would implement this, or something like it, ASAP. Hell if they had done it right they could have made this a selling point of sorts, like "We'll be releasing with the Galar dex but we will be adding in other favorites through patching on an ongoing basis, so keep playing yadda yadda" and by the time Gun rolls around they'll have already done the work to implement the rest without making the entire fandom go ballistic.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
There is a pretty simple solution to all this, just make Pokemon Home into Pokemon Stadium, Import all your Pokémon in, trade and battle online, take part in online tournaments for Pokecoins that you can use to purchase costumes for your Pokémon. The whole thing funded with micro transactions, it’ll make billions. Given that all you guys are going to be rolling full teams of Wooloo anyway it’s not you particularly need to bring in all your Pokémon into SxS.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Gruckles posted:

:nallears:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
They basically need to make Pokemon home free forever then, if pokemon transferred into it could for some reason not get moved forward.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

mikemil828 posted:

There is a pretty simple solution to all this, just make Pokemon Home into Pokemon Stadium, Import all your Pokémon in, trade and battle online, take part in online tournaments for Pokecoins that you can use to purchase costumes for your Pokémon. The whole thing funded with micro transactions, it’ll make billions. Given that all you guys are going to be rolling full teams of Wooloo anyway it’s not you particularly need to bring in all your Pokémon into SxS.

This is such a simple solution, and I really want it to be to true, but I don't have any faith in it actually happening.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

mikemil828 posted:

The whole point of this is that they don’t want to need to create animations and models for 800+ Pokemon(and even more in the future). So the simple solution to have them do that in a different game instead?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
You know what, I don't mind you only being able to transfer Galar Dex Pokemons if there's a Continental Dex and you get to capture those Pokes in Dynamax Raids. Hell, I'll actively drive to your houses and delete your living Dexes if I can get a game where you can Catch 'Em All (except the version exclusives because GF still gotta fleece us).

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

RatHat posted:

The whole point of this is that they don’t want to need to create animations and models for 800+ Pokemon(and even more in the future). So the simple solution to have them do that in a different game instead?

THE ASSETS ALREADY EXIST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
They're using the same animations for Bunnelby they used in X/Y, "create" my rear end.