Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I will slaughter robber barons by the dozens to reunite with my fuckin bee.

I remember the slightly less cute fly version hitting like a truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

RatHat posted:

https://twitter.com/LeaksPokemon/status/1138589275900039168?s=20

Apparently this is the same person from the previous leak but I’m skeptical since Gigantomax Tapus seems very unlikely...

dang this sounds sick. swoshi looking better every day

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

not sure i trust that further leak exactly since someone could be looking to just emulate the actual leaker, so unless we get some sort of confirmation otherwise i'm just going to assume that

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
you know, it occurs to me, there probably would've been a little bit less backlash if instead of saying nebulous things about "game balance," masuda said "hey, you know how learnsets and tm compatibility and egg moves and move tutors change every generation so you don't get OP poo poo too early? we have to do that. and it's kind of annoying to do so for pokemon no one's gonna touch anyways."

but outright saying things in japan and in PR is fuckin' taboo, so he went and pissed everybody off

outside of dex talk though, any predictions for pokemon, like, in general? Given wooloo's description, I have a feeling that it or an evolution is gonna learn rollout, and we'll have Whitney 2 on our hands

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I feel like I'm the only person not losing their absolute poo poo about this. I mean, it's not ideal and I understand why people aren't pleased, but am I just the only one who doesn't transfer Pokemon? I like making new friends :shobon:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Blaziken386 posted:

you know, it occurs to me, there probably would've been a little bit less backlash if instead of saying nebulous things about "game balance," masuda said "hey, you know how learnsets and tm compatibility and egg moves and move tutors change every generation so you don't get OP poo poo too early? we have to do that. and it's kind of annoying to do so for pokemon no one's gonna touch anyways."

but outright saying things in japan and in PR is fuckin' taboo, so he went and pissed everybody off

It'd also have less backlash if we knew if Pokemon in Home but not Galar had anything to do or if it is a digital purgatory.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Wake up to the reality that you were never allowed to catch em all.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What if they put half of the past Pokemon in Galar and the other half in a remake of Diamond/Pearl?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
What's frustrating is that you know all 150 first gen Pokemon will be included. But the best Pokemon, like Trubbish and Chandelure, were introduced later so they might be on the chopping block.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Waffleman_ posted:

I feel like I'm the only person not losing their absolute poo poo about this. I mean, it's not ideal and I understand why people aren't pleased, but am I just the only one who doesn't transfer Pokemon? I like making new friends :shobon:

i think mostly people just want the option to do both. realistically a lot of people probably play fresh their first time through and then import old pokemon later on

i don't know for sure since i haven't bought a pokemon game since ruby and i mostly follow this stuff because new stuff is exciting, honestly

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Waffleman_ posted:

No, me neither, but I initially came into this conversation with a "Well this doesn't effect me so who cares" mentality and have been trying to dial that back.

I think there are a lot of people who won't mind this or even care that it's a thing but it's the most hardcore who are going to notice and they're the people most likely to talk about it to begin with.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Gripweed posted:

What's frustrating is that you know all 150 first gen Pokemon will be included. But the best Pokemon, like Trubbish and Chandelure, were introduced later so they might be on the chopping block.

this

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Gripweed posted:

Garbodor is in, Serebii has a pretty big list of guys who've been confirmed.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Garbodor is in, Serebii has a pretty big list of guys who've been confirmed.

I don't like Garbodor, I like Trubbish.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

What if they cut Wooloo

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Gripweed posted:

Well it'd be odd to have the evolution but not the base form, I just tend to think in terms of evolved forms because I'm competitive smogon scum.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

this, but unironically

Quite frankly offended you think I'm being ironic

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
hmm. this is still bullshit

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Well it'd be odd to have the evolution but not the base form, I just tend to think in terms of evolved forms because I'm competitive smogon scum.

It'd be odd to not let you transfer your Pokemon into a new Pokemon game. All the rules are out the window, nothing is forbidden.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

What if they cut Wooloo
*ahem* I believe the proper term is shear wooloo, thank you

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Waffleman_ posted:

What if they cut Wooloo
If Mareep isnt in to meet it's BFF Woolooo I will legit be upset for 10 minutes.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

freshly peeled wooloo

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

RatHat posted:

Apparently this is the same person from the previous leak but I’m skeptical since Gigantomax Tapus seems very unlikely...

On top of the image file thing someone mentioned, the writing style just seems different than the actual leak, and this talks about planned future content, when the original was clearly someone who played the game early up 'till the fourth gym.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Zedd posted:

If Mareep isnt in to meet it's BFF Woolooo I will legit be upset for 10 minutes.

gal pals

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Zedd posted:

i know someone who was planning on Team Fluffball as soon as they saw wooloo - mareep, whimsicott, jumpluff, that new flower pokemon, etc.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Gripweed posted:

same

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

For all this (understandably) being upset your fave might get lost in translation. When has Pokémon ever been about the maximum graphical fidelity.

Sure making all mons at least look decent in Sw/Sh should be the baseline, but if they worry about forwards compactability. Would a massive fan of say idunno Miltank be really upset if the Gen 11 model still looks like a slightly polished gen 8 Miltank? Sure we want all of our faves but I think most fans would be happy with their fave looking "okay" if that means they are still included, over them either looking up to date or just be excluded.

This isn't me trying to excuse Gamefreak's resources or priority's but moreso pointing out that I think GF/Nintendo not realizing most fans can understand with the amount of mons there are not all of them get the most attention each gen.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also up until X/Y in 2012 there were some Pokemon like Graveller who were using models from the original Japanese Pokemon Stadium in every 3D game.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Zore posted:

Also up until X/Y in 2012 there were some Pokemon like Graveller who were using models from the original Japanese Pokemon Stadium in every 3D game.
you know, as a kid, I didn't realize XD and collosseum had N64 models, better N64 models, and Gamecube models all next to each other. I was just like "wow cool pokemon" and "holy poo poo waillord"

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I logged back into Bank for the first time in forever, but I'm pretty sure I had more than two the last time I checked

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Blockhouse posted:

No, me neither, but I initially came into this conversation with a "Well this doesn't effect me so who cares" mentality and have been trying to dial that back.

I think there are a lot of people who won't mind this or even care that it's a thing but it's the most hardcore who are going to notice and they're the people most likely to talk about it to begin with.

It's not just hardcore competitive people. It's also people who have gotten attached to specific Pokemon (not species, specific individuals) who've transferred them through multiple games to suddenly find out they can't anymore. There's way more people like this than you seem to imply.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

FRLG Softboiled Clefable still lives :woop:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I will break into gamefreak and make every pokemon available but only on certain seasons.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

It sounds silly but when you market things around having an emotional connection with your data files, people will get upset if something looks to be left behind.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
This all seems like a cover for them not having the time to implement every Pokémon in time. So I expect Super Sword and Super Shield in Q1 2021 and suddenly a full National Pokédex with it.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i'm willing to accept this sacrifice if it finally banishes landorus-t to the shadow realm

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RatHat posted:

Another reason this is possibly fake: They wouldn’t put in gigantomax Pokémon that you can’t get at release, and since the Tapus will probably need to be imported from Home(if they’re in the game at all)...

RatHat fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jun 13, 2019

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I like bringing along some of my favorites (shinies I found by pure chance instead of through specifically breeding or trading for, or a couple pokemon that I hadn't cared much for until I was forced to use one for a nuzlocke/wonderlocke run) for 2nd/3rd/etc runs through a game, but it's hard for me to be too upset at the moment. I'm disappointed, but I also just want to know more info. I think that's the main thing with a lot of people; they came out and announced this (I assume to give people plenty of time to get used to the idea, since Home isn't launching until a few months after SwSh) but there's a lot of unknown information. I feel like they might have been better served by waiting until they were ready to announce the details. There will still be people who are upset, but I think most people would be more accepting if we knew what was what.

I hope that they try to make sure it's balanced across all generations, so that every generation has pokemon missing, and not just "we'll include everything from gen 1 and 2 because we don't want to piss off the old people who've only played those games and got back in with Go/Let's Go, most cuts will come from newer generations because gently caress those guys".

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wingull are terrifying now.

https://i.imgur.com/uepSF2D.gifv

Their wings not moving freak me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I really hope there are only that many because of the rain...