Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:yeshaha:

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1136775827205644293

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Oh gently caress I need to see that.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
We found the guy to dethrone Nick.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

coconono posted:

Oh gently caress I need to see that.
:yeah:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
are old GCW shows on any of the streaming gimmicks

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bard Maddox posted:

are old GCW shows on any of the streaming gimmicks

Bunch of old shows are on Fite

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/aiwrestling/status/1137067368113459205?s=19

I'm unreasonably excited for this match. Night 1 also has Lee Moriarty vs Colt Cabana, Nick Gage vs AJ Gray, and MJF vs Savio Vega announced.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
reminder that Beyond is running a show in Boston from historic Fanueil Hall Marketplace on Sunday, should be streaming at 3 PM

since the show sold out so quickly before a card or anyone was announced, the card is going to be a mystery show

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

sorry oatgan but i hope joey kills the baby man

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Joey McChrist posted:

sorry oatgan but i hope joey kills the baby man

Ahem, It’s Mr. Oatgan

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

if low ki deigns to grace that slob with his presence he will kick his head off

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Draxion posted:

https://twitter.com/aiwrestling/status/1137067368113459205?s=19

I'm unreasonably excited for this match. Night 1 also has Lee Moriarty vs Colt Cabana, Nick Gage vs AJ Gray, and MJF vs Savio Vega announced.

Safety first!

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Is Low Ki more reliable now? Does he actually show up to shows?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Low Ki has been accused of going into business for himself after he missed an independent show during WrestleMania weekend. The WWE and Impact Wrestling alum posted a video to YouTube in which he addressed his missing his match with Matt Riddle at GameChanger Wrestling’s “Bloodsport” event. Low Ki said that he was injured while training for the match, but had met his obligations by flying to New Orleans in an attempt to allow his use on the show. As such, he claimed, he should be able to keep the deposit he received for the event. 

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

That's the one where Riddle and Suzuki had an awesome match on basically zero notice, right? Low Ki did everyone except whoever bought his flight a favor.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Low Ki was making dates for MLW last I checked.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

coconono posted:

Low Ki was making dates for MLW last I checked.
Low Ki, like Austin Aries, makes dates until he gets mad about something, which is actually an admirable quality in a human being, because workers are exploited far too often.

Unfortunately, in both cases, it happens with a degree of regularity that calls their credibility into question.

It doesn't help that they both take themselves way too seriously and have giant egos.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

Low Ki, like Austin Aries, makes dates until he gets mad about something, which is actually an admirable quality in a human being, because workers are exploited far too often.

Unfortunately, in both cases, it happens with a degree of regularity that calls their credibility into question.

It doesn't help that they both take themselves way too seriously and have giant egos.

It’s not admirable if what you’re mad at is usually dumb as poo poo.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

An extremely reliable and stable man

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I guess this is a good excuse to post my Low-Ki webinar review: https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/fightful-exclusive-low-ki-s-webinar-did-not-make-much-case-his-self-improvement-courses

As for Title Match's YouTube issues: Have they said if it was explained that the "reused content" flag was for specific videos or the whole channel? Because I could totally see some of the RF shoot clips—among other things—triggering the dumbass duplication filter. I should reach out to Google PR for the heck of it: AIW's demonetization turned out to be a "mistake" when I asked Google, though IIRC there was no reason given that time. (Google, meanwhile, claims that there's no larger policy issue or anything affecting wrestling content.)

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

davidbix posted:

I guess this is a good excuse to post my Low-Ki webinar review: https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/fightful-exclusive-low-ki-s-webinar-did-not-make-much-case-his-self-improvement-courses

As for Title Match's YouTube issues: Have they said if it was explained that the "reused content" flag was for specific videos or the whole channel? Because I could totally see some of the RF shoot clips—among other things—triggering the dumbass duplication filter. I should reach out to Google PR for the heck of it: AIW's demonetization turned out to be a "mistake" when I asked Google, though IIRC there was no reason given that time. (Google, meanwhile, claims that there's no larger policy issue or anything affecting wrestling content.)

you aren't mr. rovert at all

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I got hit with a DMCA hosting suspension because someone customized their PSP-TV room with an AEW logo, digital content rights are goofy as hell.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

An extremely reliable and stable man

lmao whats the backstory on this

e: I found out. http://botchamania.com/2012/08/21/low-ki-high-demands/ incase anyone else is interested

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
I really should buy tickets to that. So deranged and azreal even still wrestle?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Azrieal has been in Canada and NY/NJ indies for a bit. Deranged was gone from December ‘16 until late this April, he’s been back for a few matches

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

I'm just amazed they found Ghost Shadow.

Azrieal is low key great these days, though. His match with Jungle Boy at ICW's February show, Party and Bullshit, was maybe the sleeper of the night and is well worth going out of your way to watch on IWTV. (That's also the card with Scott Steiner vs. Nick Gage, among other things.)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wait scott steiner vs who?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

STONE COLD 64 posted:

wait scott steiner vs who?
The King Nick loving Gage

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1138954286539378689

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Congrats to the Quitman for completing his career goals after leaving the fed.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Mancer is working Loser Leaves stips with MLW and AAW.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1138970854329597952

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Mancer is working Loser Leaves stips with MLW and AAW.

He’s worked every show for my little indie here in Columbus so far but he’s not on the next one, which is the same night as FyterFest

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Steady Hossin'

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/TheProductDS/status/1139004225470566402

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Beyond announced Shane Mercer vs Dickinson next week for their Uncharted Territory show.

Beyond also announced a 60 min iron man match for Janela vs Starr at Americanrana, which yikes maybe??

AIW's big singles and tag tournament is this Friday & Saturday. First round on Friday, Tag tournament early Saturday and 2nd round on Saturday night. All of which is on Fite.tv

24 man tournament:

Savio Vega vs MJF
Eddie Kingston vs Zach Thomas
Dominic Garrini vs Erick Stevens
Tim Donst vs Marko Stunt
Louis Lyndon vs Kid Kash
Dr Daniel C Rockingham vs Mance Warner
Lee Morriarty vs Colt Cabana
KTB vs Flip Kendrick
Pat Buck vs Hornswoggle
AJ Gray vs Nick Gage
Tre Lamar vs Joshua Bishop
Danhausen A.D. vs Matthew Justice

Tag Tournament:

Eric Ryan & Bobby Beverly vs Derek Director & Eddy Only
Weird World vs Philly Collins & Mario Tengalia
Jollyville gently caress Its vs Wes Barkley & Joshua Bishop
Spirit Squad vs. Cheech & Colin Delaney

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Janela doesn't strike me as a stamina guy. He seemed blown up against Statlander tonight toward the end, so an iron man match should be interesting to say the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Oh hey, Tim Donst is still around.

How does GCW afford all these fly-ins and name talent? They can't be doing THAT well, and it seems like they run shows all the time.