Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faillen Angel
Aug 30, 2018
Nino's actually pretty usable in vanilla FE7; she just has to contend with Pent being a GOAT, plus mages in general not being too useful in FE7's endgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

The game won't even display Fir's aid score. It doesn't want to. It's so bad the whole interface broke.

the boulder

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

You should use isadora.

I would be tempted if I hadn't just promoted and booted a sniper who's better in every single way :doh:

Keldulas posted:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I can't steal it!

Oof! And those staves, too.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Even in randomizers, no one likes Isadora.

Faillen Angel posted:

Nino's actually pretty usable in vanilla FE7; she just has to contend with Pent being a GOAT

And Lucius and Canas who basically do the same thing, and even Erk who could easily be promoted by the time she shows up.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

vilkacis posted:

I would be tempted if I hadn't just promoted and booted a sniper who's better in every single way :doh:

Okay, but hear me out.
Two snipers.

Also, dont you want to prove this guy:

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Even in randomizers, no one likes Isadora. I mean, those are great bases, but level 1 at this point...oof. But then again, I always train up Nino, so who am I to talk?
wrong?

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I would have been tempted if I hadn't written this update a week ago.

27: Mean, Green Kill-Stealing Machines

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

That's pretty on point, randomizer.

Speed aside, that's a really friggin' good sniper.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Maybe Guy catches Hawkeye while he was training Igrene to do archery? Also, I dig Isadora's palette and her golden armor.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Ramos posted:

Speed aside, that's a really friggin' good sniper.

And movement.

And you can't even do rescue shenanigans because no one can lift that.

Minus Green posted:

Maybe Guy catches Hawkeye while he was training Igrene to do archery?

okay I've decided that this is canon now.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I liked the Three Houses reference.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I was thinking, maybe the game randomizes drops based on team composition. Which could explain all the axes you've been getting from chests and stuff since you have so many axe users in your party and on the bench. No less frustrating but still, theories.

Sorites
Sep 10, 2012

I thought it took more than three updates to cause this, but the Curse has come for me.

The FE9 randomizer is on indefinite hold pending some medical issues I should have seen coming but didn't.

Sorry y'all.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sorites posted:

I thought it took more than three updates to cause this, but the Curse has come for me.

The FE9 randomizer is on indefinite hold pending some medical issues I should have seen coming but didn't.

Sorry y'all.

I am sorry to hear that as it has been a lot of fun reading what the randomizer has put you through.

Hopefully things all work out in regards to your medical issues.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Sorites posted:

Sorry y'all.

Try randomizing the issues, maybe you'll get something good out of it.

But no, seriously, your health's first. We can wait.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Sorites posted:

Sorry y'all.

Blaze Dragon posted:

seriously, your health's first.

:emptyquote:

Taking care of yourself is always more important than playing video games for the internet. Even when the video games are hilarious.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I am totally jealous of your triple bard action, I've only rolled one so far and he's in WALLACE'S spot.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Keldulas posted:

I am totally jealous of your triple bard action, I've only rolled one so far and he's in WALLACE'S spot.

So pretty likely to reappear, given the route split seems to use raw level because it assumes you can't promote the lord trio yet?

Faillen Angel
Aug 30, 2018
If you promote a lord early, it doesn't count them as 21+, so you're likely to get the low level chapter unless you deliberately hold back promotion.

Chapter 4: The game takes it easy.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
The thoughts of perfect levels in 6 confuses and frightens me

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Faillen Angel posted:

If you promote a lord early, it doesn't count them as 21+, so you're likely to get the low level chapter unless you deliberately hold back promotion.

Chapter 4: The game takes it easy.

Please stop using the Devil Axe so much, you're going to give me a heart attack. Like Fir, I do not have the CON to take the constant fear of self-inflicted death.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Keldulas posted:

Ouch.

Man it sucks getting a good character in Wallace's slot :rolldice:

Faillen Angel posted:

I don't know if a bandit's ability to destroy villages is tied to the bandit "character" or the class, but I wanna be safe.

It's tied to the AI of the character. Anything that used to be a brigand/pirate in vanilla will go after villages regardless of their new class. But, say, a nomad who randomed into brigand should not.

I think I read somewhere that the "destroy village" function is just the regular visit command, but does different things depending on faction. Every character technically has access to it.

Also :lol: that :h: con.

Welcome to the club!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Please stop using the Devil Axe so much, you're going to give me a heart attack. Like Fir, I do not have the CON to take the constant fear of self-inflicted death.

Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste of death but once before the game is reset.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Dare we hope for a return of Fir the Axe Magnet?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Even in randomizers, no one likes Isadora. I mean, those are great bases, but level 1 at this point...oof. But then again, I always train up Nino, so who am I to talk?

Isadora is also my Kent replacement

She's good, op

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

vilkacis posted:

Also :lol: that :h: con.

I suppose it's too much to hope for it to FEDDOP into infinity?

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

FoolyCharged posted:

So pretty likely to reappear, given the route split seems to use raw level because it assumes you can't promote the lord trio yet?

I actually wasn't aware of the requirements for him to reappear, just that he doesn't always. That's actually good for me (if a bit sad because he comes in pretty late) because my Eliwood replacement is painfully bad. I got him to level 8 as thief and his STR/SKI/SPD is 6/7/6. My lances rolled way too dangerous for him to consider, and the enemy swords all double and kill him on any fights. He can technically fight axes, only that devil/emblem axes are both swordreavers, and the enemies keep being swords/lances most of the time (or Hectors, who he can't scratch).

So I should be able to get Wallace guarenteed, if a bit late.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

28: An Actual Problem

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Isadora is also my Kent replacement

She's good, op

Please keep us updated on Good Isadora. Mine is making me depressed.

Nick Buntline posted:

I suppose it's too much to hope for it to FEDDOP into infinity?

Con, probably not? I'm not sure. Other stats definitely will wrap around, though!

Oh yeah, and I missed this:

FPzero posted:

I was thinking, maybe the game randomizes drops based on team composition. Which could explain all the axes you've been getting from chests and stuff since you have so many axe users in your party and on the bench. No less frustrating but still, theories.

It's possible! I don't really know anything about the inner workings of the program.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I feel like this seed is trying to tell you something.

Trying to really hammer something home.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

:catstare:

You.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Man, the randomizer really warps my thinking. I was thinking, 'Hammers are great!', forgetting that not everyone rolled Brave Hammers.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Weeble posted:

I feel like this seed is trying to tell you something.

Trying to really hammer something home.

I think you hit the nail on the head

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

vilkacis posted:

Please keep us updated on Good Isadora. Mine is making me depressed.

So this may or may not be a good Isadora, but she's been blowing things up so much that her lack of speed is barely a detriment. Still very easily killed, admittedly, but has a shitton of power behind her to delete anything in one hit. She replaced Bartre in my run (apparently; had to check the cheatsheet log to confirm that), and definitely started out with 1 Speed and 1 Skill. For reference I'm in chapter 20.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Are we going to see Assassininian? Does she promote the normal way or by plot or what?

Faillen Angel
Aug 30, 2018
In FE7, you can promote normally, but the Plot promotion will revert you to your base class.

In FE8, the plot promotion sets you to Eirika Lord and Ephraim Lord.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Faillen Angel posted:

In FE7, you can promote normally, but the Plot promotion will revert you to your base class.

In FE8, the plot promotion sets you to Eirika Lord and Ephraim Lord.

So does this mean that Guy could hypothetically promote three times? Once from Corsair to Berserker, then plot promote (demote?) to Corsair and go back? Do stat bonuses stack if this happens, or do they revert?

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

10: The Art(ur) of War

:siren: Since we've hit the route split, I'm opening up where we go from here to a vote. Which route should we go with first? Also, when I tackle the other route, should it be from this same seed, or should I start a new game and see how things go? If one of those options win, I won't bore you guys with a retread of the first 10 maps again - instead, I'll have a mini-update once I've played through them, showing off the party I'll be using going into it.

If it helps inform your decision, here's a comparison shot of the two lords, as of the end of Chapter 8 (the -5 on Ephraim is from a seal skill)

Vote here! I'll call the vote in about 2 days.

Faillen Angel
Aug 30, 2018

marshmallow creep posted:

So does this mean that Guy could hypothetically promote three times? Once from Corsair to Berserker, then plot promote (demote?) to Corsair and go back? Do stat bonuses stack if this happens, or do they revert?

When depromoted, stats above the cap will revert to Corsair's caps (ie; all 20).

Chapters 5 and 6: things get weird in this one

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I...don't understand what you're going on about at the end of the update. :confused:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

FPzero posted:

I...don't understand what you're going on about at the end of the update. :confused:

The support broke, giving wolt 100 hit, 99 damage and a 90%crit rate.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Harken and Isadora changed classes in my run, but remained the same recuit-time wise.

Pent and Louise...ended up replacing Nils and Ninian, which is just...it's hilarious, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

If that's what it is then I got confused by what sounded like them being angry at the situation. Unless it's because they wanted someone else to get the boss kill and it took that away from the person. I was looking for something like game irreversibly messing up their run for the...severity of the reaction.