Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

The T-34-2 is giving me multiple aneurysms.

T-34-2 owns.

loving lol I went to get my T-34-2 position picture and was pleasantly surprised by what popped up before it now.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jun 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

BadLlama posted:

How do I share [IMG] pictures on this wonderful site now?

Right click on the image you want posted on this forum from imgur into a new window and copy that address.

code:
[img]*IMGURLHERE*[/img]
Or

code:
[timg]*IMAGEURLHERE*[/timg]

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

What the gently caress do I have to do to buy a win?

Uninstall the game. It is the only way to win.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Katamari Democracy posted:

code:
[timg]*IMAGEURLHERE*[/timg]

I had to manually add the .jpeg at the end of my file not sure why imgur was/is dropping that off now? I dunno.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I think I am up to 20 losses in a row. I just.... gently caress.

I just got the T44, need one win to get the turret to get the gun. Lost 5 or 6 in a row so far.

All of my teams are melting. I cant stop it.

Edit: Side note, is it worth it getting the T-44 top engine?

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 11, 2019

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mesadoram posted:

I think I am up to 20 losses in a row. I just.... gently caress.

I just got the T44, need one win to get the turret to get the gun. Lost 5 or 6 in a row so far.

All of my teams are melting. I cant stop it.

Edit: Side note, is it worth it getting the T-44 top engine?

Yes.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

MariusLecter posted:

Then the SU-100 said for everyone to report me for "Inaction".

Wow, I only just now noticed this guys username.

I'm thinking this person definitely ponied up for a name change.

Same with this guy.

(Blind shot them to death on Province in my M10 Franch Wolverine. Predicted his location and Relocations LOL)

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

McGavin posted:

What's with the dents?

Lol the original MX518 has this metallic paint that looks like it has dents in it. :3: Hey I think I sent mine to Marius, isn't that right?

2Jets posted:

Anyone have any tips for doing SPG 15-3 (stun assist > 2500hp & be the top XP getter). I'm using the M53 but I can't get the top XP part.

I don't even know if that's doable anymore. :stare: Considering arty has been nerfed and 100% of your XP will be shared with a spotter, I'm thinking it's going to be nearly impossible to get top XP.

The T-34-2 is giving me multiple aneurysms.

BadLlama posted:

T-34-2 owns.

loving lol I went to get my T-34-2 position picture and was pleasantly surprised by what popped up before it now.

I thought I was the only one who didn't mind the T-34-2! It was the 34-1 that pissed me off (no armor, no depression) whereas the 34-2 with the 100 mm was a fairly nimble Type 59 with regular MM.

BadLlama posted:

I had to manually add the .jpeg at the end of my file not sure why imgur was/is dropping that off now? I dunno.

By default you get an URL that brings you to a page with the image on it; mouse over the image and at the top right should be a tooltip/pop-up thing for more links. I always pick the one that's already formatted with [img] tags.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Did they release any new T8 recently that might be good for Frontlines next week?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Atomizer posted:

I don't even know if that's doable anymore. :stare: Considering arty has been nerfed and 100% of your XP will be shared with a spotter, I'm thinking it's going to be nearly impossible to get top XP.

Ummm

Edit: looking again, I think the conqgc also would have finished the mission. However, that person wouldn't be with honors since winning is usually a requirement for honors.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jun 11, 2019

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Atomizer posted:

I thought I was the only one who didn't mind the T-34-2! It was the 34-1 that pissed me off (no armor, no depression) whereas the 34-2 with the 100 mm was a fairly nimble Type 59 with regular MM.
I had a great time with the T-34-1 but the T-34-2 refuses to co-operate, despite the fact that it's practically the same tank (complete with crappy armour and -5 gun depression). Being one tier higher really doesn't do it any favours considering the negligible firepower increase over the T-34-1 vs what opposition it now faces, and the absurd number of TD's per team at Tier VIII (thanks WG) makes sneaking around a flank almost impossible (on those rare occasions where the poo poo map design even allows it).

No Fun Allowed.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So basically stick with the KV-2 and terrorize T6 matchmaking. Sounds fun!

Once in a while they also sell the KV-2 Armageddon, which is a Warhammer 40K themed premium KV-2. It's amazing.

MariusLecter posted:

(Blind shot them to death on Province in my M10 Franch Wolverine. Predicted his location and Relocations LOL)

I blind shot a French Wolverine in my leFH18B2. After the game ended there were 5-6 messages from the guy accusing me of hacking, being a "debil" and various colourful racial and sexual slurs.

If you're stationary in the spot where you were spotted, or puttering along in a straight line it's not hard to blind shot you in a leFH18B2!

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jun 11, 2019

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Der Shovel posted:

Once in a while they also sell the KV-2 Armageddon, which is a Warhammer 40K themed premium KV-2. It's amazing.

I almost purchased that tank awhile back but it is on my to buy list when it comes around again.

Speaking of buying tanks Captain Blaargh peer pressured me into buying the Progetto 46.

Which also means I will be progressing through the italian line. Which also means I will hate myself more.

E- I did replace the GLD with a Rammer. Don't worry

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jun 11, 2019

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

Ummm

Edit: looking again, I think the conqgc also would have finished the mission. However, that person wouldn't be with honors since winning is usually a requirement for honors.

Fair enough. :golfclap: Although to be honest, you did do top damage and have the best-case-scenario, where both teams were largely potatoes. If either team was halfway competent you probably wouldn't have earned top XP.

Now that HP and alpha are being increased, I'm not sure how it's going to affect the chances of completing the same mission.

I had a great time with the T-34-1 but the T-34-2 refuses to co-operate, despite the fact that it's practically the same tank (complete with crappy armour and -5 gun depression). Being one tier higher really doesn't do it any favours considering the negligible firepower increase over the T-34-1 vs what opposition it now faces, and the absurd number of TD's per team at Tier VIII (thanks WG) makes sneaking around a flank almost impossible (on those rare occasions where the poo poo map design even allows it).

No Fun Allowed.

The T-34-1 was bad because it had a mediocre gun (including handling, from what I recall) and not enough depression to use the little turret armor that it has. The T-34-2 has a better gun and mobility so it can scoot around without worrying about trying to get shots hull-down. The latter is actually just a better version of the former all-around, which I think just makes it more comfortable to play despite being a tier higher.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
T-44 is a different tank with the top gun. I shoots quick and is overall just really solid. I just had a game where I killed 4 t9's. Lost it, but I did 2.8k damage and killed 4. I am happy.

Might just keep this...

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mesadoram posted:

T-44 is a different tank with the top gun. I shoots quick and is overall just really solid. I just had a game where I killed 4 t9's. Lost it, but I did 2.8k damage and killed 4. I am happy.

Might just keep this...

It's a good tank - just be careful about fighting close in and showing your right front quarter. There's an ammo rack hitbox right there, which veterans know to aim for, and complete newbies have a chance to hit when they try to track/damage you at an angle.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It's a good tank - just be careful about fighting close in and showing your right front quarter. There's an ammo rack hitbox right there, which veterans know to aim for, and complete newbies have a chance to hit when they try to track/damage you at an angle.

Thanks for that. Feels like whenever I get penned from the front either my rack or tanks go. Hopefully I can get it's winrate up, hate feeling like a scrub in a good tank.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Speaking of buying tanks Captain Blaargh peer pressured me into buying the Progetto 46.

Well at least you bought a good one. The Progetto is one of my favourite tanks to play. Everything about it just feels good.

Except the matchmaking of course.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Huh. When did they stop selling credit boosters on the premium shop?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Der Shovel posted:

The S-51 reminded me of the Basilisk first time I saw it. Would think the console version would just straight up adding Warhammer tanks if GW allowed it.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
The S51 is garbage. I gound out the top gun and went back to the stock gun after one battle because 40s reload and not able to hit within the same map sector as the target.

I'm buying the IS-4 when it goes on discount. The replacement is on the super test server now. Its an ST-I with 2 guns. wotexpress

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Oh wonderful, that means there'll be a :airquote: premium :airquote: IS-4 for pubbies to pub around in.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
I wonder what the black market price will be. 25,000,000 credits for the rare IS-4.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

2Jets posted:

The S51 is garbage. I gound out the top gun and went back to the stock gun after one battle because 40s reload and not able to hit within the same map sector as the target.

I'm buying the IS-4 when it goes on discount. The replacement is on the super test server now. Its an ST-I with 2 guns. wotexpress

It's finally loving happening.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Bought an M46 KR last night on a lark simply because if we've been taught anything, it's that whenever they :airquote: retire :airquote: a tank from in-game sale, it's potentially because they're planning on doing something to it to make it a $50 base premium shop-only tank down the line.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Really enjoying the crewbooks on the latest patch. Got a couple wins in and it helped get me some to get SS on some critical tanks that needed it.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Yeah - anyone know off-hand how much the 250k book you can buy for 2m silver skills up a crew from scratch? I've got my Progetto 46 all filled up with Christmas crew and since they're already 2-3 skills with their 3rd/4th acting like a first skill, 250k on top of that would be pretty disgusting.

Fun fact: Because WG is WG, you have to put the crew you want to skill up back into the tank they're certified for to actually use the skillbooks. It won't work when the crew is in a premium tank, it won't even work if the crew in the premium tank are all certed for the same tank.

EDIT: Google can be a wonderful thing sometimes, seems 250k is enough for two skills and a decent chunk of a third on a "zero-skill" crew: http://wio.ru/strat/wot-exp-eng.htm

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 13, 2019

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
It's so beautiful :allears:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

All I can see is a massive :manning: turret that screams "PRIMARY ME" to all artillery and a driver's hatch and cupola that even the greenest dumbshit newbie will instinctively aim for.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
That cupola is stronk though. When I drive my ST-I I let anyone with less than 330 HEAT shoot it all day. The real weak spot is the drivers hatch and tiny lower plate.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Bought an M46 KR last night on a lark simply because if we've been taught anything, it's that whenever they :airquote: retire :airquote: a tank from in-game sale, it's potentially because they're planning on doing something to it to make it a $50 base premium shop-only tank down the line.

they've trained you well

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

they've trained you well

:shrug: If I never play the damned thing I can just get the gold back.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Thewindupman and I had some crazy games tonight. One game in particular was from a NA player named Overlord_Prime Skip ahead to 3:09:10 you can see him and I in his game

Honestly we played fairly well this round. Here is the replay if you want to see things from my side.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jun 13, 2019

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

a NA player named Overlord_Prime

professional world of tanks player Overlord_Prime.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
So uh I got an email from Wargaming stating if I play a game I get a free clownshoe

Well alrighty then

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Here is an unusual match up. top tier at a leopard pta which isn't unusual because of t9 matchmaking. However, the weird part is make up of the teams.

One heavy per side, one arty per side, and only a couple of tds per side. The rest of both teams was made up of mediums. We won on cap points, but from the way the enemy team was breaking up, the cap pressure would have been enough to probably clean them up eventually.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4923134#fjords-juffowup-leopard_prototyp_a

Also on scene, a leo pta taking a more forward position than you'd expect.

Edit: ^^ *sigh*

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

primelaw posted:

So uh I got an email from Wargaming stating if I play a game I get a free clownshoe

Well alrighty then

if wargaming sends me an email like that i want to say now that it doesn't count against my record if i click battle, immediately leave during the countdown and get the tank

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Hellsau posted:

if wargaming sends me an email like that i want to say now that it doesn't count against my record if i click battle, immediately leave during the countdown and get the tank

I mean I played the Lefh so does it really count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

primelaw posted:

I mean I played the Lefh so does it really count?

no, because it inflicted all due suffering upon the tanks population, but playing console does count against you