Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
I tried to give blood and got lightheaded after the finger stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I have a blood disease that prevents me from donating, but from what I read they don't test for it so if I wanted to I could just go ahead and do it and infect people.

Start getting angry that they don't test for Bartonella!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Picnic Princess posted:

I have a blood disease that prevents me from donating, but from what I read they don't test for it so if I wanted to I could just go ahead and do it and infect people.

Start getting angry that they don't test for Bartonella!

Youuuuuu, just want to gooooooo, outsiiiiiide (outside)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I wanted to watch Bob's Burgers again but they took it off Canadian Netflix :smith:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Started watching Bojack Horseman and it's pretty good, but I am so loving sick of Diane come season 2. Why exactly is she still here?

House sitting for a family friend and they have two pretty good dogs but loving hell they slurp and lick themselves so noisily I can hear it over music.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
It's been like 95F inside my apartment all day and I swear I killed some brain cells because I haven't been able to summon enough energy to get up and put on clothes and go literally anywhere else.

My neighbor was going to give me his old AC unit after he gets a new one, but it died last night and started spewing hot air. I bought a giant box fan instead but I had to visit like three different stores to find one. Even the big fuckoff Target was completely out of stock on everything except lovely battery powered fans.

It's cooling off now but I still feel nauseous and my head kinda hurts. :saddowns:

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Bees on Wheat posted:

It's been like 95F inside my apartment all day and I swear I killed some brain cells because I haven't been able to summon enough energy to get up and put on clothes and go literally anywhere else.

My neighbor was going to give me his old AC unit after he gets a new one, but it died last night and started spewing hot air. I bought a giant box fan instead but I had to visit like three different stores to find one. Even the big fuckoff Target was completely out of stock on everything except lovely battery powered fans.

It's cooling off now but I still feel nauseous and my head kinda hurts. :saddowns:

Drink lots and lots of cool water, it sounds like you are dehydrated. Also put a cold washcloth on your forehead and/or wrists (or get a fancy gel pack thing).

You probably know a few tips for keeping a space cooler if you don't have AC, but it's worth repeating in case people don't know. Keep windows closed during the day and shaded, open them up at night to get cooler air in and try to get a cross flow going if you can.
Fans are useless if they are just moving hot air around but you could put a bowl of ice in front of it to help cool the air.
Spend some time at an air-conditioned mall/cinema if feasible to get free (sort of) cooling and escape your hotbox apartment.
Comedy option: Move to Norway.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Been drinking lots of water (and other things) all day but I can only chug so much. Usually I keep the window open with a fan sucking air out, because it's a small space that gets stuffy and stagnant pretty quickly otherwise. When it cools down I switch it to draw air in, but we've had temps over 100F the last couple days and nighttime temps aren't much better. The box fan seems to do a good enough job moving air around that it's cooling off now.

Also, I managed to get off my rear end and go to the Starbucks that's literally right around the corner and got a giant loving frappucino.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Went downstairs to take out the trash in my pajamas, without any makeup on, and ran into a neighbour :smith:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Mikl posted:

Went downstairs to take out the trash in my pajamas, without any makeup on, and ran into a neighbour :smith:

I long ago stopped caring about what my neighbors think of me. Hence wandering out to dump trash or roll the cans out wrapped in a long towel, or in beater clothes. I wish I had had this confidence back in high school!

Realizing I graduated about 20 years ago and still live in the drat same house in the drat same room as when I did. That's a FWP, even if I have moved out, had my own place, and moved back to take care of my mom.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mikl posted:

If your neighbors judge you for having a perfectly normal human moment they're dicks. I mean really, it's taking the garbage out. You don't have to look your best for that.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bees on Wheat posted:

Been drinking lots of water (and other things) all day but I can only chug so much. Usually I keep the window open with a fan sucking air out, because it's a small space that gets stuffy and stagnant pretty quickly otherwise. When it cools down I switch it to draw air in, but we've had temps over 100F the last couple days and nighttime temps aren't much better. The box fan seems to do a good enough job moving air around that it's cooling off now.

Also, I managed to get off my rear end and go to the Starbucks that's literally right around the corner and got a giant loving frappucino.

Do you have something like a Kroger's or Fred Meyer nearby? They sell dirt-cheap blackout/thermal curtains that can make a 15-20 degree difference.
It's about 90 here but my apartment is 75 most of the time.

If you are having money issues, PM me and I'll try to help. No one should suffer in the heat.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just buy an air conditioner. You can get a small one for less than $100.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Eh, it's actually pretty nice right now. The heat wave is over and daytime temps are only mid-80s. I actually had to turn all of the fans off yesterday and get a sweater because it got too cold in here. :shobon:

Made things nice when I went to bed, though. It was actually chilly enough to need a blanket. I hate sleeping without one.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

I've been out of work since August of last year. Interviewed for a contract-to-perm spot last week that seems like a perfect fit. Having serious doubts that they want me, thanks to my stupid brain.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Spotify's mobile app is hot garbage designed to harass you into paying for premium by removing simple features like having any control over what song on your playlist is actually playing, listening to your music on anything but wild card random shuffle mode - forcing you to listen to random recommendations and related songs on a complete whim - all while harassing you with constant advertisements promising you half an hour of free music, while blasting you with another ad after maybe half that and condescendingly chiding you for having too much music on your playlist and telling you to remove songs from it if you skip one or two because clearly, the problem is that you have nothing but garbage you don't like on there. Not that you're being forced to listen to things out of order and at complete chaotic random, some of which you didn't even put there.

Hell, I try listening to an album I like, and after two songs it's just gone off down a random "related artists we think you might like!" tangent which drives me nuts because there's no way to just make it stop. Going back to the album just resumes that song, so it's either stop listening to what I was listening to all together, or listen to increasingly irrelevant songs until ads kick in.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My fancy Smart TV (or maybe it's the Blu Ray player) has decided that it doesnt want to connect to my wifi, giving me the error that A Network Error Has Occured.

It's one of those things that googling it spits back thousands of cases of it not working or saying to reset everything. The later of which I would not mind if it just tell me that it was Searching For Available Wireless Networks when everything else is connected just fine and dandy.

E: and of course once I bitch about it, it decides to basically work. I hate electronics, no wonder most people consider these things unknowable magic...

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 13:12 on Jun 16, 2019

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I got my first jury duty summons! I have no loving clue what to do!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Your civic duty as an American

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Or a citizen of whatever country you're in

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Tell them you're deaf. They'll have to provide an interpreter but they might skip you for being a hassle, without saying it outright of course.

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 21:54 on Jun 16, 2019

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Mu Zeta posted:

Tell them you're deaf. They'll have to provide an interpreter but they might skip you for being a hassle, without saying it outright of course.

It wouldn't do them any good if they did, I only spoke fluent (signed english) sign language in first grade. Then I got the cochlear implant and never had a use for it ever again.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Then just say you hate black people or cops but that you'll try to keep your biases in check

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
In my experience, you call the sheriff's office the day before and they tell you that your group has been cancelled.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I got a physical letter urging me to join the neighborhood NextDoor group so that our community can discuss crimes and local issues. I hope NextDoor dies in a fire.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Oh and my neighbor's giant poorly trained pitbull died on monday and he threw it in the garbage bin rather than do literally anything else with it. At least the trash collector comes on monday. But, guys, the whole street smells like dead dog.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Mu Zeta posted:

I got a physical letter urging me to join the neighborhood NextDoor group so that our community can discuss crimes and local issues. I hope NextDoor dies in a fire.

We got one of these too, with a code that expires in a set time frame.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Mu Zeta posted:

It's a nice place to ask questions like "anybody know a good place to call to clean your gutters?"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Aleph Null posted:

It's a nice place to ask questions like "anybody know a good place to call to clean your gutters?"

<pile of obscure even in the 1800s racism pours fourth, unabated>

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I got a haircut (basically but not completely down to bare scalp), and it's just cold/windy enough that it hurts.

I'm loving it, otherwise, but man.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Working out has many benefits. But to my dawning horror I realize staring a workout plan will never do the one thing I wanted most out of it: Getting the person who has been bugging me to shut up about my exercise habits.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Onion rings.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Star Man posted:

Onion rings.

That's not a problem; it's a solution.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I have an incredibly awful driver’s license photo. Luckily, it’s about to expire so I can get a new one. I live in Michigan so I just got mailed forms so I can have it done by mail, but making use of this convenient option means I won’t get a new photo.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Dr Christmas posted:

I have an incredibly awful driver’s license photo. Luckily, it’s about to expire so I can get a new one. I live in Michigan so I just got mailed forms so I can have it done by mail, but making use of this convenient option means I won’t get a new photo.

I renewed my passport when I was at my absolute sickest half a year ago, I look like complete hell. My hair is a mess, my eyebrows and eyelashes hadn't grown back in, I have a big scar from recent surgery on my throat, I look like I hadn't slept in 50 years. I was barely even alive. Now I get to see that face for the next ten years, and it's even better now that I'm in recovery and am looking a million times better already :toot:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I am house sitting and bored as hell because there is SO MUCH I can get done at my house with free time, instead am inside with two goofy dogs . The neighbors have super loud music wars every night, and I am out of crafts to do, and don't have the password for any of the game systems or TVs.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Dr Christmas posted:

I'm going in next week to get one of those new-fangled California REAL IDs. Sounds like they'll be updating my license photo too, so hopefully this time I can get one that isn't practically looking up my nose because I was too tall for the camera.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

Working out has many benefits. But to my dawning horror I realize staring a workout plan will never do the one thing I wanted most out of it: Getting the person who has been bugging me to shut up about my exercise habits.

Get strong enough to defeat them in battle

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Discord is down. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My life is an endless cycle of being overwhelmed with work and house tasks to the point where I don't get the dishes or laundry done.
I'll wash clothes but then they just end up in vague piles in my bedroom.
Dishes make it to the kitchen but then don't get done until absolutely necessary.
There isn't too much clutter but certainly more than I like.

But then I'll have a surge of energy and get everything done in less than two hours and wonder how it got this bad in the first place.

Over and over again.