Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

DeepDickPizza posted:

Any New York fans have insight on Aaron Judge?

I was offered Judge for Gerrit Cole, which is iffy given his injury. However, the league has unlimited weekly transactions, which allows for a wildly different pitching strategy in terms of streaming. My starting staff of Cole, Sale, Minor, Bumgarner, Hill is pretty drat good and I probably wouldn't want to break it up in most leagues, but I feel hitting is further undervalued in such a league.

Judge seems to be fine and on his way back without any issues so far. Dealing elite pitching for injured position players is always a risk though.

That said, Judge fuckin' rules so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Inspector_666 posted:

Judge seems to be fine and on his way back without any issues so far. Dealing elite pitching for injured position players is always a risk though.

That said, Judge fuckin' rules so...

Yeah. I feel like I wouldn’t even consider it in normal league settings. There’s only like 4 reliable stud pitchers.

But with unlimited moves in this league, I can basically strong arm K and QS wins with mid level pitchers if I’m willing to risk ratios. Building an elite offense is even more important.

The guy offering the trade is a Yanks fan so I thought maybe I was missing something about his injury. Even if I don’t get him off IL for a month I think I’m still gonna risk it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

DeepDickPizza posted:

Yeah. I feel like I wouldn’t even consider it in normal league settings. There’s only like 4 reliable stud pitchers.

But with unlimited moves in this league, I can basically strong arm K and QS wins with mid level pitchers if I’m willing to risk ratios. Building an elite offense is even more important.

The guy offering the trade is a Yanks fan so I thought maybe I was missing something about his injury. Even if I don’t get him off IL for a month I think I’m still gonna risk it.

There have been no reported setbacks for Judge as of the latest news dump.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Opinions on Framber Valdez? That last start was impressive, and he's long gone in my weekly leagues, but this is roto, where a bad start sticks with you all year, and that walk rate concerns me.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

coronaball posted:

Someone dropped Albies in my 10 man redraft league. Has he really been that bad?

I added him for like 3 days and then dropped him for a Holds guy, so now of course he has 3 HR in 2 days.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The Pussy Boss posted:

Can I drop Eloy Jimenez yet

Thank you for this btw

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

YORDAAAAAAAAAANNNNN

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Spoeank posted:

Thank you for this btw

Yeah, everyone that dropped Jimenez -- thank you.

fawning deference posted:

YORDAAAAAAAAAANNNNN

Glad I was so quick with the add button.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Twin Cinema posted:

Yeah, everyone that dropped Jimenez -- thank you.

Someone dropped Victor Robles in one of my leagues last week. YOINK!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
just when seager has finally started hitting :negative:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Manny Machado: wtf is his problem

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doltos posted:

He's real bad.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Doltos posted:

Paiditis.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Every day I wonder how much better my team would have been if I'd picked Arenado instead of Jose Ramirez. No other changes, just that one.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Every day I wonder how much better my team would have been if I'd picked Arenado instead of Jose Ramirez. No other changes, just that one.

Picked Trea Turner over Christian Yelich

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Arenado would be worth almost 4 roto points to me over Ramirez without even counting batting average. I don't even need the steals, I have Mondesi.

For real though, what even happened to Ramirez? I know his BABIP is down but it's like he completely forgot how to hit.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I’m paraphrasing so badly that it probably won’t help anything but I saw a few pundits being down on Ramirez this year pointing to his second half last year and how him completely selling out for power kind of hosed up his contact and he hasn’t adjusted

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
*sees fried struggling in one league

Well at least I ended up with Soroka in my other ones :imunfunny:

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

the_american_dream posted:

I’m paraphrasing so badly that it probably won’t help anything but I saw a few pundits being down on Ramirez this year pointing to his second half last year and how him completely selling out for power kind of hosed up his contact and he hasn’t adjusted

Sounds like bullshit, he had a good batting average last year too and trying to readjust should not mean batting under .200 in mid June.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Simpsons Reference posted:

Picked Trea Turner over Christian Yelich

Weirdly picking Mike Trout over Christian Yelich

That's really your own fault though Jose was on avoid drafting lists everywhere

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Kept Chapman over Moncada and drafted JDM over Arenado. my offense is still mashing, and my real problem is my starters, but drat my offense would be unstoppable if I swapped those two out. I have Rizzo, Springer, Mancini, Contreras, and recently Murphy, Blackmon, and Seager (rip) were coming on strong.

Also drafting two guys that I never trust because I always only seem to end up with them on down years (Cain and Carpenter) is proving to be a mistake and I should have trusted my gut on those

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
As of this morning:

Runs: 18, HR: 7, RBI: 17, SB: 2, .314/.392/.619

Number of offensive categories I am winning: 0

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

Doltos posted:

That's really your own fault though Jose was on avoid drafting lists everywhere

I guess? I mean, before the second half swoon he had two and a half years of good-to-fantastic production, and his walk rate was way up. Everyone saying he sold out for power doesn't make much sense either, since he hit most of his homers before the slump. Hindsight is 20/20 but everywhere I saw had him ranked only behind Trout and Betts.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I guess? I mean, before the second half swoon he had two and a half years of good-to-fantastic production, and his walk rate was way up. Everyone saying he sold out for power doesn't make much sense either, since he hit most of his homers before the slump. Hindsight is 20/20 but everywhere I saw had him ranked only behind Trout and Betts.

He turded out in August and September then went hitless in the playoffs too. I don't know where you were looking but Trout, Betts, Yelich, Trea, and Baez looked like the top 5 on most sites I was checking out with Jose falling out of the first.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Doltos posted:

He turded out in August and September then went hitless in the playoffs too. I don't know where you were looking but Trout, Betts, Yelich, Trea, and Baez looked like the top 5 on most sites I was checking out with Jose falling out of the first.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
That guy too!!

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

Doltos posted:

Fantasy Pros aggregator and CBS both had him high. I didn't know about Razzball then, who had him much lower, even though they still predicted him to hit .290. I think we can probably agree that even if he wasn't going to produce first round numbers, hitting around the Mendoza line midway through June wasn't foreseen by anyone

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Yeah, you're all giving yourselves way too much credit here. Even if your consensus about Ramirez is correct, nobody was saying "STAY AWAY" if they were they meant he's not gonna be a first round player so be careful and don't take him too early.

The guy is hitting UNDER .200 with no power and it's mid-June. Nobody saw this coming. I kept Ramirez in my league and assumed he was not hitting that many homeruns again and that he'd just had a career year, but I figured he'd hit close to .300 with 20-25 homers and a bunch of steals.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

On another note, Brian Reynolds is awesome?

EDIT: Just looked at his fancies, haha 50% of his contact is grounders and his BABIP is .427. I'll just ride this hot streak...

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Good: 2.5 months into the season, ESPN is sending me lineup alerts finally.

Bad: It is telling me that guys who I put in my lineup hours ago are not in my lineup.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Yeah, you're all giving yourselves way too much credit here. Even if your consensus about Ramirez is correct, nobody was saying "STAY AWAY" if they were they meant he's not gonna be a first round player so be careful and don't take him too early.

Not sure why you’re coming in so hostile but the guy asked and was answered. No one has a crystal ball here but we’re giving reasons why each of us in particular stayed away and did.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

coronaball posted:

Good: 2.5 months into the season, ESPN is sending me lineup alerts finally.

Bad: It is telling me that guys who I put in my lineup hours ago are not in my lineup.

It alerted me on a guy I got off my team a week ago

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

On another note, Brian Reynolds is awesome?

EDIT: Just looked at his fancies, haha 50% of his contact is grounders and his BABIP is .427. I'll just ride this hot streak...

he may not be overperforming as much as most think. his babip was always high, and his absurd hard hit rate suggests something is good. he'll die down a bit, but i'm not sure how much.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Speaking of notifications, does anyone else own David fletcher in yahoo? Whatever is going on with him is driving notifications insane

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

the_american_dream posted:

Speaking of notifications, does anyone else own David fletcher in yahoo? Whatever is going on with him is driving notifications insane

It's driving me loving nuts

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Lucas Giolito is on my watch list (I should probably just remove him at this point since he ain't getting dropped) and was just traded in my league, so ESPN's app sent me three different notifications that he was "available" and oh my god gently caress you so much ESPN.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
My favorite is when I get 4 notifications about a guy on a different team (and he's not even on my watch list) not being in the starting lineup.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
ESPN's stuff is so broken I have to wonder why they haven't just reverted back to last year's software at this point.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

10 man redraft league standard hitting cats plus OPS

Give: Adalberto Mondesi
Eloy Jimenez

Receive: Albies, Realmuto, Kiermaier

Currently starting Alfaro at C, who I would obviously drop.

I have Machado so Mondesi is kind of a luxury and I have lots of other power hitting OF to start over Eloy. But I'm not sure Albies is any better than my current 2B platoon of Villar and A. Cabrera, or if Realmuto is ever really gonna get it going. Leaning no.

Edit: I think I am undervaluing Mondesi and his steals. What's a good one for one trade for Realmuto? Eugenio Suarez?

coronaball fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

coronaball posted:

10 man redraft league standard hitting cats plus OPS

Give: Adalberto Mondesi
Eloy Jimenez

Receive: Albies, Realmuto, Kiermaier

Currently starting Alfaro at C, who I would obviously drop.

I have Machado so Mondesi is kind of a luxury and I have lots of other power hitting OF to start over Eloy. But I'm not sure Albies is any better than my current 2B platoon of Villar and A. Cabrera, or if Realmuto is ever really gonna get it going. Leaning no.

Edit: I think I am undervaluing Mondesi and his steals. What's a good one for one trade for Realmuto? Eugenio Suarez?

One or two catchers for 10-team? If one catcher, I wouldn’t do it. Mondesi is the best player in the deal by far and 10-team the wire is shallow enough you can find guys like Kiermaier. I personally like Albies but he’s been in a terrible slump. And it feels like Eloy is about to go nuts.

Suarez is more fair but even then you can stream catchers in a shallow league.