Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

EponymousMrYar posted:

14x Salvage Racks.

For ideas on sorting I went with this metric:
For common salvage I go by useful enhancement materials: one rack each for Accuracy, Damage, Endurance Mod, Recharge, Heal/Absorb and Resist Damage/Defense Mod (defense mod is a little weird.) Also one left over for sticking Rubies in because Rubies are weird.
Yellow's get sorted by the alphabet, 10 per stack of them so I can get ten stacks of them in a rack. That takes up like, 3-4 and a half racks.
Oranges are all still in a single rack still, they're pretty rare.

I started out storing salvage in a similar way, and very quickly realised that the time I spent sorting and organising it was not at all worth it over just selling all my salvage, and buying the stuff I needed when I needed it. Any savings you make are going to be super marginal, and you're actually just as likely to turn a profit doing it the easier way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Okay I just logged in and got shot, there's no defense debuff on the DP Skulls.

hup posted:

How are you building for that? I’m leveling one right now.

I'm still at the, like, 'contemplative' state for my power picks.

quote:

Level 1: Pistols
Level 1: Immobilizing Dart
Level 2: Dual Wield
Guns. Also Immobilizing dart seems hot trash?

quote:

Level 4: Sting of the Wasp
Level 6 Empty Clips
Level 8: Bullet Rain
Taking Empty Clips and Bullet rain together for AoE. Empty Clips seems underwhelming but we'll see.

quote:

Level 10: Shinobi
Level 12: Super Speed
Stacking stealth.

quote:

Level 14: Swap Ammo
Level 16: The Lotus Drops
Level 18: Executioner's Shot
Level 20: Kuji-In Toh
Just stuff.

quote:

Level 22: Choking Powder
Level 24: Suppressive Fire
These two are together to stack the hold and hold bosses.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Crasical posted:

Okay I just logged in and got shot, there's no defense debuff on the DP Skulls.

I'm still at the, like, 'contemplative' state for my power picks.
Guns. Also Immobilizing dart seems hot trash?
Taking Empty Clips and Bullet rain together for AoE. Empty Clips seems underwhelming but we'll see.
Stacking stealth.
Just stuff.

These two are together to stack the hold and hold bosses.

sooo many blaster secondary T1s are hot trash

empty clips is kind of lame, but it recharges fast

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

hit button posted:

I started out storing salvage in a similar way, and very quickly realised that the time I spent sorting and organising it was not at all worth it over just selling all my salvage, and buying the stuff I needed when I needed it. Any savings you make are going to be super marginal, and you're actually just as likely to turn a profit doing it the easier way.

Marginal savings helps when you want to run all your alts with 100% xp boosters. :shepface:

Also I've made quite a lot of money by crafting a recipe that's dropped rather than just selling it as is. Pros and Cons!

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

What's better for hitting poo poo: 9% universal accuracy bonus or 6% to hit bonus? I never understood the maths when people say to hit is generally better

Old_Screwtape
Nov 18, 2014

Crasical posted:

It's totally possible that the Paragon Wiki has things wrong but the only pistol-wielding Longbow agent listed doesn't have -def as a rider. Nor do the player equivalent dual pistols attacks for either thugs MMs or the actual Dual Pistols blast set, so it'd be... unusual, if the skulls had that added specifically for their NPC equivalents. You are correct in that they use -def as the default rider for a number of things (Bladed Weapons, saturation bullet attacks, radiation), and admittedly the first and last are a bit odd. I have to assume the thing with bladed weapons is supposed to be a sunder-armor thing but that would be better as -res, which I (again) assume they were scared to give to players, and it being the Radiation rider is just confusing. It might be just not really being sure what to give each 'flavor' of attack to give it its own identity.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the early devs were trying to create differentiation between attacks/powersets, so they decided on flavor to them and then tried to use existing mechanics to match the flavor without really thinking of the balance of it all. Based on the flavor text for the powers, I agree that -Def was supposed to represent a sort of armor piercing aspect of an attack, with bullets penetrating armor, swords being able to precisely sticking at the weak parts of armor, or radiation bypassing armor all together. The problem is that the early powers dev(s) really didn't appreciate what having -Def in attacks would mean for players (or, cynically, how Defense worked at all). Sure, the occasional Skulls minion hitting with a fire-axe might not mean much, but an army of assault rifle Nazis (or Radiation spewing Shivians) definitely do. Also, another aspect is that -Def was not much of an issue because everyone could potentially have a ton of it, but that certainly became not the case when the devs slashed or remove defense powers in Issue 5 (the previously mentioned GDN).

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Hakarne posted:

What's better for hitting poo poo: 9% universal accuracy bonus or 6% to hit bonus? I never understood the maths when people say to hit is generally better

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Attack_Mechanics

here's the important parts:

quote:

Let's say you're attacking something with a power that has a 65% chance of hitting. If you got a +20% ToHit buff, your chance of hitting would go up to 85% (65 + 20). If your target then got a +10% Defense buff, your chance would drop to 75% (85 – 10). If you then had your ToHit debuffed by -23%, your hit chance would drop further to 52% (75 – 23).

quote:

Consider an unbuffed, unenhanced attack that hits 30% of the time. If it got a +50% ToHit buff, its hit chance would rise to 80% (30 + 50). If it got a +50% Accuracy bonus instead, its hit chance would only rise to 45% (30 + (50% of 30), which can also be written 30 × 1.5).

quote:

Accuracy is applied in a second step, after all ToHit and Defense modifiers are applied.

so afaict, the 9% is better if your existing to-hit is more than 66.66%, because 9% of 66.66% is 6%. if you had 70% base to-hit, you'd be getting the equivalent of 9% * 70% = 6.3% bonus, which is better.

quote:

Final hit chances are forced to stay in the range of 5%–95% to preserve a measure of uncertainty and prevent modifiers from making a power automatically hit or miss. This range limit is also applied once in the middle of the calculation, after adjusting for ToHit and Defense modifiers but prior to applying Accuracy, to prevent situations where strong Defense buffs and/or ToHit debuffs render Accuracy irrelevant no matter how high it was.

since your base to-hit is always 95% or less before accuracy is applied, x% of accuracy is never worth more than 0.95*x% of to-hit.

EDIT: there's some interesting mathematical jungles in there (what if you have a -200% to-hit before accuracy? accuracy is way better then, but you're also going to die) but in practical terms I think people are generally trying to ride the 75-95% to-hit zone pretty hard

EDIT EDIT: vvv also I suspect the radiation -def is supposed to be "feeling too sick to move right" and I suppose I always imagined the physical-weapons -def as being "wounded and limping" but it really doesn't seem like the guys building the system we have today were thinking too far ahead

LordSaturn fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 12, 2019

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Old_Screwtape posted:

... so they decided on flavor to them and then tried to use existing mechanics to match the flavor without really thinking of the balance of it all.

... radiation bypassing armor all together.

A real swing and a miss on their part: the Rad snipe mentions that it's alpha radiation. It could be blocked by a sheet of paper, or your skin, and wouldn't travel more than a few inches in air.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
No, but you see, "alpha" radiation is obviously the best and strongest. Because the name.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

LordSaturn posted:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Attack_Mechanics

here's the important parts:

so afaict, the 9% is better

Yeah uh I saw all the math before but it means nothing to my not-math brain. So I'll go with the bolded part, thanks!

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
This screenshot is about 5 minutes old.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

EponymousMrYar posted:

Marginal savings helps when you want to run all your alts with 100% xp boosters. :shepface:

Also I've made quite a lot of money by crafting a recipe that's dropped rather than just selling it as is. Pros and Cons!

Yeah, people can buy your crafted enhancements as attuned versions that level with them, or (assuming they exist) as level 50 versions to feed boosters into. Craft recipes can also be bought as any level. I've generally been crafting and selling enhancements when recipes drop just because it's more useful to the people getting them.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Some cursory Googling around has proven less elucidating than I'd hoped. Does any kindly goon feel like sharing a good set of keybinds for Peacebringers/Warshades, or maybe just a "Kheldians and You" how-to-play-these-ATs effortpost? :shobon:

(found these, at least:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Cityofheroes/comments/bihe7v/what_are_some_neat_binds_and_macros/
https://city-of-heroes.livejournal.com/3306279.html )

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I wanted to do a warham but not just another space marine. I think my sister of battle turned out ok!

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
I don't recall seeing this in the thread previously so, for anyone who's interested in having things like:
- Exploration Badge locations
- Enemy types and levels
- Plaques
- Day Jobs
- Zone Events
All listed right on the map, you want the Vidiot Map Pack, a map mod from back during live that does all of the above and still works just fine.
You can get it here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/vidiotmaps/

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

clone on the phone posted:

I wanted to do a warham but not just another space marine. I think my sister of battle turned out ok!

Not nearly angry enough.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010

Ghost of Starman posted:

Some cursory Googling around has proven less elucidating than I'd hoped. Does any kindly goon feel like sharing a good set of keybinds for Peacebringers/Warshades, or maybe just a "Kheldians and You" how-to-play-these-ATs effortpost? :shobon:

(found these, at least:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Cityofheroes/comments/bihe7v/what_are_some_neat_binds_and_macros/
https://city-of-heroes.livejournal.com/3306279.html )

On my PB I have "G" and "H" bound so that they take me to Nova and Dwarf forms, respectively, while also switching my lowest power tray to the powers for those forms. Then I bound "V" to dropping back to human and going back to power tray 1.

/bind G "powexec_name Bright Nova$$gototray 3"
/bind H "powexec_name White Dwarf$$gototray 4"
/bind V "powexec_toggleoff Bright Nova$$powexec_toggleoff White Dwarf$$gototray 1"

(Tray 2 has all my long-duration click powers or toggles and doesn't change. Hasten is my one Auto power)

I also bind Shift if I ever to have a character that has Teleport, so in the case of the Dwarf form teleport:

/bind Shift "powexec_name White Dwarf Step"

I bind "Q" to Light Form and "E" to Inner Light since they're used so often.

I have "F" for Flight but "C" to drop me to Hover/Cancel. There is a way to bind Flight so that when you press WASD, it makes you Fly but if you stop pressing the button you drop to Hover. I haven't bothered.

I've never messed with loading bindfiles. I'm sure I'm missing out and doing a lot of things old-fashioned/backwards but I've ran my PB to 50 without much issue. Once you get Perma-Light form, I find myself going to Dwarf almost never but Nova form is still pretty useful once it has resists and some Mez protection.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Hunter Noventa posted:

Not nearly angry enough.

There aren't many angry faces.

How is the character mechanically?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

John Murdoch posted:

"Bosses = Archvillains!" (AKA The Dark Souls of Super Hero MMOs) This one was genuinely absurd. Jack came back from a trip where he spent time on the plane playing a Gameboy game. He recounted how he would reach the end of a stage, hit a difficult end boss, and then have to struggle to win. Sometimes he would lose and have to come back and try again. But once he did succeed it felt good to overcome the challenge. So, he abruptly decided that Boss-class enemies should be monstrously more powerful, in order to capture that same "end level boss" magic he had discovered in his Gameboy game. This change was pushed through with basically zero testing. :downs:

This was simply absurd. I stopped doing door missions for the blessedly brief duration of this one, but have clear memories of frying a spawn of deep grey fascists in Brickstown... then spending upwards of five minutes whittling away at the remaining boss.

We can also thank Jack for there actually being a cap on the number of critters you can aggro at once. He got publicly angry at fire tankers sweeping up whole maps and abusing pathing by jumping into dumpsters like 'some weird hobo' and letting their PBAoEs do the work. I mean, can't really blame him there, but the man is a douchebag.

Dude really came across as a tabletop GM bound and determined to have his player have fun on his terms.

Bieeanshee fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jun 12, 2019

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

So my kid (7) wants to play this but COH can be a bit... complicated. What would be a good, simple AT for them to follow me around with? I'll be on a Brute so probably something ranged, but hardy (literally as I type this sentinel pops into my head). Something with flashy/fun damage, survivable, and maybe a few useful heals/buffs/debuffs for when I PL it for them.

Any suggestions? I'll run a few suggestions by them so they can "choose" their powers.

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jun 13, 2019

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Hakarne posted:

So my kid (7) wants to play this but COH can be a bit... complicated. What would be a good, simple AT for them to follow me around with? I'll be on a Brute so probably something ranged, but hardy (literally as I type this sentinel pops into my head). Something with flashy/fun damage, survivable, and maybe a few useful heals/buffs/debuffs for when I PL it for them.

Any suggestions? I'll run a few suggestions by them so they can "choose" their powers.

Sentinel is the simplest, their gimmick basically will get triggered in combat by just using attacks on enemies. Ranged stuff is pretty flashy, toggles keep you sturdy but simple. no really fancy secondary things like holds or buffs to worry about

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Fire Blast comes to mind for just 'press button, get big satisfying bang!'.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

What's the cost effective way of loading out on IO sets again? I remember someone talking about one way of buying them or another with merits being a trap option or something, I don't remember.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Hakarne posted:

I would try and gently guide them but still ultimately let them pick. I think encouraging creativity and letting them go with what sounds cool is probably the best route.

That said, Brute if they wanna punch stuff and Sentinel if they wanna shoot stuff I think are both good choices. It'd probably be hell for you, but Energy Blast on a Sentinel sounds like it'd fit the bill for flashy and silly since knocking poo poo all over the place is good stuff. I think Water Blast has some really cool looking effects, too.

I dunno how well versed in computer games they are, but Mastermind could maaaaybe be an okay idea if they seem really interested in it. If they're still struggling with the controls and all that, having minions that are mostly autopiloted could still help them feel useful, but it might be too boring or too indirect if they do have a good handle on it, or they just aren't interested in that support/management role.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Glagha posted:

What's the cost effective way of loading out on IO sets again? I remember someone talking about one way of buying them or another with merits being a trap option or something, I don't remember.

/ah

It's really that simple. People are building these things all the time, and they're pretty cheap overall. A full set of 25 IOs is around 1.5m. I didn't keep exacting track, but a full set of 40's was like 5m or so.

Once you get to the next level you want to upgrade IOs just respec and put your current ones in SG storage for the next alt.

If you're doing 25s and need money, sell your orange salvage. If you're still short, ask in /goonsquad. If that doesn't work, in game email me @soulshadow

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Man the costume items got so much better after I quit live. I remade one of my old characters to look about a million times better. This is Dharma Geddon:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Glagha posted:

Turn your reward merits into influence by using them to get enhancement converters (or boosters) and selling those on the AH. Then use your riches to buy IO sets on the AH.

Quick tip: due to how Homecoming's AH works, attuned set IOs cost exactly the same as non-attuned ones. Attuned IOs will let your set bonus stay active when you're exemplared down, so they're nice to have, and you might as well buy them since they cost the same. If you're curious about the details, this Reddit post explains pretty well: https://www.reddit.com/r/Cityofheroes/comments/bymcmu/homecoming_psa_attuned_enhancements_and_when_to/

Harrow fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jun 13, 2019

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

How do you buy the attuned version? Do they have a different name?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Glagha posted:

How do you buy the attuned version? Do they have a different name?

They have the same name, but a different icon (they have a thicker, more elaborate border around the icon). If you set your AH search to have a minimum and maximum level of 1, you'll find attuned IOs--for some reason those show up as level 1 in the AH. I usually just set the level range to 1-1 and then search for the name of the set.

Because they're drawing from the same pool of for-sale IOs as any other level, they also have the same price, so there's no reason to buy a leveled set IO from the AH ever.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Harrow posted:

Because they're drawing from the same pool of for-sale IOs as any other level, they also have the same price, so there's no reason to buy a leveled set IO from the AH ever.

Is it more economical to buy the recipe and an enhancement catalyst and craft it yourself? Or just go fishing for underpriced attuned IOs?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

How do you even tell which IOs are attuned and which aren't? If I search for a set at min/max level 50 on the AH and the results are six IOs and six recipes, does that mean the IOs are automatically attuned if I buy them instead of the recipes?

I've been mostly buying recipes and crafting them so maybe I screwed myself out of a lot of cash, I dunno.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

blueberrysmith posted:

Is it more economical to buy the recipe and an enhancement catalyst and craft it yourself? Or just go fishing for underpriced attuned IOs?

It's almost certainly better to buy attuned IOs directly because an enhancement catalyst on its own was like 3 million inf last time I looked. Most IOs are around that price or lower and their attuned versions are the same price due to that weird AH logic.

Thundarr posted:

How do you even tell which IOs are attuned and which aren't? If I search for a set at min/max level 50 on the AH and the results are six IOs and six recipes, does that mean the IOs are automatically attuned if I buy them instead of the recipes?

I've been mostly buying recipes and crafting them so maybe I screwed myself out of a lot of cash, I dunno.

They won't show up if you set the min/max level to 50, because they're "level 1" for the purpose of AH searching. Set it to 1 and you can see the difference in the icons. They look similar to the ATO icons, with the thicker borders (because ATOs are attuned by default).

I did the same thing on my first IO'ed-up character and fixed it by respeccing, selling all my IOs, and then re-buying their attuned versions for similar prices. It ended up costing me influence anyway but it wasn't impossible to do. I'm reasonably certain that, in most cases, it's cheaper to just buy an IO than to buy a recipe and craft. People buying recipes and rare mats are generally crafting them and then converting them to get the really high-value IOs to sell for a profit.'

As a side note: while I like that you can get attuned IOs easily (since it makes it so you can still use your set bonuses when exemplaring down), the way it works right now is definitely a trap, because there's nothing in-game that lets you know about the way the AH is handling buying and selling IOs. I also think it's probably unintended, but hey, might as well take advantage of it to make sure your sets level with you.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jun 13, 2019

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Darn. I have all but 3 and a half powers with level 50 IOs and about 25 mil in cash, so I guess I'd better farm up some money to afford the AH fees from flipping all that.

I'm guessing standard IOs can just be boosted to 53 since there's no set bonus to worry about?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Thundarr posted:

Darn. I have all but 3 and a half powers with level 50 IOs and about 25 mil in cash, so I guess I'd better farm up some money to afford the AH fees from flipping all that.

I'm guessing standard IOs can just be boosted to 53 since there's no set bonus to worry about?

Yep. Those are also not subject to the "all levels draw from the same pool" thing that set IOs do so treat non-set IOs as normal.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The key thing to remember with IO fuckery is that Attuned IOs will scale to your level and let you keep your set bonuses, but they can't be Boosted. So if you really want to go all out, what you want is one build using Attuned ones so you can exemplar down and have all the fun you want and a second build that's cranked to max with Boosted +5 IOs so you can tear poo poo up at level 50. Also never manually Attune Purples or PVP IOs, since they're functionally Attuned by default. Something something you can't Attune a fish.

Crasical posted:

It's totally possible that the Paragon Wiki has things wrong but the only pistol-wielding Longbow agent listed doesn't have -def as a rider. Nor do the player equivalent dual pistols attacks for either thugs MMs or the actual Dual Pistols blast set, so it'd be... unusual, if the skulls had that added specifically for their NPC equivalents. You are correct in that they use -def as the default rider for a number of things (Bladed Weapons, saturation bullet attacks, radiation), and admittedly the first and last are a bit odd. I have to assume the thing with bladed weapons is supposed to be a sunder-armor thing but that would be better as -res, which I (again) assume they were scared to give to players, and it being the Radiation rider is just confusing. It might be just not really being sure what to give each 'flavor' of attack to give it its own identity.

Don't trust the short power descriptions on Paragon Wiki. For DP in particular, if you scroll down to the expanding power listings, it's clear that Pistols, Empty Clips, and Executioner's Shot all inflict -Def. (Obviously enemies don't get that last one, but y'know.)

I'd have to go double check the Longbow example but I remember getting pissed off playing a defense-based character when a simple pack of 3 Guardians tore me a new one because they all stacked their -5% plinky pistol attacks on me at once, which at that level is a complete and total defense negation.

Old_Screwtape posted:

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the early devs were trying to create differentiation between attacks/powersets, so they decided on flavor to them and then tried to use existing mechanics to match the flavor without really thinking of the balance of it all. Based on the flavor text for the powers, I agree that -Def was supposed to represent a sort of armor piercing aspect of an attack, with bullets penetrating armor, swords being able to precisely sticking at the weak parts of armor, or radiation bypassing armor all together. The problem is that the early powers dev(s) really didn't appreciate what having -Def in attacks would mean for players (or, cynically, how Defense worked at all). Sure, the occasional Skulls minion hitting with a fire-axe might not mean much, but an army of assault rifle Nazis (or Radiation spewing Shivians) definitely do. Also, another aspect is that -Def was not much of an issue because everyone could potentially have a ton of it, but that certainly became not the case when the devs slashed or remove defense powers in Issue 5 (the previously mentioned GDN).

Yeah, this. I don't think it's a stretch to say they didn't understand the ramifications of -Def given the Unyielding example I keep bringing up. Also I'm pretty sure defense debuff resistance was added after the fact, mostly to SR so it wouldn't instantly explode the second a single bullet grazed it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

The key thing to remember with IO fuckery is that Attuned IOs will scale to your level and let you keep your set bonuses, but they can't be Boosted. So if you really want to go all out, what you want is one build using Attuned ones so you can exemplar down and have all the fun you want and a second build that's cranked to max with Boosted +5 IOs so you can tear poo poo up at level 50.

How big of a difference is it to boost up your set IOs? Because I feel like I already tear poo poo up at 50 with just the attuned ones.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Thundarr posted:

Ouroboros is pretty solid for that. You can get dozens of merits for time-traveling to do low-level souvenir arcs.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

That's true. I still have a big pile of converters and could easily get a lot more (or boosters depending on exchange rate).

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Harrow posted:

How big of a difference is it to boost up your set IOs? Because I feel like I already tear poo poo up at 50 with just the attuned ones.

It's not much if the power is fully slotted, because it's still subject to Enhancement Diversification. According to Pines, my Bone Smasher has 5 Mako's Bites (4 attribute boosters + the proc) and would go from [290.7 Dam | 217% Acc | 6.7 End | 3.6s Rech] to [295.6 | 228% | 6.27 | 3.46s]. In this instance only damage is at the ED cap in either situation. From a practical standpoint it's also the only one of those three that matters. It already has a shitload of accuracy, I've got permadom so I'm never hurting for endurance, and it's always up when I need it in my attack chain so recharge doesn't matter.

If it's a level 50 only set, if an enhancement sits on its own in a power, or if the set bonus is meaningless there's no reason to get it attuned, but otherwise it's a lot of money for not a big change.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

John Murdoch posted:

I'd have to go double check the Longbow example but I remember getting pissed off playing a defense-based character when a simple pack of 3 Guardians tore me a new one because they all stacked their -5% plinky pistol attacks on me at once, which at that level is a complete and total defense negation.

Everything being -def (and -5, which is actually a bit) is a pain, but if you're defence based, you're at least now only back to the 50% base, instead of being hit more. The problem was that resistance resists resistance debuffs innately, and the +Def sets needed debuff protection, which they forgot, and the fact they leaned on -Def too much, not that it's a unique way to hose people. It also had the side-effect of making defence sets have a degree of toughness in some situations that just pumping def with inventions doesn't.