Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Bortwife: Full Wife Consequences

I read this thread right before I fell asleep last night and had a dream that cboy started up a blog that he said was only for asking questions about Barkley 2, but all of his posts were weird mandalas and timecube-style conspiracy geometric diagrams and everyone was becoming really concerned about him. I don’t normally have internet dreams so this must be important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

The Ultimate Doge posted:

Well, so he knows I'm not going around talking poo poo about him or trying to sabotage him. I want what's best for your family and what's best for the project. I'm just really frustrated with Liam

Please stop being weird in this thread.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Bonkali Dos

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

VideoGames posted:

I like the drama between the two fake accounts :(

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Shanty posted:

drat, the death tower looks sweet as hell
yeah, were there plans to reuse those assets even if the death tower didn't make it in? because they look badass

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

yeah, were there plans to reuse those assets even if the death tower didn't make it in? because they look badass
Death Tower was commisioned randomly by Liam. It looks awesome and was meant for cool story and battles. However the arenas are absurdly small for any sort of combat so they are not usable as is for that. And the quests for it arent there yet. From what I understand there were other things in the game in much greater need of art and tiles.

Of course all these concerns were raised and promptly dismissed.

Basically Death tower is time and/or money and/or revenue shares (who knows what deals and promises were conjured up for this) down the hole for something that was just not needed. It looks good in tweets and posts though so it can be used for fake hype and for the illusion of progress.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jun 13, 2019

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

VideoGames posted:

I've posted stuff on this account that I don't want associated with my actual identity, including the fact that I'm LGBT

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

I've posted stuff on this account that I don't want associated with my actual identity, including the fact that I'm LGBT

what

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I was not asking you to reveal who you are, I was merely requesting not being so cryptic about the behind the scenes or writing odd 'wink wink I know things' posts.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Weird flex but ok

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

VideoGames posted:

I was not asking you to reveal who you are, I was merely requesting not being so cryptic about the behind the scenes or writing odd 'wink wink I know things' posts.

Oh. Only reason I did that was because people didn't believe me about the intent of the devs. I'm not trying to play games or leave hints

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Then chill man dangit cause all your posts feel exactly the opposite of that

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Oh. Only reason I did that was because people didn't believe me about the intent of the devs. I'm not trying to play games or leave hints

You're coming off like a kid claiming their uncle works for Nintendo and it's pretty off-putting, especially when your insight pretty much boils down to "I know them".

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

CRISPYBABY posted:

Then chill man dangit cause all your posts feel exactly the opposite of that

I mean I'll try, but I've only been saying two things

1. Most of the devs would like to complete the game and abandoning it for closure is their second choice
2. Liam (bhroom) is preventing both of those things from happening

The second is a matter of public record at this point and I only brought up my proximity to the project because some posters didn't believe me about the first one

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

I mean I'll try, but I've only been saying two things

1. Most of the devs would like to complete the game and abandoning it for closure is their second choice
2. Liam (bhroom) is preventing both of those things from happening

The second is a matter of public record at this point and I only brought up my proximity to the project because some posters didn't believe me about the first one

No one cares dude

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

The REAL Goobusters posted:

No one cares dude

That would be cool because then no one would be posting at me about it

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

No one cares dude

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
You might be telling the truth but I think you should just lay low and don't bother replying because you've just stumbled upon the Weird Goon Dogpile and explaining yourself only feeds into it.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

ToGsters shouldn't be too embarrassed about Dark Drakerz, after all:

"SM" is Pokemon Sun/Moon

bortswif
Jun 6, 2019

1. Most of the devs would like to complete the game

"most of the devs" should probably present a unified, coherent plan for how they will accomplish that to Bhroom, cboy and bort (you know, the owners of ToG and the people way negative in the hole from this grand adventure) instead of throwing temper tantrums online, but you know, you do you.

edit: spoke to strongly to random weirdo about someone I still consider a friend

bortswif fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 13, 2019

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

"SM" is Pokemon Sun/Moon

Sounds like a disk space vs simplicity tradeoff (with possible speed improvements depending on how loading models for an area works). It's only, what, 10% of SM's total size?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Don't worry, we've known for years but since you're so weird about it we didn't want to bring it up.

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dias posted:

You might be telling the truth but I think you should just lay low and don't bother replying because you've just stumbled upon the Weird Goon Dogpile and explaining yourself only feeds into it.

Yeah, I've seen how Weird Goon Dogpiles go and that would definitely be the smart thing to do, so I'll--

bortswif posted:

"most of the devs" should probably present a unified, coherent plan for how they will accomplish that to Bhroom, cboy and bort (you know, the owners of ToG and the people way negative in the hole from this grand adventure) instead of throwing temper tantrums online, but you know, you do you. What would GZs massively transparent KS update have been when he was granted "creative control"?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

DoctorStrangelove posted:

"SM" is Pokemon Sun/Moon

The Dark/Dragon dual type

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah, I've seen how Weird Goon Dogpiles go and that would definitely be the smart thing to do, so I'll--

Being ironically weird is still weird

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Being ironically weird is still weird

I'm not actually going to respond to her post I just thought that would be funny

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
the dark drakerz we Crave

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

super sweet best pal posted:

The Dark/Dragon dual type

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Large Armored Bird is Flying/Steel

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

It'll Gust you seven times before you hit the ground

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
There was a bug in which the animated picture of bowels throbbing appeared in the top right corner of the screen and never went away, even if you quit the game and restarted it, the goddam throbbing colon reappeared even in the title screen. Urto fixed that, along with a bunch of text editing and fixes.

Paperjack fixed an issue with the screen scaling not behaving properly, cropping the sides of the screen sometimes depending on the window size. he also preventing you from smelting all of your guns, which led to some bugs with code that presumed you always had at least one weapon equipped.

Bhroom fixed a bunch more scripting problems and quests that ended wrong or mixed badly with some other quests.

I thought I was done with dwarfnet yesterday, but I noticed one more problem I might need to fix.
Topics in the dwarfnet forums can be locked and users banned (this happens automatically as "time" passes throughout the game and more replies and threads are added).
The problem is that, these topics are just marked as locked and the users marked as banned from the beginning, even if the lock or ban are supposed to happen later in the game. The topic lock thing is easier to fix, I just need to see if the thread's final post has been posted before displaying the thread as Locked.
The user ban might be more complicated, because users post in multiple threads. I might need to give them an extra data point for the exact time when they are banned.
That said, a quicker fix would be to just change all threads with banned users to be in the past, that would just hide the problem. Ill probably just do that.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FrankieSmileShow posted:

There was a bug in which the animated picture of bowels throbbing appeared in the top right corner of the screen and never went away, even if you quit the game and restarted it, the goddam throbbing colon reappeared even in the title screen.
uh where's the bug

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

FrankieSmileShow posted:

he also preventing you from smelting all of your guns, which led to some bugs with code that presumed you always had at least one weapon equipped.

Melting down all your real gun's should automatically give you an Imaginary Gun.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

FrankieSmileShow posted:

There was a bug in which the animated picture of bowels throbbing appeared in the top right corner of the screen and never went away, even if you quit the game and restarted it, the goddam throbbing colon reappeared even in the title screen. Urto fixed that, along with a bunch of text editing and fixes.

yeah that poo poo's too realistic for the game imo

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
Heres what that looked like, for posterity

Tunicate posted:

Melting down all your real gun's should automatically give you an Imaginary Gun.
That would be pretty good actually, but the imaginary guns are a little too powerful for that, I think theyre in the top tier

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

DACK FAYDEN posted:

uh where's the bug

The infected colon achievement wasn't awarding correctly.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FrankieSmileShow posted:

oh so it's like reading SA

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Heres what that looked like, for posterity

Looks good in my books.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

what the.... there’s a second barkley??

Adbot