Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It’s fitting that our champion is someone who hasn’t really played in years. Also fitting that he’s essentially subbed in for a lurker modkill :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Even more fittingly he didn't sub in, our spot went to some rando.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Timing for the event (and my general mafia interest) ended up not working out. I had a work trip pop up after I committed and had to / wanted to bail.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Retro Futurist posted:

It’s fitting that our champion is someone who hasn’t really played in years. Also fitting that he’s essentially subbed in for a lurker modkill :laugh:

It's good I'm not subbing in I just used up all my skill in solus's game

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

hey quid its really important that you tell me whether or not you're actually confused by 420 69

Same.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

hey quid its really important that you tell me whether or not you're actually confused by 420 69

Not anymore! :v:

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It is a shameful lapse but you are a good Quidnose for owning up to it

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I’m always a good Quidnose :sun:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

hello mafia thread i haven't played in many years is there an open game

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
you're in it, friendo

this is the game

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

##vote busb

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

is it a faux pas to talk in very general terms about games in progress? cause this fuckin game jfc

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

OMGVBFLOL posted:

is it a faux pas to talk in very general terms about games in progress? cause this fuckin game jfc

It’s bad. Most games have a discord spectator chat where you can be the best version of yourself during the game.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

OMGVBFLOL posted:

It is one of the biggest faux pas possible, yeah - don't do it, wait till the game is over. If you're dead, ask the mod if there's a deadchat/spectatorchat you can vent in.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Podima posted:

It is one of the biggest faux pas possible, yeah - don't do it, wait till the game is over. If you're dead, ask the mod if there's a deadchat/spectatorchat you can vent in.

otoh I thought the game we’re complaining about is this one:

busb posted:

you're in it, friendo

this is the game

and I don’t care about your tongue-holding customs, the mod has really dropped the orb

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don’t get people signing up as observers all of a sudden. Why not just, you know, observe?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Retro Futurist posted:

I don’t get people signing up as observers all of a sudden. Why not just, you know, observe?

For me, I do a mixture of both. I read almost every game here but rarely have the time to play anymore. For a really cool concept, though, I like being able to chat with people about it while the game is going in obschat/deadchat. :shrug:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Generally it's so you get invited to the discord to talk poo poo in deadchat with the mod and/or get access to the moddoc. I know some mods leave the observers as in the dark as the actual players, though.

e: plus sometimes if the mod knows you're observing, and poo poo hits the fan for them IRL, you can possibly step in and moderate.

Mr. Humalong fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jun 16, 2019

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
observers are just spies

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I have the framework for a large 26 person themed Avengers game

Is anyone interested in helping moderate? I have very little experience with discord and could use someone with experience balancing a game. It is super unconventional but should be a fun time

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh yeah I guess I forgot about discord.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

peramene posted:

observers are just spies

And should be slain accordingly

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

kingcobweb posted:

I have no idea but this did remind me of the all-time GOAT tactic, “claim cop day one and that you investigated your scumbuddy and he’s scum in a game with no night 0”

this is some Galaxy brain poo poo

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It was an open setup with a cop and no doctor. The cop counter claimed alasdair and his scum buddy killed the cop and cruised to victory off of “there’s no reason he would have claimed his scum buddy was scum.”

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

kaschei posted:

It was an open setup with a cop and no doctor. The cop counter claimed alasdair and his scum buddy killed the cop and cruised to victory off of “there’s no reason he would have claimed his scum buddy was scum.”

wowza

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

now that's a gambit

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That's a pretty good gambit. It is almost as ridiculous as Ecco's d1 'merk is my confirmed mason' gambit which got us to cruise to a scum victory.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

They all chewed out Alasdair for the move after the game too even though it single handedly won his team the game.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
if you think about it, life itself is a gambit

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Bernstrike posted:

if you think about it, life itself is a gambit

deep if true

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
i'm gambit from x-men in real life so it checks out

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
So uh no interest in a co mod huh

I'd gladly take someone who doesn't want to play and just help balance. Please?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Squiggly posted:

So uh no interest in a co mod huh

I'd gladly take someone who doesn't want to play and just help balance. Please?

I can help co mod

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Mr. Humalong posted:

I can help co mod

My hero. You got PMs? Or is discord better to talk?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Squiggly posted:

My hero. You got PMs? Or is discord better to talk?

I got both, up to you!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m going to launch a sincere Twilight/New Moon game in a bit. This is 100% legitimate and will require a Toxx to respect the source material in order to sign up. MVPs will receive 10$ gift cards to a business/chain of their choice

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
What does it mean to respect the source material?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

No h8

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

All of my posts sparkle so count me in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

How I Learned to Stop Judging and Love Your Baby, I Mean Really Love Your Baby In Particular