Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kyrosiris posted:

This man also likes geomancers

let that influence how you interpret his heresy

Poque posted:

:toxx:

$20 per run that utilizes a near-to-full-power Brave Blade (I'll say 145+ attack power to allow for some accidental runs) on an Equip Swords Geomancer in their fight against NED.

I will require a screenshot showing the equipment screen, such as the one above, and a screenshot of the Geomancer attacking NED in the battle (or TreeDeath I GUESS). Caps at $100.

:toxx:

BRING THEM TO ME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Poque posted:

Brave Blade Best Blade

But the Chicken Knife is a knife so it being better doesn't contradict that.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
knives have blades

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

OzFactor posted:

I'm really not sure four level 99 Berserkers can beat NED in the Matrix version. The amount of things that would have to go in your favor are just insane while you wait for them to whittle it down. Matrix Berserkers always target the closest (right-most) enemy so you're looking at a handful of Almagests and three Grand Crosses at an absolute minimum... and then you have one piece left at full HP with the rage timer activated. So that's, like, dozens of Meteors.

It's an interesting thought exercise, though. Maybe you do full on three Zombie-Death-Sickles and give your one living Berserker the Gaia Hammer to get a maximum spread of damage? You'd have to have insane luck to get through all the Grand Crosses, but, well, you'd have to have insane luck to do anything here.

Yeah, this question is part of why I want to try eventually. I haven't done the math, but I was thinking 3 or even 4 Gaia hammers.

Kyrosiris posted:

This man also likes geomancers

let that influence how you interpret his heresy

Brave Blade and Geomancer are both extremely good.

Personally I like brave blade because I find it to be a fun puzzle on matrix to figure out the optimal auto battle for different encounter tables. Though also as far as I can tell, matrix has a lower encounter rate.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Nasgate posted:

Brave Blade and Geomancer are both extremely good.

:wrong:

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

Funktastic posted:

So I guess it's time for my donation pledge!

Since my first time beating FFV was through the 4JF I'll donate $1 per person (max $20)who also has their first run of FFV through the fiesta!

May be doubled later depending on my money situation.

this got missed in the toxx post (i forgot to do anything to make it stand out whoops)

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

:toxx: Mine (Randomizer) didn't get picked up either.

KataraniSword posted:

So what you're saying is that there are appropriate parties for it and you should never run from a battle in World 1 ever. Got it. :shepface:
Here we go again. :sigh:

Look Sharp!
Mar 24, 2013

derra posted:

Had anyone made a list of Sealed Weapons by sell price? I could use that tbh.

"Sasuke's Katana, Magus Rod, Sage's Staff, and Fire Lash all sell for 10,000 gil. The Assassin's Dagger technically does too, but pretty much every team in the game can make use of that unless you somehow get a party of all White Mages and/or Monks. The Gaia Bell also sells for 4500 gil, not as much as the others but still more than the ones I didn't mention, which only sell for 5 each."

From an infopost in the discord.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
gently caress it, I made a new Twitter account just for the Fiesta and signe dup for an Advance Run.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

derra posted:

Had anyone made a list of Sealed Weapons by sell price? I could use that tbh.

quote:

8:38 PM Mega64 :
Thanks to Twelve by Pies for the following:

Sasuke's Katana, Magus Rod, Sage's Staff, and Fire Lash all sell for 10,000 gil. The Assassin's Dagger technically does too, but pretty much every team in the game can make use of that unless you somehow get a party of all White Mages and/or Monks. The Gaia Bell also sells for 4500 gil, not as much as the others but still more than the ones I didn't mention, which only sell for 5 each.

edit: lmao beaten I'm sorry

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

It should be noted that the Matrix versions make Geomancer significantly more useful. A fully unlocked Gaia is pretty useful in a lot of situations. I've used mine a lot to grind on Iron Giants at the end of the game in the room right after Halicarnassus--Twister always hits them, then you just poke them and they die. Of course, parties without Geomancers usually don't have to grind at the end of the game...

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Thanks, being over 35 means I don't get this Discord thing

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

derra posted:

Think of it as sort of IRC with the option to use voice chat channels

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

OzFactor posted:

It should be noted that the Matrix versions make Geomancer significantly more useful. A fully unlocked Gaia is pretty useful in a lot of situations. I've used mine a lot to grind on Iron Giants at the end of the game in the room right after Halicarnassus--Twister always hits them, then you just poke them and they die. Of course, parties without Geomancers usually don't have to grind at the end of the game...

Similarly, grinding iron backs and metamorph in w2

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

someone should catalogue all the toxx clause runs or w/e, so I can say I will do each one of them, and then do none of them.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

someone should catalogue all the toxx clause runs or w/e, so I can say I will do each one of them, and then do none of them.

The third post in this thread has that exact information.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

nice. I will do all of them

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I might job fair for knight or geo if I get the other, shame I can't have that geo also double ragnarok.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Funktastic posted:

this got missed in the toxx post (i forgot to do anything to make it stand out whoops)

My bad. :shobon: Fixed.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

GulagDolls posted:

nice. I will do all of them

Do mine

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

derra posted:

Don't worry. Discord is bad.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

MagusDraco posted:

Think of it as bad IRC with the option to use voice chat channels

Fixed that for you

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
You don't have to tell people you're antisocial that explicitly. :v:

Any ideas when we'll start the fiesta? I'm moving this weekend so I'm sorta hoping it won't be then, but I suppose I don't have to start right on the dot.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The big countdown timer on the front page of the main site says we'll start about this time on Tuesday.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Ritznit posted:

Any ideas when we'll start the fiesta? I'm moving this weekend so I'm sorta hoping it won't be then, but I suppose I don't have to start right on the dot.

The Fiesta starts when The Run™ ends, which according to the site is tentatively this Sunday.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Sometimes it's a bit earlier or later depending on how long The Run takes (if there's a straggler for instance) and if revenantkioku is busy or asleep/something goes wrong.

Kyrosiris posted:

My bad. :shobon: Fixed.
Thanks! Let me know before next Fiesta if you'd like me to handle that post, I generally keep an eye out for that stuff anyway because I think challenges are fun!

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Ritznit posted:

You don't have to tell people you're antisocial that explicitly. :v:

Gilgabot will not begin dispensing jobs to the public until all four of the speed runners finish their race, which will start when the countdown timer on the site hits 0.

The run is going to be a bit longer than a basic minimal any% speedrun of FF5 because the runners will all have to do several extra tasks that will add time and difficulty. Remembering very little about the composition from 2017 (the same jobs as this year, because of some goon donating a huge amount), I would guess the runners will take 7-9 hours to all be finished assuming nothing disastrous derails them. With Dragondarch that is always a possibility.

After all four runners are done, RK will flip some switches manually and everyone else can Fiesta at their own pace. You are right, you don’t have to start right on the dot.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

mp5 posted:

Gilgabot will not begin dispensing jobs to the public until all four of the speed runners finish their race, which will start when the countdown timer on the site hits 0.

The run is going to be a bit longer than a basic minimal any% speedrun of FF5 because the runners will all have to do several extra tasks that will add time and difficulty. Remembering very little about the composition from 2017 (the same jobs as this year, because of some goon donating a huge amount), I would guess the runners will take 7-9 hours to all be finished assuming nothing disastrous derails them. With Dragondarch that is always a possibility.

After all four runners are done, RK will flip some switches manually and everyone else can Fiesta at their own pace. You are right, you don’t have to start right on the dot.

It's an important note to make: RK does pretty much everything but assigning jobs & tweeting them out/having your fiesta page update with them manually. Sometimes you finish a run, tweet a picture and get approved immediately; sometimes you have to wait a while because RK is looking at each one for confirmations. RK is in...Japan, IIRC? so there's time zones to consider as well.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

mp5 posted:

It's worth noting if a runner cannot finish due to tech issues or completely and utterly falls apart live on stream (as has happened with happysquid and Dragondarch respectively in past years), RK has the power to start it whenever he pleases, but it will generally be about a half hour to an hour after the second-to-last-place finishes before that option is taken.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I'm not sure why the countdown timer still says five days because the Run is scheduled for Sunday. I guess RK just doesn't have much confidence in his runners.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
What does Popular pull from, is it based on The Run vote?
Is there a patch to unlock Chaos jobs?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

DalaranJ posted:

What does Popular pull from, is it based on The Run vote?
Is there a patch to unlock Chaos jobs?

Popular is weighted towards The Run votes, yes. As it stands, you'd be most likely to roll White Mage and will almost never pull Mystic Knight.

If you roll a job you don't have in Chaos/Pure Chaos, you just go without until you hit the relevant crystal. If you get Bard on Wind and Black Mage on Water, you run all Freelancer until Water, at which point you go four Black Mage until you hit the Fire crystal. (Unless you're on Natural, but cool kids never run Natural.)

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Counter point, there are patches or other ways to unlock jobs early if you go chaos. Just do that because freelancers are boring.

To paraphrase someone earlier in the thread, worry less about rules and donate more money for charity.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Samuel Clemens posted:

I'm not sure why the countdown timer still says five days because the Run is scheduled for Sunday. I guess RK just doesn't have much confidence in his runners.

Better for the timer to be inaccurate in the future than in the past, otherwise people get antsy with WHERE JOBS TIMER AT ZERO

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Samuel Clemens posted:

I'm pretty sure every year that countdown has been an alternate start time. If for whatever reason the run is not done by then, things flip anyway.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

BisbyWorl posted:

Popular is weighted towards The Run votes, yes. As it stands, you'd be most likely to roll White Mage and will almost never pull Mystic Knight.

Hmm, it looks like Gilgabot did a series of twitter votes earlier in the year, so it might actually be based on that. If so, the most likely results will be Blue Mage, Time Mage, Summoner, White Mage. Leans very 750 heavy, although Samurai was reasonably popular.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Waiting for what Raving Loon will throw at us this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

StoryTime posted:

Waiting for what Raving Loon will throw at us this time.

Fest done Fast round 2.