Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Kurnugia posted:

Didn't the US and canada use mandatory schooling as one of their tools in the cultural and quite literal genocide against indian tribes?

Every nation state in Europe exists because they introduced mandatory schooling. Don't think that is an overstatement. By the very nature of the beast a state relies on a certain level of coercion.
Though that probably has little to do with what's going on in Xichuang currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

quote:

Lucio Pitlo, an expert on Chinese studies, said that the Chinese government “absolutely hates” gambling.

Gambling is raw, naked wealth extraction of the poorest of society. Good on Xi for upholding the principles of Marxism.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

GoutPatrol posted:

Does anyone know which twitch channel is best to watch the CIA plants get what they deserve

https://twitter.com/khtjessie/status/1138786592938528768

https://twitter.com/wo_08/status/1138745200719699969

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

Whenever I see these kind of videos I always see 20 people holding their cameras closer to the action than the one post the video. How come I never see a video that's directly in front of the action?

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

tino posted:

Whenever I see these kind of videos I always see 20 people holding their cameras closer to the action than the one post the video. How come I never see a video that's directly in front of the action?

Videos that close up are usually not very good because its hard to tell what's happening. You also run the risk of getting arrested or having your camera confiscated that close to cops.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

remember when the french police were bashing skulls in and shooting people in the face with tear gas canisters and nobody cared? im gonna not care about this either.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
acab, this is the universal truth

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

caberham posted:

Yes please post a wide frame of the million march Sunday, and show us how many of those colonial flags you see. Oh and you can add in the union jack :jerkbag:

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
wide frame shot of all the marchers you fucker.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
the HK government backed down for the moment, god save the queen etc.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
bullshit it’s

自己香港自己救

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ReadAndAct_/status/1139192054083461120?s=20

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
powerful posting energy

Heer98 posted:

Please remember that when talking to Pevan Stan, he’s a brain broken, extremely online guy who’s been basically on the alt-right. I don’t believe he’s actually a leftist at all, he’s just an Asian American guy who decided he really, really hates white people, and this is why he appears in any Asia related thread to snipe at white guys who live in Asia (and therefore have/had sex with Asian women). It’s super obvious and he does a poor job of concealing it, but he kinda parrots some currently popular left talking points so it mostly goes unnoticed.

He’s not angry at protestors in HK for opposing some plank of policy, his real feeling is probably that they’re basically all *race traitors* for not being part of the (fictitious) glorious, unified Han race and the new China. You can tell by his class tenor for the real, actual posters from HK who deeply care about their city and the lives of their fellow citizens.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/panarin_misha/status/1139888153131716608?s=20

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

dang i really didn't expect them to back down on this

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
i havent read a single post itt but i assume you guys are all thirstily licking cop boot lol

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Lightning Knight posted:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

:hai:

also those cows :3:

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Lightning Knight posted:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

powerful posting energy

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/CitizensAR/status/1138072561449914368

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
who’s Sasha gong?

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
thankfully we have better people who are against the extradition

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I keep meaning to play Mao's legacy but I haven't gotten around to it. I hope it's as broad as crisis and it lets me do insane poo poo like reviving the monarchy and ushering in a new dynasty

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

*the China goons when they see R. Guyovich going after Bloodnose*
[starring Bloodnose as Iron man, caberham as bruce banner, me as hawkeye, jeoh as Thor, caberham's wife as black widow, Alex as captain America, and starring R. Guyovich as the super weird mechanical bullshit thing, and peven stan as all the weird crawly things on the building]:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBqqI6NMeaM

The Great Autismo! has issued a correction as of 09:39 on Jun 16, 2019

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

The Great Autismo! posted:

*the China goons when they see R. Guyovich going after Bloodnose*
[starring Bloodnose as Iron man, caberham as bruce banner, me as hawkeye, jeoh as Thor, caberham's wife as black widow, Alex as captain America, and starring R. Guyovich as the super weird mechanical bullshit thing, and peven stan as all the weird crawly things on the building]:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBqqI6NMeaM

normal

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

either post better or probate me for a month man

do better

also, what VPN are you using

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.
bloodnose taking rhetorical bullets for Elliott Abrams of all people is peak interventionist goon

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
He’s not interventionist?

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
I don’t like abrams or Bolton or whatever. And historical US foreign policy like the Iraq war and funding right wing death squads was bad!

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
it’s a big turn out today.

calling us rioters, gently caress you

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

caberham posted:

it’s a big turn out today.

calling us rioters, gently caress you

how much were you paid for this post

its ok we're not cops

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

In a serious post I talked to the protests with two of my classes on thursday about how this relates to taiwan and their own political situation. It is fun to talk about that stuff with 10th graders and hear what they have to say about it

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

GoutPatrol posted:

In a serious post I talked to the protests with two of my classes on thursday about how this relates to taiwan and their own political situation. It is fun to talk about that stuff with 10th graders and hear what they have to say about it

Taiwan politic is already waaayyy divided.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
no one is surrounding the police to beat them up, everyone is just marching in an orderly procession, helping each other out.

police motorcycles and vehicles are randomly lying around. no one looting stores or burning other vehicles.

A RIOT? :fuckoff:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I really don't think it's fair to say that incidents like the J20 protests or the various BLM uprisings conversely deserve to be called riots just because property damage was involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Grapplejack posted:

I keep meaning to play Mao's legacy but I haven't gotten around to it. I hope it's as broad as crisis and it lets me do insane poo poo like reviving the monarchy and ushering in a new dynasty

it's not as good, the game feels 50% done