Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Well, this certainly was a manga running in Shonen Jump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Fabricated posted:

So are we getting a really awful Naruto-tier "everyone paired off and married" epilogue?

That's pretty much what I want, minus the Boruto-style "lets keep this poo poo running" aspect. That's been better than I expected over there, but I don't really need it for this manga.

And I didn't mind the Inuyasha ending one bit either, by the by.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TheKingofSprings posted:

Well, this certainly was a manga running in Shonen Jump
Would you say that it's been... a Jumpy ride?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So is the anime not happening anymore?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Season 4 was announced. So yes you can finally watch the arcs that got the manga cancelled

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Kinda sad that LRisa Taneda never returned as Erina. Hisako Kanemoto was fine, but Taneda made me enjoy Erina before she had her whole arc. :(

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

NowonSA posted:

I do rather hate that so much is left unfinished (Erina's mom hasn't tasted the mega benedict-don, we don't know what the deal is with Souma's mom, cooking superpowers introduced as a proper thing this late in the game and then not really escalated to true Prince of Tennis levels of ridiculousness) but it was a fun ride overall, and hopefully the epilogue will give me some of the things I want to see. Given that I don't recognize most of the characters from it I'm worried it'll just be a time jump and barely feature the characters of the manga, or otherwise downplay giving resolution to their various arcs, though really a simple "10 years later and here's where they are" style thing would suit me just fine, so not holding a time jump against it at all as long as it fills in all that stuff.
The rest is all legitimate but I don't think the benedict-don was ever meant for Erina-mom. It was just to bring Erina back to her senses, then they had a real match with different dishes. That's how I read it, anyway.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

He said he made enough for both of them. It was absolutely his dish for the contest.

In other news, I saw an article saying that the spinoff ended, which was surprising because I was not aware it was still going on.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

a major running theme of the comic was that it is important for a chef to find someone to cook for with all of his heart

just because soma made it as his entry for the last round doesn't mean it was made for the purpose of being his entry in the last round

he clearly didn't care about winning at that point, he made that dish so that erina could shake off her Big Sad and make the actual ultimate winning dish

this is like the one thing SnS successfully built up and executed upon when all was said and done

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

That's fine and all, but the idea that he would then cook another dish for this same battle, instead of an "I'll get you the next one" is patently absurd.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

yeah he definitely did not do that, i agree. his victory condition was always getting erina back to herself

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Looks like Viz released the first epilogue chapter. :nws:https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/food-wars-chapter-315-1/chapter/18433?action=read:nws:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Can't believe Soma's mom is gonna be the literal last chapter, unless there's another epilogue story after that.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

Can't believe Soma's mom is gonna be the literal last chapter, unless there's another epilogue story after that.

Food Wars is the Gintoki of cooking manga.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Allarion posted:

There’s 2 chapters left.

E: the character development haircuts were actually good this time

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I'm legitimately really excited about the next chapter.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Can't believe it took Shokugeki ending for Shokugeki to get really good again.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
alice talking like a valley girl is not okay

edit: short hair erina is okay though

Inflammatory fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jun 28, 2019

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Erina's new look is bad. There I said it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

yeah. she looks like a little kid

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

wow just pulling out all the stops for that spread there aren't they

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mulderman posted:

Erina's new look is bad. There I said it.

It’s really bad but Hisako’s new look is fantastic

I don’t understand what they were thinking giving her and Ryoko bowl cuts

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Lmao this fuckin thing is going to air on Toonami, I can’t believe it

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Lmao this fuckin thing is going to air on Toonami, I can’t believe it

Like, Adult Swim Saturdays or did they bring back afternoon Toonami?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Like, Adult Swim Saturdays or did they bring back afternoon Toonami?

Adult Swim Saturdays

I can’t imagine the hoops it would take to get it on an afternoon broadcast

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Is there any anime on TV outside of Toonami that isn't heavily commercialized kids shows? Pokemon, Digimon, Beyblade, that sort of thing I see on in the morning/afternoon but I don't remember the last time I saw anything more substantial than that. I think Dragonball Kai might've been on in the afternoon? But that's all I can think of. I'm legitimately curious but not enough to actually want to do the research.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spoilers for the next epilogue chapter are coming out.

...Saiba is apparently Erina's half-brother. lmao.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
lol jesus christ what an abomination

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Fabricated posted:

gently caress yeah Souma/Megumi end confirmed

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Dexo posted:

gently caress yeah Souma/Megumi end confirmed
If anything it's greasing the skids for Souma to end up with Erina.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Fabricated posted:

Joichirou or Asahi?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

hiddenriverninja posted:

Joichirou or Asahi?
Asahi. I guess Azami is the one who knocked up Asahi's abusive mom.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Oh I parsed that wrong. gently caress

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fabricated posted:

I think someone called this.

Edit: I'm dumb and read it as Souma.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Chapter is out. HAHAHAHAHA! gently caress YOU!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's so insanely bad. Clearly Tsukuda saw fans being okay with Asahi (I just think "Saiba" since it was the name he went by as a bad guy) getting Erina and he really, really, really wanted to preclude any possibility contrary to what he wanted himself.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

At least Souma's mom continues to be cool.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
She's also dead

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i'm glad souma's mom didn't have to watch this manga's slow descent into madness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Like being siblings has ever stopped either fan or authorial shipping.