Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I can’t believe Mr Resetti is loving dead, and also gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

a.lo posted:

If you actually read it the director of Animal Crossing said that Mr. Ressiti isn't going away. He wasn't fired t the director said look for him somewhere else. He is not going away. He is being relocated elsewhere. He is probably getting a new role in a new position where he can still charm the player on occasion. Not sure why people are saying Mr. Ressiti is gone forever when he has been a staple of this game from the start. Stop jumping to conclusions.

mr. resetti is your new assistant

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
I showed my girlfriend Cadence of Hyrule, and she hated the music.
:negative:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Scuttlebutt is it is a 2011 title that kind of just sat on the shelf.

They made a Contra announcement like 5 years ago that never materialized so maybe yeah.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

RandomFerret posted:

I wouldn't call Contra a beloved franchise. There hasn't been a good one in over twenty years

I forgot the name of it but there's an indie game that's basically Contra coming out that looks like the best one since the SNES

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Merkinman posted:

:sever:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

RandomFerret posted:

I wouldn't call Contra a beloved franchise. There hasn't been a good one in over twenty years

Something can be beloved and not have a new entry for decades.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Very late but god drat that new Contra game looks bad. Who is that for? People who are nostalgic for lovely budget PS2 games?
people who want Konami to use their IPs for video games and not pachinko

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This release schedule is loving me up.
Between now and March, I have no reason to put down my Switch. It's incredible.

I mean, the Mana collection is like 100 hours minimum (although I'm blowing through SOM on muscle memory).

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The Merkinman posted:

Clearly you mean your ex.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEi50vf9I6E

Really good technical game (actual) explain from the technical guy that works with them sometimes. Looks like the game is going to look a lot better than the first.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The Silver Snail posted:

It does seem probable though. I couldn't imagine Microsoft going through the motions of negotiating Banjo in Smash without also sliding a port collection under the door, at minimum.

I'm assuming that at least Banjo-Kazooie will be on the inevitable N64 Classic.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEi50vf9I6E

Really good technical game (actual) explain from the technical guy that works with them sometimes. Looks like the game is going to look a lot better than the first.

It wasn't made to run on a Wii U. That in itself should help for many things I'd imagine.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SeANMcBAY posted:

Blows my mind that they’d say yes to a new Contra and not try to make another 2D one like this. Contra 4 was good.

A lot of other characters have changed jobs like this as well. I like that Animal Crossing has a continuity with its special NPCs.

Lyle is the best character, from lovely insurance salesman to honest worker who came to love his job because of his niece.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Merkinman posted:

I think you know what to do.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

RZA Encryption posted:

When do we get the Glover Switch port everyone's demanding?

Literally everyone.
Only if they keep the save deleting bug and reclassify the game as a roguelike.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Very late but god drat that new Contra game looks bad. Who is that for? People who are nostalgic for lovely budget PS2 games?

Contra is seeing a resurgence in China because of a free-to-play mobile game released there, there's also a live-action movie being made over there. That's probably why.

Also the budget PS2 Contra games fuckin' ruled and look way better than this garbage.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Phantasium posted:

Contra is seeing a resurgence in China because of a free-to-play mobile game released there, there's also a live-action movie being made over there. That's probably why.

Also the budget PS2 Contra games fuckin' ruled and look way better than this garbage.

shattered soldier ftw

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I wish Cadence of Hyrule had a little more difficulty/enemy variety but I would say the same of the 2D Zeldas I've played so I guess it nailed it in that sense.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

I forgot the name of it but there's an indie game that's basically Contra coming out that looks like the best one since the SNES

Are you talking about Mechstermination Force? If so, that came out back in April. I never played it but it looked like more of a Contra-like boss rush game. If it was more like Contra with actual horizontal scrolling and vertically scrolling levels, I think I would've bought it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Mahoning posted:

Are you talking about Mechstermination Force? If so, that came out back in April. I never played it but it looked like more of a Contra-like boss rush game. If it was more like Contra with actual horizontal scrolling and vertically scrolling levels, I think I would've bought it.

It's Shadow of the Colossus with giant mechs, it's pretty cool. I still need to go back to it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

PantsBandit posted:

I wish Cadence of Hyrule had a little more difficulty/enemy variety but I would say the same of the 2D Zeldas I've played so I guess it nailed it in that sense.

Hell it's true to BotW to have a tiny pool of enemies with a few different colours.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
hard corps uprising was good contra. i have no idea why they are making rogue corps. the ps1 contras were top down and terrible. konami is the worst

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

DLC Inc posted:

Are you talking about Huntdown?

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/huntdown-switch/

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Steve2911 posted:

Hell it's true to BotW to have a tiny pool of enemies with a few different colours.

BotW has a ton of enemy types, a lot are just really rare for whatever dumb reason. Discounting the elemental variants and tiers of Bokoblins/Moblins theres still like 30+ distinct base enemy typea.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
All of you that said Cadence is way easier than Necrodancer are LIARS

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Macaluso posted:

All of you that said Cadence is way easier than Necrodancer are LIARS

Just get some heart pieces and a decent weapon and the game mostly falls over.

Still a great game though.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Zore posted:

BotW has a ton of enemy types, a lot are just really rare for whatever dumb reason. Discounting the elemental variants and tiers of Bokoblins/Moblins theres still like 30+ distinct base enemy typea.

There are like ~15 including over-world "bosses". I'm not complaining, but I don't think there are anywhere near 30.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

whaley posted:

hard corps uprising was good contra. i have no idea why they are making rogue corps. the ps1 contras were top down and terrible. konami is the worst
well, they are konami, who are konami, and are the worst

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ah, ok, here it is. It's called Blazing Chrome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX_8MV-cmc4

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

There are like ~15 including over-world "bosses". I'm not complaining, but I don't think there are anywhere near 30.

Yeah looking at the wiki it's 10-15 depending on what you classify as unique (eg I didn't count every skeleton separately).

The issue is that you fight four of them for 95% of the game and the different biomes have very little in terms of unique enemies.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The only enemy worth a drat is the rain.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Mega64 posted:

The first time I exploded to the lightning storm my mind shattered and I fell in love. Then I played 150 more hours.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think some enemies end up feeling very different to fight depending what weapon they are using as well.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mega64 posted:

I beat Ganon in one try a quarter of the way in on accident. The rain is a greater foe.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
The pro controller is $49 on amazon. It doesn't say that's a discount. Is it? Is there a cheaper place to get it?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
50 is as low as it gets. MSRP is 70.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

redreader posted:

The pro controller is $49 on amazon. It doesn't say that's a discount. Is it? Is there a cheaper place to get it?

Pretty hard to find it much cheaper. You could spend a month combing for deals and maybe get it for 47 bucks. Not worth doing that.

I think I got mine when it was 53 or something.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

PneumonicBook posted:

Just get some heart pieces and a decent weapon and the game mostly falls over.

Still a great game though.

Yeah, one poster here said to get the spear and they were right. Almost none of the enemies have an attack range that's more than one square, so the spear just trivializes everything.

Of course, even without the spear you've got arrows, the boomerang, etc. Anything that gives you a little range will work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Probably already posted but apparently Phil Spencer confirmed on Giant Bomb yesterday that the English version of PSO2 is also coming to Switch.