Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

It doesn't really matter what their metrics are given they have only one set of metrics. They can only compare the entirety of their implementation of nightwave to not nightwave.

But at this point we're just derailing into a discussion on general development practices.

(Also Nora talks too much, shhh please I kill these same exact 3 dudes every 5 minutes, they don't need to be commented on every time Nora, it's like Skyrim up in this)

Phigs fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
*gets six fish*

ONE OF OUR OWN BELIEVES THEY ARE THE EQUAL OF OUR FOE, AND

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

she's great

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'd probably like her if we got her in in smaller amounts. There's no way to get away from her. She talk too drat much

I'm just glad we have Ordis back. If only I could disable OrdisLotus permanently now.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

mormonpartyboat posted:

*gets six fish*

ONE OF OUR OWN BELIEVES THEY ARE THE EQUAL OF OUR FOE, AND

waves hello

DREAMERS, I HAVE FOR YOU A TALE OF TRIUMPH OVER ADVERSITY

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
This all kind of relies on furious forum people as a metric for bad game design. Attributing hour-long survivals and friends-only activities to some sort of objective development failure is just a bit of a stretch.

Thankfully we have Nightwave Season 2 to look forward to, where the tone will change from "60 minute survivals are a slap in the face!" to "20 minute survivals are a slap in the face!".

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Personally I love The Warriors. Its a great movie. Im glad someone at DE is a fan and every time I hear Nora Im delighted. Now get Alad V clinking a bunch of bottles and yelling 'Tenno come out to playyyy...' and there is no limit to the monies I will give

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
playing this game is a slap in the face

just give me all the helmets so i can log off and never come back with dignity

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

mormonpartyboat posted:

playing this game is a slap in the face

just give me all the helmets so i can log off and never come back with dignity

yo what if they introduce more cross-overs (Magic? Really?) and you can get a Pip Boy Prime accessory???

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

id spend money to get my amp to look like a pip boy.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i do like the pip boy and his beguiling machinations

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Moreau posted:

Now get Alad V Tyl Regor clinking a bunch of bottles and yelling 'Tenno come out to playyyy...' and there is no limit to the monies I will give

Oct 28, 2003

MAGGOTS COME OUT TO PLAYYYY

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Psion posted:

nora is cool and good, it's true

She's a little too much 'stock black character.' Sets off my racism alarm bells.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

gaj70 posted:

She's a little too much 'stock black character.' Sets off my racism alarm bells.

Yeah, kinda same. I wince a little If Nora pipes up with other people in the room

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

gaj70 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfzSkJvK5PE

She seems nice. :shrug:

https://twitter.com/sheryldeem

prefect fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 14, 2019

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Yeah I know that’s what it’s referencing but it’s 2019, maybe we can let a trope from the 70s stay there

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
It's not like she's that one deus ex npc or something
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He09JaBVZdE

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I'd put Nora on the safe side of the loving homage/stereotype line, but it does exist in the context of a medium that has massive problems with regurgitating stereotypes.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Let's not do this since goons can't discuss anything without over exaggeration or hyperbole

Just came back after a break and Distruption is a lot of fun, just have to learn the secret to murdering the dudes who spawn to blow up your console

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
The secret is audio cues and magus lockdown

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

I think everyone can agree Hek is the best voice in Warframe. His ranting is endlessly entertaining to me.

Fresh FROM THE BAG!

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

:toot: now i want to buy a 3d printer and learn it to make a mount for this

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I watched Soul Man last night. Unintentional racism could get a lot, lot worse than Nora Night.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

I haven't done Plague Star before. I'm very excited now.

edit: Wait it hasn't actually launched yet. I'm totally unexcited.

Malloc Voidstar fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 14, 2019

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Phigs posted:

I think everyone can agree Hek is the best voice in Warframe. His ranting is endlessly entertaining to me.

Fresh FROM THE BAG!

My ghouls came from bags. You will leave in them!!

He needs a few more snappy lines, though. For every time he vows to personally throw the Lotus into the sun, there's a more generic villainous threat that the voice can only do so much with. (The voice is still pretty good even on the less interesting lines. His voice actor is having so much fun destroying his vocal chords for the greater good of mankind, and I admire him for it.)

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
all I want from New War is for it to somehow reveal that Vay Hek was the good guy all along and now he's taking over for Lotus

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Plague Star is live now, come shower yourself in Forma

Also if you're new like me, note that you get more standing rewards by cooking up stuff to add to the toxin. The blueprint for the "Infested Catalyst" is available via the clan dojo bio lab and the blueprint for the "Eidolon Phylaxes" is available from Nakah, who is the standing store person for the event. So I guess you have to do one mission first before you can get the latter. Also, don't touch the boil.

Bazanga
Oct 10, 2006
chinchilla farmer
Are any of these builds completely outdated and not worth pursuing anymore? I took a break for about a year and was originally following this guide as a general rule of stuff to target as a goal. Now I'm back and am not sure if they are all still worthwhile. https://warframeguide.com/must-have-warframe-build-examples/

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lessee here...

quote:

freeze force build

lol no, you should ignore everything this person has ever said. he's wrong about how trinity works and his chroma build is worthless, too. also, for some bizarre reason he uses partly leveled mods instead of forma. what the gently caress?

Bazanga
Oct 10, 2006
chinchilla farmer
Okie doke. Glad I asked. Back to my Rhino/Hek/Lesion build goals then.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol like every build has open mod slots. absolutely terrible

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
in wf, frame builds are more general than specific. you pump certain stats and can tank others, and then stick in some defense mods. there are a few specific break points to aim for, like excal or nova, but mostly it's just a matter of sticking in mods for the stats you want. chroma needs str followed by dur, so put in str and dur to taste. what you ask around for is which stats are useful for a particular frame.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Can anyone give me a dummy down version of what PLAGUE star is and how to do it?
I want forma and Zaw bits and winning at life

Bazanga
Oct 10, 2006
chinchilla farmer

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

in wf, frame builds are more general than specific. you pump certain stats and can tank others, and then stick in some defense mods. there are a few specific break points to aim for, like excal or nova, but mostly it's just a matter of sticking in mods for the stats you want. chroma needs str followed by dur, so put in str and dur to taste. what you ask around for is which stats are useful for a particular frame.

So how do you know what stats to chase for a specific frame? Like, I have Mesa but don't really know how to build her out.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Bazanga posted:

So how do you know what stats to chase for a specific frame? Like, I have Mesa but don't really know how to build her out.

Mod her for as much duration and energy as you can while keeping her power strength at least 120% for maximum shatter shield damage reduction and then any open slots to taste. I like Mesa's Waltz for moving during Peacemaker.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Can anyone give me a dummy down version of what PLAGUE star is and how to do it?

Fill a drone with zit cream and kill 4 minibosses.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Go to the clan bio lab and get Infested Catalyst and craft+equip that
Do the Plague Star bounty from Konzu, which involves:
* Go steal some toxin
* Go start a mixer, where you will want to activate your Infested Catalyst (it wants 4, so 1 per person ideally)
* Defend mixer
* Go do an objective where not-Lephantis will spawn, kill infested and it
Use your new standing to rank up from Nakak, redeem the Eidolon Phylaxis and craft that and use it alongside Infested Catalyst going forwards (it increases difficulty + standing reward)

I've only actually done this once but I also read the wiki so I think this is right

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Go to the clan bio lab and get Infested Catalyst and craft+equip that
Do the Plague Star bounty from Konzu, which involves:
* Go steal some toxin
* Go start a mixer, where you will want to activate your Infested Catalyst (it wants 4, so 1 per person ideally)
* Defend mixer
* Go do an objective where not-Lephantis will spawn, kill infested and it
Use your new standing to rank up from Nakak, redeem the Eidolon Phylaxis and craft that and use it alongside Infested Catalyst going forwards (it increases difficulty + standing reward)

I've only actually done this once but I also read the wiki so I think this is right

That's about it really, remember to equip your phylaxis/catalyst in the gear wheel before starting. Also the standing caps (prior to max level) are pretty dumb so you need to remember to rank up with Nakak every single time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
The real question: who to use aura forma on?