Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Darkman Fanpage posted:

this false flag poo poo funny to me. everyone so easily forgets that mbs ordered the murder of a prominent dissident journalist in a saudi consulate. you think he's above ordering attacks on foreign shipping in an attempt to give the us a reason to attack iran?

King MBS is gonna be lit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

christ I forgot he was still crown prince

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

i say swears online posted:

christ I forgot he was still crown prince

at least it means if the king's brain completely melts he might name some other dipshit as heir at the last second

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

If Crowned Prince Mohammad bin Salman doesn't ultimately bring down the United States, Crowned Prince Mortgage Backed Securities will

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Over Easy posted:

If Crowned Prince Mohammad bin Salman doesn't ultimately bring down the United States, Crowned Prince Mortgage Backed Securities will

Ins'Allah

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i thought bm was opening up shop to cover the yemen conflict

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Dreylad posted:

any day now

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

lmfao

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Dreylad posted:

mostly to stay busy in between flogging imperialistic narratives with 120p video "proof"

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
i've run the numbers. been on wikipedia all day. looked at photos in a few news stories and checked them with google earth and frankly: i'm beginning to think one or two of those airstrikes in yemen hit civilian targ--OH poo poo THAT CUTTER IS DEFINITELY loving AROUND WITH A LIMPET MINE

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

how do you look at this farce and not come to the conclusion its some hairbrained scheme cooked up by trump and MBS

don't be an idiot

it could have MBZ and Bolton who came up the idea

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Willie Tomg posted:

mostly to stay busy in between flogging imperialistic narratives with 120p video "proof"

im a simple man, just looking for some detailed analysis of grainy photos and the thinnest amount of local knowledge to detail houthi war crimes

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Seeing you all appear to think my opinion on this incident is so important you can go read it in the New York Times:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/14/opinion/iran-tanker-attacks.html

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Who are you?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1139663968404770817?s=21

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Brown Moses posted:

Seeing you all appear to think my opinion on this incident is so important you can go read it in the New York Times:

lmao has not made the case.

"goddammit guys, please lie less obviously. i'm not a loving wizard"

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Brown Moses posted:

go to hell you dumb psychopath bitch

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
absolutely bizarre this fascination some posters have with a moderator who leveraged their position into a thinktank-supported sinecure spoonfeeding ideological slop to the Someone Must Do Something warmonger caucus so other peoples' kids can die in the latest incarnation of the great game. it must be a trial having chained yourself to a dying empire being torn apart by its own incongruity, but you buy the court eunuch's ticket you take the court eunuch's ride. perhaps if wisconsin was geocached on open source media or whateverthefuck your expertise could have helped think tanks help the democrats "make the case" more effectively than this. your greatest career aspirations are as the middle management ideas guy in the marketing department of brushfire wars of opportunity, you trifling piece of poo poo.

Willie Tomg has issued a correction as of 00:09 on Jun 15, 2019

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
brown moses you are the chris cillizaa of american foreign policy. he dresses better, though.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
:chloe:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
new york times: "brutalistmcdonalds, you're famous for using open source analysis (tm) to uncover mysteries -- who do you think attacked the kokurka courageous?"

me:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Willie Tomg posted:

absolutely bizarre this fascination some posters have with a moderator who leveraged their position into a thinktank-supported sinecure spoonfeeding ideological slop to the Someone Must Do Something warmonger caucus so other peoples' kids can die in the latest incarnation of the great game. it must be a trial having chained yourself to a dying empire being torn apart by its own incongruity, but you buy the court eunuch's ticket you take the court eunuch's ride. perhaps if wisconsin was geocached on open source media or whateverthefuck your expertise could have helped think tanks help the democrats "make the case" more effectively than this. your greatest career aspirations are as the middle management ideas guy in the marketing department of brushfire wars of opportunity, you trifling piece of poo poo.

being able to summon a poster by just typing his initials is a power im not sure i want to have tbh

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
bug-eyed freaks from mars! that's right! thanks for calling me for my opinion, maggie

now if you'll excuse me. hey bartender! i'll have another. keep my tab open.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Willie Tomg posted:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

You can read about my opinion in the perfectly credible New York Times.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dreylad posted:

Speaking of which, the Houthi are still a kilometer from Najran, and yesterday they shut down Abha airport with a cruise missile and suicide drones.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lmao at the people smell-testing bm's bullshit in the comments

quote:

Actually, I haven't seen anything that convinces me the Iranians are there at all.

The linked article references Ashoura-class and Zolfaqar-class speedboats. There's no mention of a Gashti-class or model. The only image resembling the boat pictured is linked to a dead video stream. Perhaps Gashti is a sub-type of Ashoura? We have no idea.

Either way, both patrol boats aren't exactly maritime archetypes. They're pretty generic speedboat designs adapted in specifically Iranian ways. If you can manufacture any fiberglass powerboat, you can probably knock together something that looks like the boat in the picture.

Assuming all the Iranian speedboats are even accounted for. I don't see any VIN markings on the allegedly Iranian vessel either. The US equivalent: Are we talking about the USS Cole or the USS McCain? That should be a pretty easy question to answer. Especially when you have image enough to spot a supposed limpet mine.

That's assuming the images are real at all. The special effects crew from "Enemy of the State" put together better work back in 1998.

Nope. Not buying it. I'm just as convinced US or Saudi impostors were trying to remove a mine they knew would reveal their espionage. There's absolutely no reason right now to believe one account anymore than the other. Actually, based on recent events, you can discount US and Saudi credibility quite substantially.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i think it's cool to title my nyt op-ed with a loving question mark

also:

Willie Tomg posted:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

still shaking my head at that post though. you pompous prick. after vietnam, iraq, libya, both venezuela coups, korea, the list goes on, endless wars and bloodshed given the big thumbs up in the editorial pages, what kind of brain disease do you have to have to flaunt a byline in the new york loving times. you should be ashamed of yourself for publishing in that rag and instead you puff up your chest and waddle in here like a prize pig, expecting us to kiss your feet like the cretins in d&d. gently caress off forever you sanctimonious little poo poo.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

isnt he paid to be a literal war propagandist lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

R. Guyovich posted:

still shaking my head at that post though. you pompous prick. after vietnam, iraq, libya, both venezuela coups, korea, the list goes on, endless wars and bloodshed given the big thumbs up in the editorial pages, what kind of brain disease do you have to have to flaunt a byline in the new york loving times. you should be ashamed of yourself for publishing in that rag and instead you puff up your chest and waddle in here like a prize pig, expecting us to kiss your feet like the cretins in d&d. gently caress off forever you sanctimonious little poo poo.

R. Guyovich posted:

R. Guyovich posted:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

pompeo and mbs would be more credible if they went with the line that iran was attempting a false false flag attack in which they launched an attack to make it look like that saudi arabia and the US were trying a false flag lol

the context surrounding the attack being launched by iran and the US blaming iran would require the most perplexing and non-sensical motivations that doesnt even meet saturday morning cartoon villain level

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
me and the boys plotting to get the us into another war

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

perhaps the case isn't clear enough *circles a blot of pixels with red color tool that says "limpet mine"*

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

what kind of brain disease do liberals get where one moment they are screaming about trump being a corrupt manchurian candidate who stole the election and then the next moment they are whooping and hollering for trump and the iraq war crew to bomb another middle east nation under extremely obvious false pretenses in another re-enactment of lucy pulling the football away

i guess it's an obvious example where warlust transcends sports team politics

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

R. Guyovich posted:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

the responsible thing would have been to make your headline a statement. if they wouldn't publish it that way, then scrap the drat article. yes, it's transparently a gulf of tonkin style setup, a story so thin a toddler could poke holes in it, just like the story that the syrian rebels were culpable for the chemical attack that assad actually did which you definitely didn't cover in such a tentative way when you were a forums moderator. that is what you should probably be telling the people reading the nyt. just imo tho

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

dont let trump near the nuclear button! he would be unfit to be commander in chief of a port-a-potty!

oh you say he wants to bomb brown people? we are all patriots now. let me cum in my pants while a tomahawk missile launches and i quote leonard cohen on being guided by the beauty of our weapons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i just quickly checked again using google and the new york times has still predictably not covered the OPCW leak revealing that the OPCW suppressed and hid a dissenting report on the alleged syrian chemical attacks

which would be extremely relevant information to add to a narrative about creating a "virtual crime scene" on syrian chemical attacks if you cared about journalism at all of which the NYT obviously does not
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/06/24/world/middleeast/douma-syria-chemical-attack-augmented-reality-ar-ul.html