Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
Not to be overdramatic or anything but if they remove Mawile I am going to literally light myself on fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

LightningSquid posted:

Not to be overdramatic or anything but if they remove Mawile I am going to literally light myself on fire

Get a second pyre ready for mega mawile

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mawile.................... good riddance

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Johnny Joestar posted:

it doesn't actually matter what is or isn't the case because either way it means we get the fun of watching a bunch of utterly joyless people go out of their way to endlessly pick apart every single aspect of everything we see until release later this year in regards to anything related to the game, and they're going to make sure we know what they think about it no matter what our stance on it all is

buckle up

In before nerds start accusing us of complaining too much about their complaining.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

oddium posted:

mawile.................... good riddance

Nooooo.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Drapion, I'll keep the lights on for you.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

LightningSquid posted:

Make some room on the pyre I'm going to join you.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Johnny Joestar posted:

it doesn't actually matter what is or isn't the case because either way it means we get the fun of watching a bunch of utterly joyless people go out of their way to endlessly pick apart every single aspect of everything we see until release later this year in regards to anything related to the game, and they're going to make sure we know what they think about it no matter what our stance on it all is

buckle up

The pokemon subreddit is a loving dumpster fire of this.

:qq: IM QUITTING POKEMON VOTE WITH YOUR WALLETS GAMEFREAK BAD :qq:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

even despite my complaints, i will still play this game and find it epic as hell

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Eox posted:

Drapion, I'll keep the lights on for you.

drapion is legit maybe the worst looking pokemon

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ROFL Octopus posted:

even despite my complaints, i will still play this game and find it epic as hell

:same:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

oddium posted:

weird way to spell Diggersby

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

ROFL Octopus posted:

:yeah:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I will enjoy the game but be very cross if Breloom isn't in it and that'll probably be enough to not mess around with competitive like I usually do

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I wasn't going to get Pokemon Home so i'd notice no problems but then i'd see a post that Hoothoot or some other cool pokemon wasn't in and i'd be sad.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Zore posted:

weird way to spell Lucario

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Zore posted:

weird way to spell Ambipom

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Zore posted:

weird way to spell Stunfisk

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Violet_Sky posted:

The pokemon subreddit is a loving dumpster fire of this.

:qq: IM QUITTING POKEMON VOTE WITH YOUR WALLETS GAMEFREAK BAD :qq:

it appears they've also gone full r/the_donald and started banning anyone with a dissenting opinion that's not 'THIS GAME WILL BE MISERABLE SO THIS IS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE BETRAYED'

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

yo what the gently caress

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Pokemon I think could disappear with the fewest complaints: Mantyke, Delibird, Spinda, the Starly line, Stantler, Volbeat, Illumise, Castform, Heatmor, Unown, Spoink and Grumpig, Solosis line, Elgyem line, and at least a half dozen Legendaries like the Lake trio and most of Gen 5's legends other than its cover Legends

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Not sure it was posted yet:

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1139047086077415425

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

All Pokemen all good; yes, even that one. I'm not fond of the Gen 3 lighting bug pair but they're part of the gen III ecosystem and hell, I gotta respect that.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Xelkelvos posted:

Pokemon I think could disappear with the fewest complaints: Mantyke, Delibird, Spinda, the Starly line, Stantler, Volbeat, Illumise, Castform, Heatmor, Unown, Spoink and Grumpig, Solosis line, Elgyem line, and at least a half dozen Legendaries like the Lake trio and most of Gen 5's legends other than its cover Legends

You and me are gonna have words in the parking lot:toughguy:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Walrus Pete posted:

yo what the gently caress

I've made my dislike of Stunfisk clear in the past. :colbert: I don't like it and it'll be the one Pokemon I'll be glad not to see in ye olde Galar Dex.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm pretty even Game Freak doesn't know why Heatran exists.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Funky Valentine posted:

why would a lava lizard not exist

the real question is, why can't it breed, it has genders

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Blaziken386 posted:

why would a lava lizard not exist

the real question is, why can't it breed, it has genders

They got hit with Professor Elm's genophage

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Funky Valentine posted:

It existed so my lovely teenage self could give it a choice scarf and win without strats

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Sidestepping the whole dex thing, I kind of surprised that folks can look at the desolate overworld, lovely textures, pop-in and stripped down move animations and be like "yeah this looks great!" Seeing the barren field filled with wingull lifelessly floating around really dampened the excitement I had for the game.

It's okay to be displeased with the direction the game is going without being frothing about it.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Some Pokémon really need an explanation from the developers. Heatran is one of them.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Zuzie posted:

Some Pokémon really need an explanation from the developers. Heatran is one of them.
explanation: lava lizards are cool, don't steal special rocks from volcanos

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Zuzie posted:

It is a cool and strong fire lizard with a metal exoskeleton.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

explanation: lava lizards are cool, don't steal special rocks from volcanos

I feel like lava lizards would be cooler if it was a line of lava lizards rather than a random Legendary.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

oddium posted:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Yeah I get the feeling that it was originally conceived as a regular Pokémon but halfway through development it was decided that it should be a Legendary instead. Some people didn't get the memo though.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Solosis line,

:catstare: Take that back right now

My personal, actual take on the national Pokedex issue is that, as someone who collects shiny Pokemon, I'm super disappointed at the prospect of not being able to see some of my favorite prizes on the Switch. To be honest this feeling has only grown over the past few days, and I'm honestly considering not even getting the game at this rate because of the sour taste this all has left in my mouth. No ill will towards anyone who decides the game is worth it anyway though, of course.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Zore posted:

You and me are gonna have words in the parking lot:toughguy:

I'll bring the blanket and the golf clubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Funky Valentine posted:

You keep misspelling Heatmor. Stop it.