Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Didn't Pat win the bet with Liam?

According to Pat Liam ended up having to back out of the deal and concede defeat, then didn't even pay up (which Pat was fine with). The bet's been over for 3 years according to him.

excuses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Er, well, you might want to hold off on that cause they're using the same politician speak about a given EU release as they have any release prior so they might be Persona 4 Arena'ing the game at which point I don't think that counts as a win.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So the thing with the bet is that it was done, then for two or three years they "double or nothing" it. After that point, Pat did not want to continue, though Liam did (since it was a funny bit) and pushed it hard enough to extend one more year. After that year, Liam tried to egg Pat for another one, but Pat refused so Liam paid... except he didn't have any change, just a big bill that Pat refused because his OCD. Then it just kinda ended in nothing. Pat's side is that he hasn't been paid and doesn't want the money anymore, Liam that Pat refused the pay (and depending on what Liam finds funnier at the time, it either means Pat's just a babby or the bet is still ongoing)

tl;dr Liam owns the deed to Pat's house, cube and Elmo.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I hope that Liam is alright. He kinda got the roughest end of 2BFP and I only want him successful.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So the new episode of 3rd birthday (13) begins with Woolie disclaimering hard over Minh's bullshit

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So the new episode of 3rd birthday (13) begins with Woolie disclaimering hard over Minh's bullshit

he's shorter than pat and wants to mamoru weak girls

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

minh is the platonic ideal of a troll

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I started off disliking Minh but his continuing effortless slow killing of Woolie's soul is amazing to witness

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrunchyResoluteTigerTBCheesePull :allears:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Don't worry, I thought Woolie was cute too.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k8otHMwy5w

2snacks is nuts. Feels a bit weird to see one of these post breakup, but still good stuff.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Man I wanna play 2Snacks' version of RDR2 now.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
Seeing Liam's anxiety attack over CSB getting the RoosterTeeth partnership kind of worries me about him saying he's going back to college for game development. It's such an awful career, and I kind of wonder how he'd handle it.

Though I imagine he'd probably be trying to do some small indy thing rather than any big video game sweatshop.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Liam's an intelligent dude, I'm sure he'll work out how to handle the pitfalls. I'd actually love to see an indie game from him, too.

Edit: Oh god, Matt and Liam are playing Sonic 2006. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=absS0pl1f5c

Viridiant fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jun 15, 2019

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Viridiant posted:

Liam's an intelligent dude, I'm sure he'll work out how to handle the pitfalls. I'd actually love to see an indie game from him, too.

Edit: Oh god, Matt and Liam are playing Sonic 2006. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=absS0pl1f5c
Geee I wonder if I'll cringe more during this or when Game Grumps did a 100-parter. :suicide:

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Viridiant posted:

I've never actually seen an LPer let the orca escape out of the gate and I'm glad that cutscene is even jankier than I could have ever imagined.

First time I've seen anyone beat that mach speed section without any game overs, either. drat, Liam.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 15, 2019

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Am I crazy or have they played Sonic 06 before?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Big Scary Owl posted:

Yes, on stream at a Con for like 40 minutes.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Big Scary Owl posted:

I don't think they've ever LPed it before, but I refuse to believe they've never played it in their own time.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jun 16, 2019

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Oh my god I know half the experience of '06 is running into its bullshit for the first time, but like not doing research or test plays might be a mistake, especially at this point (even with Matt as a guide). You always have to see someone fumbling around ignoring the tutorial markers, pointing out every little flaw. I bet we'll even run into the issue where they don't realize you have to manually save or you'll lose all of your progress. People also never realize this game is like twenty hours on a first playthrough. I appreciate that there are editing cuts, at least.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 16, 2019

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Plan Z posted:

Oh my god I know half the experience of '06 is running into its bullshit for the first time, but like not doing research or test plays might be a mistake, especially at this point (even with Matt as a guide). You always have to see someone fumbling around ignoring the tutorial markers, pointing out every little flaw. I bet we'll even run into the issue where they don't realize you have to manually save or you'll lose all of your progress. People also never realize this game is like twenty hours on a first playthrough. I appreciate that there are editing cuts, at least.

Editing a Sonic 06 playthrough is cowardice

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Andrast posted:

Editing a Sonic 06 playthrough is cowardice

I didn't mean anything personnel by it.

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Big Scary Owl posted:

There's some weird Mandela-effect thing going on here, I was also 100% sure they'd done a multi-part Sonic 06 LP before, but I guess not!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

They forgot to do the AOT spoilercast at the end today.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Paige is doing Baba is You

You know how she easily crushed portal? Oh you don't? uh oh

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Tae posted:

Woolie has shown that brute smarts do work at times in baba though :v:

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
The talk on the podcast about advertising in games just made me remember the really bizarre Mercedes thing in Mario Kart 8.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Tae posted:

It's 4+ hours and exactly what you'd think (at least from the bit I've watched) but with the added amusement that she will often say a level's solution out loud and then not do it and get distracted trying to do something else.

Edit: the tutorial levels took her about 50 minutes.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 18, 2019

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I haven't listened to castle superbeast in a while but thought maybe this time pat wouldn't talk about some dumb poo poo that would annoy me specifically. Just wanted to say his opinion on ffxiv black mage is stupid and based on memes and any black mage with three brain cells to rub together has better mobility than red mage. That is all

somepartsareme fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jun 18, 2019

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

somepartsareme posted:

I haven't listened to castle superbeast in a while but thought maybe this time pat wouldn't talk about some dumb poo poo

not sure what podcast you thought this was

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I had this sudden image of being in a raid with pat where he does a bunch of incorrect shotcalling for mechanics he doesn’t understand and getting into fights with people
correcting him over voice chat and now I know what hell looks like

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

somepartsareme posted:

Just wanted to say his opinion on ffxiv black mage is stupid and based on memes and any black mage with three brain cells to rub together has better mobility than red mage. That is all

1. this is mega hyperbole
2. three brain cells is a lot

Planning your BLM spells per fight, IE the thing that actually creates the skill ceiling on that job, gives you pretty good mobility (namely "as much as you could possibly need") but saying "better than RDM" is crazy because BLM's various tools (even the ones coming up in 5.0) can't compare to jolt/fire/stone stutterstepping, Dualcast, and the melee interjection.

Also, RDM doesn't even require two brain cells to exploit their inherent mobility. :shepface:

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I dunno, swifcast/triplecast/thunder 3 procs/random and guaranteed fire procs/infinite teleports has to be at least pretty close in mobility to every other cast being free, especially because you can save some of those things for windows where you know you'll have to move

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

somepartsareme posted:

I dunno, swifcast/triplecast/thunder 3 procs/random and guaranteed fire procs/infinite teleports has to be at least pretty close in mobility to every other cast being free, especially because you can save some of those things for windows where you know you'll have to move

Sharp/Swift/Triple are all 60s (and in most fights are best used right away in the opener, so you're dead in the water for a little while outside of teleport) and your primary damage spell (Fire4) has a cast time that is greater than the GCD so you don't get anything beyond the distance of your stutterstep (unlike RDM where the short spells/skills are lower than the GCD so they get an extra second of free movement even ignoring dualcast giving them a whole extra several seconds to move freely per spell). Sharp and Swift are fine to squat on for reactionary usage after the opener but letting Triple and Leylines desync means you're slowly whittling your own burst potential out of a fight due to that particular quirk of F4 (if you want to get real nerdy, using your instant casts on anything other than F4 at all also does this).

Teleport is fantastic utility but isn't really anything that increases your own ability to be mobile, as it depends fully on other folks in your party to do the moving FOR you. People who have freedom of movement have the same propensity to preposition ahead of time as they do to move at the last second, and only one of those options is helpful for you when you're slavsquatting in your Taunt Circle or otherwise preoccupied with no happenstance procs/<x>cast to buffer with.

BLM will not (and optimally can't, because leylines and unmodified astral phases specifically restrict your freedom of movement) be as mobile as any other class, and comparing it to the caster job that might as well be a Bard that briefly stops to check their stopwatch every 4 seconds is intensely unfavorable. Mobility options will improve significantly with 5.0 giving you a 30s Sharpcast and Xenoglossy being an instant cast you can bank every 30s as well, but doesn't fundamentally change that your core rotation from lv60+ demands you root yourself for between 3 to 30 seconds while dealing damage and pretty much every other job is free from this constraint.

BLM owns and has the best numbers but absolutely requires those three brain cells and very much earned its nom de guerre of "turret mage".

Emalde fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jun 19, 2019

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This week's episode ruled even if they didn't do basement talk, they might as well wait for the final two episodes to air since it'll wrap things up nice and neatly and leave some huge speculation fodder at the ready. Then they can binge the manga and probably have their goddamn minds blown because everything that happens since has been insanely goof

But the whole ff7 vs CT thing was so good, they were just having a blast gushing about both games, it was great

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I literally just started playing FF7, and while I already know a lot about it, decade old game, etc. I still felt inclined to skip a bunch of that discussion just so I could get as much of it first hand as I can.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Thy were very vague with most stuff, but yeah, probably for the best.

And pat is absolutely right. FF7 is ABSURDLY huge in scope.

I wonder if they'd ever consider giving FF6 the remake treatment once FF7 remake is done. :v:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I can't wait for them to ruin Midgar's pacing by stretching it to all hell

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah I can't wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Captain Invictus posted:

Thy were very vague with most stuff, but yeah, probably for the best.

And pat is absolutely right. FF7 is ABSURDLY huge in scope.

I wonder if they'd ever consider giving FF6 the remake treatment once FF7 remake is done. :v:

I would want to see FF6 remade with that "2d animation in 3d" style used on stuff like Guilty Gear Xrd but using Amano's whispy concept art for everything