Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Screaming Idiot posted:

Nonsense, you do a great job of being pale, gelatinous, and terrifying.

Somehow, this makes me feel better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Raldikuk posted:

Anytime my access hiccups I always get a sinking feeling I will get my notice... especially when it is a portal or app to sensitive information or whatever. Usually it is just the network burping or something but one day...maybe not

Wow it must be really stressful to work thinking you could be fired anytime.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

spankmeister posted:

:capitalism: & :911: all rolled into one.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
plus you lose your healthcare (if any)

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Volkswagen Factory Workers in Tennessee Reject Union https://nyti.ms/2XimKRm

Thank goodness. Now the workers can collaborate directly with management without those pesky middlemen.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

That's less capitalism.png and more america-theocracy-in-denial.png though.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

prostitution and the sex industry is hosed up in ways which predate the rise of capitalism

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
This is criticising American laws being dumb. Although it doesn't even scratch the surface, considering recent laws like SESTA/FOSTA and, in general, hosed up enforcement priorities.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Lambert posted:

This is criticising American laws being dumb. Although it doesn't even scratch the surface, considering recent laws like SESTA/FOSTA and, in general, hosed up enforcement priorities.

it's an utterly dumb critique lol, the logic is abysmal

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

spankmeister posted:

Anxiety is not logical at all and can destroy the best of us.

When the float dispense machine where I work runs too low on a coin or note, it doesn't say anything like "too low to dispense amount requested", it says "user is not authorized to receive dispense" which STRONGLY implies they cut you off and you aren't trusted to take a float and do your job anymore. The first time I saw that I panicked wondering what the gently caress I did wrong because I thought I was doing great.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/1139656289846464513

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Context: NZ teachers have been in a dispute over the new collective agreement with the government for going on a year now and after several strikes the govt has finally fronted with a some more money so the unions are likely to accept. Part of the deal is a lump sum payment to union members in recognition of the lost income while on strike, and also a 3 month delay in the freeriders non-union members receiving the benefits of the new agreement.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

s/non-union/scabs/

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

If that guy mad he should form a group large enough to pressure change in favor of the working man

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

weird it says hes philosphically opposed to unions then the paper quotes him as saying he wants better pay??? must be a mistake

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

off with his head

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Me, very prole-ishly, very loudly: kill the child!!!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Screaming Idiot posted:

Bolsheviks did nothing wrong

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Screaming Idiot posted:

yeah man, just like the bolsheviks

but, on further reflection I realize I meant to say

off with their heads

i.e., the producers, production staff, etc

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

in addition to the kid, I mean. sociopathic little poo poo has a bright future on the opposing side of the class war

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I mean, maybe the kid is a monster, but I don't think he is the one picking his gigs at this stage of life.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

the producers, production staff, etc

Yeah start with the many grown adults involved in creating and driving this forward, and the kid's agent and poo poo for pitching it to him or getting him involved. The actor is only 16. Kids shouldn't be punished too hard for their lovely opinions, how many of y'all were entirely responsible in your decisions at that age?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I'm not even responsible now! *canned laugh track*

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Season 2 sucked anyways
Also the kid chose to do the show so whatever he'll get some pissed off tweets thrown at him at that's a out it

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

He isn't just the host but also the executive producer, so it's not just his agent saying "do this role I picked for you"

I mean of course 16 year old boys are going to be dumb assholes and have little concept of how horrible it is to gently caress with people trying to get a regular job, so combine that with bring a child actor and welp

Kids need adults in their life to say "no don't torture people"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Are people desperate for a job really people?

My experience in the field tells me that no, I am not really a person.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Enfys posted:

He isn't just the host but also the executive producer, so it's not just his agent saying "do this role I picked for you"

executive producer credits are the participation trophy of credits

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Nick Mullen’s joke about “Now explain to me, how come the biggest child actor in Hollywood has no teeth?” is historical canon to me now.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

children have been known to grow into capitalists, guillotine them all preemptively

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

T-man posted:

children have been known to grow into capitalists, guillotine them all preemptively

you pro-choicers are all the same

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Enfys posted:

Kids need adults in their life to say "no don't torture people"

Unfortunately this is the capitalist hellworld dimension so the adults are saying "Whatever keeps the gravy train rolling, sweetums"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The edge cases are what re-education is for

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Nick Mullen’s joke about “Now explain to me, how come the biggest child actor in Hollywood has no teeth?” is historical canon to me now.

He has the lesser child actors chew his food for him.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Shame Boy posted:

Also I looked up the watchlist cuz I was curious what it was actually called officially (it's the TERRORIST SCREENING DATABASE of course) and found this excellent graphic the FBI made

Is this loss

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
Stealing from cursed images thread

https://twitter.com/WrrrdNrrrdGrrrl/status/891643397009805312

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I think fishmox has been posted in this thread before but yeah, it shows up all the time and it's peak depressing :smith:

At least some of the people buying it are idiot preppers though so at least there's some fun to be had there.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

I really don't want to go into work tomorrow.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Shame Boy posted:

I think fishmox has been posted in this thread before but yeah, it shows up all the time and it's peak depressing :smith:

At least some of the people buying it are idiot preppers though so at least there's some fun to be had there.

Lol i first heard about using fish antobiotics in some dumb tom clancy book in the 90s, where it showed how the cool villain could stay under the radar, and now its a routine part of our healthcare nightmare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/SamsungSupport/status/1140409768743452672

lol

gently caress