Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The grandfather I understood. Your grandson starts watching erotica content in his room alone and you find girly garments and you assume he's into some kinky stuff. But this shopkeeper just assumes the outfit is for the kid and not someone else was funny, but weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Anyone going/gone to the manga exhibition at the British Museum? They're showing stuff from Golden Kamuy, Ashita no Joe, Professor Munakata etc.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Chas McGill posted:

Anyone going/gone to the manga exhibition at the British Museum? They're showing stuff from Golden Kamuy, Ashita no Joe, Professor Munakata etc.

* bursts into exhibition * WHERE'S THE HENT??

It opens this week, I might go on Friday. Better be good since they are charging £20.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Chas McGill posted:

I'm already set to go to London 2 weeks from now, so I could stop by and take a look.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

New Majo no Kaigashuu (The bloody paintings one)
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/majo-no-kaigashuu/en/0/3/page/1

No sir, I dont like this. Not one bit.

Lol wrong thread for it.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 26, 2019

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New Kouya ni Kemono And we meet a new character who makes a pretty gory first impression. Plus wonderful food of the Japanese countryside.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
More importantly: new chainsawman!

That "sword" was really cool.
holy crap at that ending. So now only Power is still standing, but I assume Denji will get up soon. Still I'm on the edge of my seat here.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
man, i really want to like chainsawman but there's just no suspense at all. power can solve everything without even trying with her fearsome intellect that could even win a nobel prize. i don't know why the rest of the cast even bothers to show up.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
it's by the fire punch author so I'm getting ready to be disappointed even if it looks cool

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

nerdz posted:

it's by the fire punch author

:chloe:

yeah

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
uh what exactly happened to Fire Punch? the premise sounds cool and I remembered people being at least OK with it but now everyone's talking about it like it's Wolf Guy or something

and I never got around to it so I have no real context here

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

rape is used as a threat a bunch of times, there's also kind of a weird handling of a trans character, and cannibalism

not sure if i'm missing anything else, i didn't finish it but i did get through what seemed to be the worst of that stuff and into it being more just about the protagonist letting go of his revenge and being a normal dude

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
which he utterly failed at

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
the characters were super annoying and the story went nowhere with a very lovely, rushed ending

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Also the whole sister but not really sister / sex thing

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

That Works posted:

Also the whole sister but not really sister / sex thing

I'm a bit confused about how this was a problem when the first chapter was the main character's biological sister propositioning him for sex and outright stated cannibalism. Fire Punch was definitely a messed up ride through and thru, I'd heard it mentioned that the writer set out to make each volume different in tone and structure from the previous and it shows in how scattered the writing is and how abruptly some transitions happen. But man was it not a crazy ride that kept me coming back to see what would happen next. I also miss the underwear wearing helmet fighter who winds up being a core member of Agni's posse for a while. He was a cool streaker.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Brought To You By posted:

I'm a bit confused about how this was a problem when the first chapter was the main character's biological sister propositioning him for sex and outright stated cannibalism. [/spoiler]

I don't really see what's confusing about that.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

That Works posted:

I don't really see what's confusing about that.

People are mentioning stuff that happened in later volumes when the crazy train started with chapter 1. I'm not sure what the discussion of Firepunch was like here as I don't remember participating on this forum but I'm trying to figure out when and where posters started to draw the line with regards to the objectionable subject matter the story has. Because unlike Chainsaw Man, Fire Punch was a lot more edgy in it's opening volume what with the Dog whisperer and all. By comparison Denji's adventures to get laid are tame and the story feels more like it could fit into the Dorohedoro universe than anything else.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Finally started reading Chainsaw man and oh boy, did i choose a bad time to catch up

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I knew what I was getting into after the first chapter of Fire Punch so I enjoyed it for the convoluted edgy mess that it was. I read the entire series in two sittings so I could see what the author was trying to do though the execution was a bit off due to the pacing. If I had read it week by week I think I would've dropped it way sooner.

Fire Punch had a bunch of weird gross sexual stuff in it but I don't really remember much exploitative fan service clearly meant to get people's rocks off. I felt it was similar to Gantz in the random violence regard.

Chainsaw man owns though.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

New shuumatsu

https://valhallascans.com/project/shuumatsu-no-valkyrie/17

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Being able to suss out your opponents fighting capability through mental reconstructions of their supposed combat style because of how they walk is bullshit...the best kind of bullshit. Looks like best old swordsman made Poseidon lose his godly demeanor as expected.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Being able to suss out your opponents fighting capability through mental reconstructions of their supposed combat style because of how they walk is bullshit...the best kind of bullshit. Looks like best old swordsman made Poseidon lose his godly demeanor as expected.

Exactly the type of Bullshit to keep us reading this. :allears: It's so stupid and single minded it's still entertaining.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Chas McGill posted:

Just to update, I went and it was a decent event. They even had a special Munakata goes to British Museum story like that one time Rohan Kishibe went to the Louvre.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
My friend went (I'm up in Edinburgh and I can't really justify going down for the exhibition) and sent me a nice Princess Jellyfish postcard.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

You say lose but I think he's just staying true to his little brother.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
History's greatest loser!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
https://mangadex.org/title/22131

The Violence Action updated

Friendship between men is so beautiful

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

I thought I'd give this a quick look since it sounded reasonably entertaining.

...I wasn't really prepared for how good it is.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the translation died for a year and its return is a welcome surprise

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

new Dai Dark chapter out https://mangadex.org/chapter/639932 Sanko makes a new friend.:3:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The cutest gore manga around.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Dai Dark owns bones. :skulljoke:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Witch Hat Atelier is awesome...it sometimes reminds me of Berserk even if the tone is totally different.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

The lighthearted witchy parts of Berserk are very similar and both have got top notch A+++ art.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I want to see more of Strong Doctor Lady.

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the translation died for a year and its return is a welcome surprise

The manga was on hiatus as well, so I guess they didn't feel like translating more. I'm glad the author has returned.

L-O-N fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 25, 2019

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I found a newly translated horror series that seems to have potential. https://mangadex.org/title/22729/mashuri-no-hako

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Blue Period is so loving good, y'all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well. I think this chapter of School Live is definitively "in the endgame" at this point.