Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Planet Robobot is probably the best Kirby game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
planet robobot ftw

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It is

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

absolutely anything posted:

planet robobot ftw

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

spb posted:

Tropical Freeze is a masterpiece

Yeah brother

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

was gifted cadence of hyrule for Father’s Day. still 2.5 hours left to finish the download...

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Maybe it's just because I was a huge nerd in high school downloading poo poo off OC Remix but I can't get over how good this is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDpACm-WDeA

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The original Gerudo Valley theme is one of the best video game tracks out there so it makes sense that the CotN remix would kick so much rear end

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
lol Gleeokenspiel

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Smash needs to add all of the cadence of hyrule tracks ASAP

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

yelling obscenities at the zelda game after i die with 1200 fuckin rupees

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You'll get them back

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm not particularly good but even I could see how a permadeath run could be doable if you get lucky with your early loadout. Also the wealth of items that I'll never use even once could probably be part of some pretty sick combos and stylish gameplay once the nerds who enjoy that stuff figure out how to do it. Hookshot to boomerang to feather flip to spin slash to kill an entire screen all while trumpets blast sick Zelda tunes.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

American McGay posted:

Maybe it's just because I was a huge nerd in high school downloading poo poo off OC Remix but I can't get over how good this is.

It's so good.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

American McGay posted:

The composer danny baranowsky got started on OC Remix way back, it's cool

I had a collection of hundreds of tracks from that site back in the day

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I really like Star Allies with all the additional modes and stuff they added after release, but Robobot is probably still the best. It's so good.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I bought a refurbished 3ds from nintendo and it looks brand new and came with everything except a charging cable for $80+ cheaper than a new one from amazon.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Frenz posted:

I bought a refurbished 3ds from nintendo and it looks brand new and came with everything except a charging cable for $80+ cheaper than a new one from amazon.

A new one wouldn’t have come with a charging cable either lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
>_>

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

good thing he was wearing his hat

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I am loving awful at cadence but it’s fun. The music is very good

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I died hella times in a row right at the start but after one good run where I started picking up extra hearts it’s easy to me. I think I’ve only died once or twice since then and only because I didn’t know you have to have potions/fairies equipped to auto heal from them. I’m stuck at some puzzle in Hyrule Castle tho

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

ya i’m stuck in hyrule castle too lol. good luck gamer :cheers:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

AverySpecialfriend posted:

I died hella times in a row right at the start but after one good run where I started picking up extra hearts it’s easy to me. I think I’ve only died once or twice since then and only because I didn’t know you have to have potions/fairies equipped to auto heal from them. I’m stuck at some puzzle in Hyrule Castle tho

Oh poo poo thanks for the potion/fairy tip

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the flail is so op lol. is there any way to get past fans besides heavy boots? can't seem to progress without em

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

what are you talking about, you don't need to equip potions to be able to autouse them.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I definitely died with a red potion in my inventory and it says on the text that it auto heals you if you hit zero

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It does autoheal and you don't need it equipped. :shrug:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Zeluth posted:

FFVI is the only JRPG that I completed. I have to say that finishing a JRPG is rewarding.

it's one of the few I had the attention span and free time to beat, and it's probably my fave, so as someone in your position, if you only play 1 more ever I say make it either Chrono Trigger or earthbound

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

American McGay posted:

It does autoheal and you don't need it equipped. :shrug:

Then why did I die are you calling me a liar

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Then why did I die are you calling me a liar
Yes.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I wonder if Super Mario RPG holds up.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I said the graphics aged poorly and I didn't like looking at it and I got dogpiled by everyone in the thread so it probably holds up pretty well.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i don't like the graphics much either. IT's okay but i think the paper mario and mario and luigi games are mostly better except for the real stinkers in ml like the one that's all tutorials. luigi's dream world or w/e

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Nah those CGI graphics didn't hold up well because they look way worse when not on a crt. If you can play it on something like a crt or n3ds xl it still looks fantastic, but it looks really bad on a 1080p screen because of how that game was made

The actual game itself held up very well and is just as fun to play today though

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Average Bear posted:

Yes

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Hoobastank4ever97 posted:

Nah those CGI graphics didn't hold up well because they look way worse when not on a crt. If you can play it on something like a crt or n3ds xl it still looks fantastic, but it looks really bad on a 1080p screen because of how that game was made

The actual game itself held up very well and is just as fun to play today though

That game and DKC really benefit from the crt filter on the snes classic. Probably emulators have similar features but I'm not a criminal

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Average Bear posted:

It's fun but it's definitely not as good as I remembered it as a kid. I used to replay it every year or so for like 10 years lol, so maybe it was just burnout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I still like SMRPG a lot