Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Me, 24 times: More like lovely station

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeekTheMage
May 20, 2001
*clears throat*

Squid Megami Tensei

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cool they’re letting us play them in private battles but they should put them into the turf war rotation sometimes too.

Edit: Apparently they are maybe? It’s not that clear yet.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jun 8, 2019

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
im cool with splatoon 3 being a ways off if we get a cool spinoff or two in the interim

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

AfroGunsou posted:

im cool with splatoon 3 being a ways off if we get a cool spinoff or two in the interim

Same. A Splatoon 3 on the same platform would be really boring to me but I’d like something else in the meantime.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest Schedules :siren:

• JP Sweet-and-Sour Pork wo/ Pineapple vs. Sweet-and-Sour Pork w/ Pineapple @ June 15th 15:00 JT
  • US/AU/NZ Unicorns vs. Narwhals @ June 14th 21:00 PT / June 15th 14:00 AET
  • EU Kid vs. Grown-Up @ June 15th 16:00 CET
Splatfests last for 24 hours unless otherwise stated.

The Final Fest was announced, but we still have the other Splatfests to attend to.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

AfroGunsou posted:

how did mario get an x-com spinoff before splatoon

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Brother Entropy posted:

how did mario get an x-com spinoff before splatoon

To be fair, Mario is a much older franchise, and Splatoon is a much younger one.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Araxxor posted:

To be fair, Mario is a much older franchise, and Splatoon is a much younger one.

i know, i'm just saying a game style like that would be perfect for splatoon

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

i know, i'm just saying a game style like that would be perfect for splatoon
It's not Style Savvy: Splatoon Series, so it's not the most perfect match.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Please change the thread title to Splatoon 2: Splatocalypse when July hits.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 9, 2019

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Please change the thread title to Splatoon 2: Splatocolypse when July hits.

Splatoon Adventure 2 Battle: CHAOS CONTROL!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So, going by SMT rules, Chaos is the way to go.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Just in case you thought we weren't going to see more Splatoon 2 tournaments in the future, the 5th Splatoon Koshien was announced, with more competing regions participating.

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1137592606634831872

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Marina and everyone on order are cops. And you don't want to be a cop. Chaos is the only way.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Look I just want the order hat

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/SplatoonNews/status/1137592780203724800?s=19

On top of everything else, we'll also be able to choose the ink colors in private battles in 5.0.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Araxxor posted:

Marina and everyone on order are cops. And you don't want to be a cop. Chaos is the only way.

Petr Kropotocto says: anarchy rules, vote chaos.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

https://twitter.com/SplatoonNews/status/1137592780203724800?s=19

On top of everything else, we'll also be able to choose the ink colors in private battles in 5.0.

That is all very cool and all but I have literally never played a private battle, and the chance that I do is less than1%. I figure they won't be adding it to the online circulation huh?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

That is all very cool and all but I have literally never played a private battle, and the chance that I do is less than1%. I figure they won't be adding it to the online circulation huh?

Start a local Splatoon league!

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

100YrsofAttitude posted:

In the discord we often have enough goons playing to make a full private lobby. We had one just last night in fact

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A goon run private Splatfest could be fun.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah, Discord goons are getting together for chill splats all the time.

If you guys are actually hungry for playing with non randoms and playing private battles, you should really jump on the discord when you can. We're playing every other day if not every day, hell, Spraylan is already doing a semi organized goon tournament today, in a few hours, on the Discord.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

That's really cool, unfortunately I fear my crazy European moontimes, don't do me any favors on that. Maybe we'll coincide one day.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

We have at least one Euro dude if not more, two Australians and i'm a New Zealander, so timezones aren't necessarily too much of an issue for the most part.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
Is there a “how to hook up and play Splatoon 2 with other goons: a guide for complete loving idiots” post somewhere, because getting on the server was easy enough but I’ve never actually used Discord for anything and have absolutely no idea what to do next. I’m not set up to do voice chat, if that matters.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I made a mention at you on the server, so that should at least lead you to the Splatoon 2 channel on the server.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You only have to do, like, two things. First, post your friend code in the channel and add some folks, then just type !join-role Squid Kids
in there and whenever there's a splat party you'll get a notification.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Dang it, won't be able to play in the next splatfest and won't have a wired connection for the remainder.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Splatoon 2: Tentacle Mirage Stations

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Squid Megami Tentacle, please.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

i thought that was the chaos vs order splatfest art for a second and was like yea that just about nails it lol

also grizzco mystery rotation this weekend at lost outpost, an aussie squid group (sunshine state squids) is doing this fun little salmon run challenge thing (https://tinyurl.com/y67mkvxj) and as part of it, wrote up this tips, tricks and strategies document which i think is pretty good: https://tinyurl.com/y6bgxvy8. perhaps yall can learn a thing or two maybe possibly

Smiles fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 12, 2019

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
https://twitter.com/lazlo_nibble/status/1139033884438347776

I know we’re getting all the night mode stages, Shifty Stations, and so on, but I’m still going to miss festival nights on Inkopolis Square.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This shifty is awesome! One of the all time highlights IMO, not too gimmicky and it's got a great Horn sound effect for the phase change that I don't think they've used before.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Now the EU Splatfest has also started. Have fun.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Everyone who's rolling short range weapons right now in this map set please gently caress off, nearly all of you are doing poorly. It's kinda mind boggling

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LethalGeek posted:

Everyone who's rolling short range weapons right now in this map set please gently caress off, nearly all of you are doing poorly. It's kinda mind boggling

I’d still take that over getting stuck with 2 lovely chargers on your team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Mad Marie: Woomy Road
Vs.
Cephalopunk 2077