Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Overemotional Robot posted:

Is it too much to ask that we get a Netflix show or something for ES because that cinimatic was cool as hell.
A Telltale game would be good except I'd be shocked if anyone good is still there and IDK if they could design something open enough to capture the TES feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

it'd be some tragic irony for telltale (rip) to get tapped now to do an elder scrolls game considering michael kirkbride just recently got let go from there

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
Huh, I didn't even think of something like that. That would be pretty sweet.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

putting the trailers up here for the new page

Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcDY-5GjGaE

Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17m0i6IcBJM

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Blur Studios as always does really fantastic work

only complaint ive ever really had with the trailers is i dont think they've ever really nailed just right elves in TES, they always look a little too human (especially the Altmer Heroine)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

You expect me to believe that one mangy cat is gonna do more to a dragon than a dude who literally became a giant bone tyrant? Especially after she nearly got roasted in the previous cinematic? That's some next level plot armor there man.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I'm curious how they're going to handle Sai Sahan in the event that you sacrificed him in the original main quest.

I probably didn't need to spoiler that at this point in the game, but hey, there's a ton of new players lately.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Beefeater posted:

I'm curious how they're going to handle Sai Sahan in the event that you sacrificed him in the original main quest.

I probably didn't need to spoiler that at this point in the game, but hey, there's a ton of new players lately.
Maybe the celestial warrior like the guy from the craglorn quest? I've never chosen him, but maybe I will on the next char I do the story with to see how they handle it.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Abnu Tharn being Too Old For This poo poo will never get old.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Abnu Tharn being Too Old For This poo poo will never get old.

The fact that it's Alfred Molina makes it even better.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
People who make MMO cutscenes are often geniuses. Just look at any of the cutscenes for The Old Republic, every single one of them has action significantly better than any Star Wars movie.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

funny you say that as blur did all the swtor cinematics as well (and they're pretty cool yeah)

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Can anyone explain why are there dragons in catland?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
A wizard did it.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Berke Negri posted:

funny you say that as blur did all the swtor cinematics as well (and they're pretty cool yeah)

And now they're going to make the Sonic Movie. Their big step up!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Siegkrow posted:

Devs needed something to hook people in because Necromancer is a limp flop.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

MJBuddy posted:

And now they're going to make the Sonic Movie. Their big step up!

Somebody definitely monkey pawed that one. "I wish that the guys who did the SWTOR cutscenes could work on a movie!"

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Somebody definitely monkey pawed that one. "I wish that the guys who did the SWTOR cutscenes could work on a movie!"

That was unironically said more than once in the SWTOR thread.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Traveling for work so no ESO for me.

Liking my stamcro a lot. The combo of the totem, bb and the scythe are amazing fun for leveling. I found myself laughing at how rerrify8ng he must be as all the mobs scream and grab their head. Be interesting to see how that goes in PvP, cuz he needs Vigor and such. I am about 4 or 5 levels from cap. Thinking of trying Armor of Truth for the off balance buff and one of the poison/disease sets. The aoe off balance from scythe is really dependable, especially with skull slotted.

Course I usually start leveling another before I get one fully kitted.

Anyway... liking the stamcro.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Sogol posted:

Traveling for work so no ESO for me.

Liking my stamcro a lot. The combo of the totem, bb and the scythe are amazing fun for leveling. I found myself laughing at how rerrify8ng he must be as all the mobs scream and grab their head. Be interesting to see how that goes in PvP, cuz he needs Vigor and such. I am about 4 or 5 levels from cap. Thinking of trying Armor of Truth for the off balance buff and one of the poison/disease sets. The aoe off balance from scythe is really dependable, especially with skull slotted.

Course I usually start leveling another before I get one fully kitted.

Anyway... liking the stamcro.

Pro tip since I've been playing stamcro in lowbie BGs and some non-lowbie as well: you're gonna want more sustain built in than you think you'd need. It's a hungry loving class if you're really playing it to the max. But I like the idea of using Truth (I may test this out as well), but maybe combo it with something like Shacklebreaker or even Bone Pirate.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Siegkrow posted:

thousands of years ago a handful of dragons went down to catland to do something big bad but got foiled and locked up in a mountain

then abnur tharn does what he does best and hosed up and let them out

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Pro tip since I've been playing stamcro in lowbie BGs and some non-lowbie as well: you're gonna want more sustain built in than you think you'd need. It's a hungry loving class if you're really playing it to the max. But I like the idea of using Truth (I may test this out as well), but maybe combo it with something like Shacklebreaker or even Bone Pirate.

Yeh, I was thinking of Shacklebreaker or Bone Pirate. I think I have most of Bone Pirate in the bank. All disease sets have stamina sustain I think.

Something like Cowards Gear might be interesting too since the self heal from scythe keys off max health.

On another note, BGs did not exist when I stopped playing. Are they fun? Anything in particular I should know before trying them?

So far as long as I pace a rotation on BB and don’t spam anything like skull, etc. sustain hasn’t been an issue. He is wearing crap like lvl 16 Hundings training set and getting scaling buffs so dunno...

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Ever since Elsweyr came out, we've been getting random disconnects non-stop to the point where doing anything other than logging in for the daily rewards/queing up riding lessons is a pain. Even doing profession writs ends up with a trip to the login screen more often than not.

Are there any clever fixes or workarounds, or should we give up and go back to WoW (as bad as it currently is)?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Ephemeron posted:

Ever since Elsweyr came out, we've been getting random disconnects non-stop to the point where doing anything other than logging in for the daily rewards/queing up riding lessons is a pain. Even doing profession writs ends up with a trip to the login screen more often than not.

Are there any clever fixes or workarounds, or should we give up and go back to WoW (as bad as it currently is)?

who is we've and what's your region because that doesn't sound normal (though issues happen but if you can barely login at all that sounds like something user end)

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Me and my wife are playing on US servers from Europe per this thread's advice (since the EU goon guild appears to be dormant).
This arrangement worked fine up until Elsweyr's release, which is when the issues started. We thought that it was just general post-patch instability, but it doesn't seem to be going away.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

sorry if i sounded flippant do you have a screenshot of the error code if you've been getting one? if its just general DC's i'm sorry

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Probably not a EU problem, no issues here. I havent played much the past week, but I've done pretty much all of Elsweyr without problems.. One or two dcs when it started out and people were hammering everything.

valuum fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 11, 2019

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Try playing through a VPN, only thing I can really recommend. :shrug:

Sad Wendigo
Jul 23, 2007

Nap Ghost

Scyantific posted:

Try playing through a VPN, only thing I can really recommend. :shrug:

Playing from Australia, the game hates when I try to play through a VPN. :bang:

Troubleshooting problems like this is such a pain, all I can really do is wish you luck...and don't go back to WoW..ick

Eric WK
Apr 10, 2008

i'm a festival,
i'm a parade.
Just switched from Xbox One to PC. Would love a guild invite. @NewBermuda

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

What are some good crafted sets for a leveling heavy armor/2-Hander Dragon Knight? Ashen Grip?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Imo, still DPS sets. Hunding's and Night Mother's.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I am guessing Stam?

Hundings with Training is kinda standard for stamina leveling gear. I think. You can make a mix of med/heavy to taste.

I’ve used Ashen Grip to level a Stam DK and it worked ok. Clever alchemist can be fun as well. I you're leveling as a tank HistBark or Fortified Brass might be fun.

Honestly, for leveling pick almost anything with the basic stats you want. You can wear found trash until you get your weapon swap and then make a lvl 24 training set or whatever and wear it through 50. You only start to feel a bit underpowered in the last few levels, but have more skills by then... or just make a training set for every 10 lvls, bank it to lvl other stam.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
One of my characters is bugged. He cannot mount, cannot sprint and when I press the block button once, the block animation stays active forever :v:

Its not caused by add-ons. Very strange.

Bear Is Driving
Mar 30, 2003

That seems to be a common issue with Stamina Necromancers for some inscrutable reason. In addition to those issues, I have also experienced:

-Food doesn't work, it disappears when you eat it but you get no buff.
-Healing effects don't work. For example: the Scythe power still does damage but you don't receive any healing, potions don't work, etc.
-Inability to crouch/sneak.
-Permanently stuck being "discovered" while sneaking, even in places with no NPC's
-Vampirism being cured (no buff, skin textures return to normal) when you advance from one stage to the next. <-- my personal favorite in the wtf category.

All of which just seem to happen at random times. It makes the game interesting to say the least. The only thing I've found that fixes this stuff is dying, not the best of solutions lol, and it's only a matter of time before the bugs pop up again. Hopefully it gets fixed during the maintenance tonight.

Taliesyn
Apr 5, 2007

Just started playing ESO, looking for a guild invite. @Sturmsohn

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

PS4 Summerset Collector's edition for $40ish dollars. It was as low as $27 the first time I checked it. Thought about buying it for the statue and book and then realized I don't need more junk in my house.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset Collector's Edition - PlayStation 4 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BJ5LKQQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_01LbDbPR2EABT

Taliesyn
Apr 5, 2007

Taliesyn fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jun 17, 2019

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

PS4 Summerset Collector's edition for $40ish dollars. It was as low as $27 the first time I checked it. Thought about buying it for the statue and book and then realized I don't need more junk in my house.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset Collector's Edition - PlayStation 4 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BJ5LKQQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_01LbDbPR2EABT

Doesn't Elsweyr contain Summerset? That plus the fact that you can get Summerset via ESO Plus makes this seem like a bad deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biggfoo
Sep 12, 2005

My god, it's full of :jeb:!
Giving it a try, wouldn't mind a guild invite NA, @biggfoo. Thanks